PDA

View Full Version : Zd30 cr egr blocking plate.

oddkid82
28th November 2013, 10:54 AM
I have a mate with a 07 zd30 cr patrol who is thinking of putting in a egr blocking plate, he has heard stories of the car going into limp mode in cold days, does he have to drill a hole in the plate, or is this just a myth.

He has a boost, egt gauge and a catch can.

What are your thoughts?

my third 256
28th November 2013, 11:02 AM
yes he does need a 10 mm hole in it whitch defeats the purpose
better put a catch can on jmt

mudski
28th November 2013, 11:23 PM
I have sold around 300-400 CRD plates this year and not one person has come back to me saying they needed to drill a hole in it. What you will find is happening is when you block the EGR you are effectively increasing your EGT's because now you have that little bit extra of exhaust which was going through your intake but now has to go out where it should. The exhaust. So, when you get higher EGT's your ECU will compensate for this and increase the boost to pump more air pressure in to lower the EGT's. Therefor, sometimes giving you limp mode. So, there is two options here. Don't block your EGR, or block the stupid thing off and instal a Dawes valve to stop the over boosting issues and while your at it, put in a needle valve and your car will go like it has never before. Or your mate car.... ;)