PDA

View Full Version : Victoria's parks survey

DSPIES
5th December 2013, 02:36 PM
Hi Folks.

Victorians and people visiting Victoria are being invited to participate in the first state-wide online survey that has been developed to find out what people value most about these special places and how they benefit from them. Parks Victoria has joined forces with researchers from the University of South Australia and the University of Queensland to develop a survey that uses an internet based Geographic Information System (GIS) to help gather the information.

Ensuring ongoing access to our parks is something we all really value. Please take the time to complete this survey, and direct your mates/friends/family to also take the time.

Hopefully we can keep more gates unlocked for longer.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/about-us/news/visitors-invited-to-help-shape-the-future-of-our-parks

AB
5th December 2013, 02:45 PM
Internet explorer is really struggling with the interactive map.

I'll try FF or Chrome tonight.

DSPIES
5th December 2013, 02:48 PM
To drop the pins you need to zoom right in. You can the specify something about the oin, such as "increase remote 4wd access' and then zoom out to move to another area.
Zoom back in, drag/drop the pin and repeat.

DSPIES
6th December 2013, 03:16 PM
hey folks,

not much of a response to this thread so i thought i'd give it a bump.

This is certainly the first time i've seen parks vic ask folks that head out bush, how we'd like our parks preserved.

I completed the survey and across the map i asked that 4wd tracks be left open and remote 4wd camping spots be preserved. - (you can do this when you drop the little vehicle pin on the map and add a comment. you need to be zoomed in to drop the pins).

this is a rare opportunity to have our voice heard, and you can bet your $$ the greenies are getting on and canning us and trying to limit access for 4wds.

anyway, this is just my2cw but it would be good if 50 or 60 of us got on board.

safe xmas to you all folks and i hope to get out on the tracks with you soon.
david

AB
6th December 2013, 06:29 PM
Yep, good point mate. Please gents if you have time it could be beneficial to all of us.

growler2058
6th December 2013, 06:36 PM
AB you can use my email account to add another vote mate. I wouldn't have a clue about tracks over your way

Sir Roofy
6th December 2013, 07:01 PM
its a good idea but feel that after the survey its going to make it easy
for parks to charge top dollar for the more popular areas and activitys
in the end you,ll only be able to visit designated areas the rest will be
still shut up

Bob
7th December 2013, 06:17 AM
Intend to do this over the Weekend.
Thanks for heads up DSPIES