PDA

View Full Version : Loosing powr

statok
30th November 2013, 06:13 PM
Hey,

I have noticed over the last couple of days my patrol isn't running as good as it use to.

I can be travelling at 110ks on the high way get to even a slight hill it starts to slow down.

When im driving along the road i live on i use to be able to drive along the road doing 90ks no worries in 5th gear. Now i have to pull it back to 4th.

The take off is alot slower.

Also i just got home and checked how many ks ive travelled on this tank and ive gotten 750ks out of main tank of diesel and the sub tank. Last time i got 972.

Any thoughts?

Could it be the micky thompson MTZ tyers i just put on it?

Cheers

megatexture
30th November 2013, 07:00 PM
Personally I don't notice a huge diffrence between roadies and muddys and I run both ( stock Bridgestone tyres and 33" mtz).
I more notice the larger tyres and Ive worked out there's about a 2 ltr per100km diffrence between stock and 33"s.
Did you upgrade tyre size or are they just the tread pattern that's diffrent

statok
30th November 2013, 07:55 PM
I updated my tyer size. to 285 75 16.

To me its just not running right. The turbo is working like it use to its just loosing guts. fair enough its only a 2.8ltr but i dont know. Glow plug maybe

NP99
30th November 2013, 08:03 PM
What about fuel filters, are they due for a change? Have you changed where you refuel?

statok
30th November 2013, 08:18 PM
I changed my fuel filter today. I did actually. Before i used bp ultimate diesel but this time ive used caltex vortex. Its really annoying me.

NP99
30th November 2013, 08:20 PM
See what happens when you go back on BP dieso...

statok
30th November 2013, 08:23 PM
When i changed the fuel fitler was grey jelly like stuff in the bottom of it when i emptied it out.

NP99
30th November 2013, 08:26 PM
Might want to add some dieso fuel conditioner in the tank too...

statok
30th November 2013, 08:32 PM
Will do! Just wish i was a mechanic

NP99
30th November 2013, 08:34 PM
You'll pick up a few ideas here mate to get you started, ask all the questions you want, there are many here to help you...

nissannewby
30th November 2013, 09:01 PM
Check the small gauze filter on the inlet to the injector pump.

GrumpyOldFart
1st December 2013, 09:20 AM
I'll second that Nissannewby.
Had the power loss thing happen to my father in laws 4.2 turbo in the way to Alice. They had dramas driving into a head wind. Undid the front banjo bolt on the pump and gently stuck a Philips head screwdriver in the hole and pulled out a cup shaped fine mesh filter clogged with bits of filter paper! Cleaned and back in, all fixed full power again.
Don't know if the 2.8's have them though

Dru

threedogs
1st December 2013, 10:13 AM
bigger tyres slow them down a bit , have you tried spraying the MAF.
What are your tyre pressures around town?

statok
1st December 2013, 11:46 AM
Hey threedogs. What is the MAF? Sorry if its s stupid question.

Im using 40psi for the mtz's

megatexture
1st December 2013, 12:10 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?597-Checking-and-cleaning-MAF-sensors

statok
1st December 2013, 01:45 PM
Ok, Ive checked the MAF and it had a little bit of stuff in there. Cleaned that.

My injector pump doesnt have a filter on it.

The only thing we have noticed is that the waste gate arm isnt moving when we accelerate the car. We tested it by taking the inlet hose and used my air compressor and put it into the hose and the hard moves in and out. But when we connect it back to the car it doesnt.

We have checked the inter cooler hoses and they build up pressure.
??????????

statok
5th December 2013, 02:28 PM
I took the patrol to the dr's yesterday and he plugged it in to the computer. Code 12 came up (the maf sensor). He cleared the code. Turned the car back on Code 12 showed up again.

So the MAF sensor has had it.

Ordered a replacement last night. Hopefully thats all it is

threedogs
5th December 2013, 04:23 PM
any way you can put OE size tyres on to see if that is the issue

mudski
5th December 2013, 04:29 PM
Will do! Just wish i was a mechanic
When you own a 4by you become your own mechanic for a lot of things. Otherwise you will be broke all the time. But that what the forum is for too. To help each other out.