PDA

View Full Version : Electric fuel pump problem with 4.8l

speightskeg
6th December 2013, 01:08 PM
electric fuel pump problem
Hi... im new to this forum and i have a thirsty 4.8l gu series 2 with a 90l gas conversion....My problem is i have a fuel leak that seems to be comming from the back right... i ignored it for awhile until i had trouble starting while it was in gas so i flicked it to petrol still would not start....I found a fuel pump fuse blown and replaced it and it blew again ...so i changed back to gas and it was hard to start ...My question is does anyone now how the gas /petrol change over system works and has anyone got a wiring diagram for the fuel system...Also how hard is it to change the electric fuel pump on the 4.8l
cheers
Jason

Yendor
6th December 2013, 01:38 PM
Most LPG system fitted to EFI vehicles will start on petrol (even if LPG is selected) then automatically change to LPG once running. So this is more then likely you starting problem.

How are the fuel tanks set up in your vehicle?, Is the gas tank under the rear of the vehicle?, Where is the petrol tank?, Is it the original sub tank fitted on RHS below the rear seat?

If it's the original sub tank you will be able to access the fuel pump via an inspection plate under the carpet, just behind the drivers seat. If it has an aftermarket tank or external fuel pump fitted ignore this.

The fuse blowing is more then likely a faulty fuel pump. Disconnect the fuel pump and then try the fuse again. If the fuse blows with the fuel pump disconnect you will need to follow the wires back from the fuel pump checking for signs of damage to the harness.

You need to fix the fuel leak.

speightskeg
6th December 2013, 03:33 PM
thanxs for the info Yendor.....I do have original sub tank and gas tanks at the back

Cheers