PDA

View Full Version : Club Rego - Quick question

Skids13
5th December 2013, 05:35 PM
Hi does anybody know if there is such thing as 4x4 club registration? which allows you to drive so many days a year in the sate of Victoria

NissanGQ4.2
5th December 2013, 05:57 PM
As far as I'm aware there is no such thing in any state of Australia, I wish they would bring in a Recreation Vehicle permit for four wheel drives

Read the VicRoads website: www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/OtherPermits/ClubPermits.htm

Cheers

Toddie

Winnie
5th December 2013, 05:57 PM
Not 4x4 specific. But if it's an older car (25 years I think) it can qualify for club rego.

fxst78
5th December 2013, 06:06 PM
Club rego can be quite restrictive in you allowed use. My old man keeps all his cars on full rego even though qualifys for vintage and club rego because it is so strict on when you can drive the car.

Skids13
5th December 2013, 06:17 PM
Ok thanx heaps! bought a 85 MK cheap not long ago trying to fix the previous owners dodgey repairs so I can get roadworthy and road rego, just thought if there was maybe a club rego I could get, without a roadworthy, thanx guys! wish me luck! lol

NissanGQ4.2
5th December 2013, 06:30 PM
Ok thanx heaps! bought a 85 MK cheap not long ago trying to fix the previous owners dodgey repairs so I can get roadworthy and road rego, just thought if there was maybe a club rego I could get, without a roadworthy, thanx guys! wish me luck! lol

You will find even club rego needs 2 have a roadworthy

Skids13
5th December 2013, 06:43 PM
Only worried about VIV and engineer certificate

MudRunnerTD
5th December 2013, 07:20 PM
You will still need a VIV if it was a Stat write off.

So here is the story.

Club Rego does exist and as Winnie states the car must be 25years old. You must be a member of a club that is registered with you state rego board (many are) ( the likes of the Nissan Owners club etc)

Club rego provides you with a "H" plate (Historic Club)

There are 2 levels of club rego being 45 days and extended to maximum of 90 days per annum . You must keep a log book but No Other Restrictions apply to the use of the car. You no longer have to be on a club trip.

There is an assumption that you use the car on Club activities like Gymkanas etc and you car has to be signed off by either the Secretary or the President of the club. NO ROAD WORTHY IS REQUIRED and given the club use there is far more flexibility available for bigger lifts etc! Very exciting! 4 more years and the GQ qualifies! Yeah!!!!!

MudRunnerTD
5th December 2013, 07:21 PM
When my GQ hits 25 I am starting a club ;)

4 years and counting

NP99
5th December 2013, 07:58 PM
I'm sure insurance would be a pita....

Mud Gecko
5th December 2013, 08:12 PM
Hmmm, my wallet is already starting to squirm at the thought of a GQ ute comp truck under club rego :devilred: :devilred: :devilred:

NissanGQ4.2
5th December 2013, 08:24 PM
There is an assumption that you use the car on Club activities like Gymkanas etc and you car has to be signed off by either the Secretary or the President of the club. NO ROAD WORTHY IS REQUIRED and given the club use there is far more flexibility available for bigger lifts etc! Very exciting! 4 more years and the GQ qualifies! Yeah!!!!!

Very interesting Daz, So who would be liable if the club secretary or President signed off on a Nissan Patrol with a 6inch lift and it rolled over going around a bend one day killing someone or even just damaging another car. Does the clubs have their own insurance for these things?

MudRunnerTD
5th December 2013, 08:33 PM
Very interesting Daz, So who would be liable if the club secretary or President signed off on a Nissan Patrol with a 6inch lift and it rolled over going around a bend one day killing someone or even just damaging another car. Does the clubs have their own insurance for these things?

I did a fair it of reading on this topic about a year ago. There is a wicked blog on the topic by some biker dudes that set up their own club. Bloody easy to do mate!

So reading your link above the reg states that a club scrutineer stating that the vehicle is safe for road use. Alternatively it can be signed by an Engineer stating that it is "safe for road use where the vehicle is built outside the standards prescribed in the standards". This is certainly something that can be embraced by Engineers who have their hands tied to comply within the limits of the regs. This is different to something that is safe. I will certainly be researching this subject with much more interest over the next couple of years. 2017 and my GQ is ready to go!

NissanGQ4.2
5th December 2013, 08:38 PM
I did a fair it of reading on this topic about a year ago. There is a wicked blog on the topic by some biker dudes that set up their own club. Bloody easy to do mate!

So reading your link above the reg states that a club scrutineer stating that the vehicle is safe for road use. Alternatively it can be signed by an Engineer stating that it is "safe for road use where the vehicle is built outside the standards prescribed in the standards". This is certainly something that can be embraced by Engineers who have their hands tied to comply within the limits of the regs. This is different to something that is safe. I will certainly be researching this subject with much more interest over the next couple of years. 2017 and my GQ is ready to go!

Yeh I will have 2 look into it as well, mine should be 2016 if I have dome my maths right *L*

Still don't see why they can't have a recreational permit for four wheel drives, I wouldn't really care about paying a yearly road worthiness as long as the rego was a lot cheaper.

NP99
6th December 2013, 12:49 AM
Who knows what the rules will be in 2016/17. Would be great if we had national registration for starters...

threedogs
6th December 2013, 08:40 AM
And if you get caught without yor log book filled out for the day,
be prepared to hand your Goolies over with one hand
and possible keys with the other

liftlid
6th December 2013, 12:45 PM
Who knows what the rules will be in 2016/17. Would be great if we had national registration for starters...

Bugger that, we would end up having to get roadworthy each year. Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
6th December 2013, 04:00 PM
Bugger that, we would end up having to get roadworthy each year. Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we have 2 so should u! *L*

liftlid
6th December 2013, 04:02 PM
Yes, we have 2 so should u! *L*

Ok now I'm thinking Victoria should be a separate country to get away from NSW's draconian road rules!!!!!

taslucas
6th December 2013, 04:12 PM
Ok now I'm thinking Victoria should be a separate country to get away from NSW's draconian road rules!!!!!

Yes its very nice down here away from Australia

NissanGQ4.2
6th December 2013, 04:15 PM

Now I'm thinking I should move 2 VIC to get away from NSW's draconian road rules!!!!!

liftlid
6th December 2013, 04:25 PM
Now I'm thinking I should move 2 VIC to get away from NSW's draconian road rules!!!!!

Woo hoooo........

taslucas
6th December 2013, 05:33 PM

Vic rules are too strict, keep driving south Todd

AB
6th December 2013, 06:31 PM
Vic rules are too strict, keep driving south Todd

Where it's still legal to date your family members...lmao

taslucas
6th December 2013, 06:36 PM
Where it's still legal to date your family members...lmao

tempting isnt it!?