PDA

View Full Version : rubber strips for flares wtf

Stropp
28th November 2013, 07:59 PM
I have the gu in getting some cosmetics fixed and part of it was to repaint the flares as i had one getting done thru insurance, the painter who i know called me to say the rubbers were double sided taped on and could not be reused so he called Nissan holy hell $549 :1087: i know i can get them from nisbits but i need the car back tomorrow so woe is me.

oncedisturbed
28th November 2013, 08:16 PM
gardern edging, that is all :)

Cuppa
28th November 2013, 08:22 PM
Yep. The new genuine Nissan wheel arch flares I bought off ebay ($175 delivered for a pair - front - I thought that was a lot!) came with a ‘fitting kit’ which consisted of a moulded rubber strip with double sided tape on each side plus a handful of under arch clips. The rubber strip sticks onto the paint & onto the plastic flares & fills/finishes off the gap between flare & body. It may be possible to cut the double sided tape away from the paint with a sharp blade, leaving it stuck to the flares. With a bit of cleaning up, it should then be possible to use another strip of double sided tape on the moulded strip to reattach to the newly painted surface.
Surely Nissan don’t want $549 just for the moulded rubber strip?

Unforunately the only ones for a gu on ebay at the moment are second hand for similar money & no fitting kit.

trekster
28th November 2013, 09:51 PM
sikaflex, glue that f@#ker back on so it ain't coming off!

Stropp
28th November 2013, 10:16 PM
Yep. The new genuine Nissan wheel arch flares I bought off ebay ($175 delivered for a pair - front - I thought that was a lot!) came with a ‘fitting kit’ which consisted of a moulded rubber strip with double sided tape on each side plus a handful of under arch clips. The rubber strip sticks onto the paint & onto the plastic flares & fills/finishes off the gap between flare & body. It may be possible to cut the double sided tape away from the paint with a sharp blade, leaving it stuck to the flares. With a bit of cleaning up, it should then be possible to use another strip of double sided tape on the moulded strip to reattach to the newly painted surface.
Surely Nissan don’t want $549 just for the moulded rubber strip?

Unforunately the only ones for a gu on ebay at the moment are second hand for similar money & no fitting kit.

Yep just those rubber strips the double sided tape is too hard to take off so its new ones :(

Cuppa
28th November 2013, 10:35 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-GU-Flare-Seal-Mould-51-77976-100-/350928501637

Stropp
28th November 2013, 11:52 PM
The one I'm getting is the white one rather than black

megatexture
28th November 2013, 11:59 PM
Ahh that will explain why the pannel beaters sikaflexed mine back on and made a bloody mess of it I told them to pull the sh!t off and give me new ones. Apparently they had glued on the whole flair and it all had to be replaced.. Idiots

Stropp
29th November 2013, 12:20 AM
Ahh that will explain why the pannel beaters sikaflexed mine back on and made a bloody mess of it I told them to pull the sh!t off and give me new ones. Apparently they had glued on the whole flair and it all had to be replaced.. Idiots

Yep mine was sikaflexed with a whole tube for each flare!