PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Entries for Series 4 2008 GU

Beni C
27th November 2013, 09:31 PM
Hey guys,

Looking at installing the duel batt system this weekend but buggered if I can find anywhere decent to poke the wires through on my 2008 ST wagon.

Have poked around the forums, various people make mention of a grommet under the brake master cylinder and even a plate on the auto's where the clutch would usually be, cant find either.

The only half decent place I can see is a big gromment right in the middle just under the rear of the intercooler and its quite high up, would come in round the back of the radio perhaps, dont particularly want to rip the whole dash apart.

I am going to be running a battery box in the back with the aux battery in it so an entry on the passenger side would be ideal.

Any help greatly appreciated.

oncedisturbed
27th November 2013, 10:07 PM
That big grommet you're talking about is where most put there cables through

Beni C
27th November 2013, 10:16 PM
Thanks man, its it pretty easy to pick up where it pops out behind the dash?

MudRunnerTD
27th November 2013, 10:22 PM
You could leave the cable outside the car until the back and then in through a grommet there mate.

The large grommet under the Brake master is a bit of a bugger to get to but its there. You will find it easily from the inside under the accelerator pedal.

Rumcajs
27th November 2013, 11:05 PM
What's wrong with the big grommet on the passenger side of the firewall in the bottom corner?
Anyway, why complicate things, use dc to dc charger like Ctek D250S (http://www.ctek.com/au/en/chargers/D250S%20DUAL) to charge your aux battery. Also you must ensure it is fully sealed type if it is mounted inside the vehicle.

Cheers

my third 256
28th November 2013, 08:24 AM
underneath mate
alomg chasie rail to back in conduit and up through grommet on pasanger side rear pannel and your in the
cavety to put one of these in or something like it or make your own
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BAINTECH-NISSAN-GU-PATROL-POWER-PANEL-SOCKET-SUIT-ENGEL-WAECO-MERIT-HELLA-CIGA-/271302588225?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2ae4f741

luxo barge
29th November 2013, 08:55 PM
Just run 8mm dual core wire for the fridge through the Passenger side on my 2010. Look under the glove box and you'll see the loom run through the sound insulation with a square cut out. Poke a screw driver through on top of the wires to exit the top of the boot. Sheesh I done it even with ABS in the way.

8mm dual core is as fat as battery cable.

Beni C
2nd December 2013, 06:08 PM
Yeah spotted that one with the loom through it, going to run it through there.

happygu
2nd December 2013, 06:24 PM
Ben,

Any reason for not keeping it all under the bonnet ..... it fits there and it is all out of the way.

Mic

Beni C
2nd December 2013, 11:32 PM
The aux battery I have is huge!! The biggest battery tray I can get is 325mm long and the 130a/h AGM battery I have is about 340mm long. Down the track I will eventually hook it up all under the bonnet but the battery is pretty much brand new so I dont want it going to waste and we are going away in January so I want it up and running for then.