PDA

View Full Version : Shaken not stired

wildgu6
21st January 2011, 07:16 PM
Hi guys. Just thought i would fill you in on the miss's day.
She was at the local PO paying a few bills, money and bills on counter when 2 brudas walk in wearing balaclavas carrying a bag, they push the miss's away from the counter, open the bag a pull out a sawn off shot gun.
Brandishing the shotgun at the guy behind the counter and yelled empty the till now, now the other one, looked at the miss's and another woman that was there and told them stay where they were.
Bags filled with the takings, and off they bolted out the door.

Miss's OK but very shaken. So how well do we know the law??

My question is, Money and bills on the counter, armed hold up and $$ are taken.
Who is responsible for that money, the customer or the PO ????
and should the miss's make a police report ?
PO manager said they could leave before the cops got there.

Good news; miss's not out of pocket; Some robbers are not as bright as they are scarey.
They threw the bills on the floor with the $$ in them...lol
Bad news is she keeps replaying it in her mind.

Cheers Pete

MQ MAD
21st January 2011, 07:40 PM
Hope the minister is well,and doesnt have to many nightmares regarding this

Maxhead
21st January 2011, 07:43 PM
Wow mate, something she's not going to forget in a hurry,
Hope all is well.

Cheers

wildgu6
21st January 2011, 07:48 PM
Yer she's a hot headed croation quite capable of standing her ground but glad she's not stupid as well,and when they pushed her aside she was ready to arc up until they pulled the shotty.

Woof
21st January 2011, 08:26 PM
Pete so good the hear that she was not injured mate very lucky indeed, so glad that she kept her cool.

wildgu6
21st January 2011, 08:34 PM
Pete so good the hear that she was not injured mate very lucky indeed, so glad that she kept her cool.

Thanks mate, Ditto. As i said she has a very hot head.

Bigrig
21st January 2011, 08:45 PM
Glad to hear she's safe mate - that's the first thing and dead set goes without saying. Next thing - what the hell is going on???? MY missus is Croatian also AND she was also held up by a bloke with a shotgun a few years ago (literally in her face) - she actually confronted him - I sh!t you not!!!!! What is it with Croatians!! LOL They are a tough breed no doubt.

It took it's toll on my missus as it surely has/will on yours, but time heals mate, and hopefully your missus will make the right strides in getting over it ... side note, I would have thought the PO's insurance covered anyone INSIDE the office at the time for all possessions etc ...

wildgu6
21st January 2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks big fella and you sure got that right Scotty, they are one tough breed all right..
Lifes never boring..........lol
Cheers for the side note mate.

YNOT
21st January 2011, 08:56 PM
I'm glad your wifes OK mate, that would shake anyone up.

Tony

Sir Roofy
21st January 2011, 09:04 PM
im glad your wife is ok mate,the world is going crazy

roofy

wildgu6
21st January 2011, 09:39 PM
im glad your wife is ok mate,the world is going crazy

roofy

your not wrong mate

im2xtreem
21st January 2011, 10:09 PM
WOW, the poor girl. She must have been terrified!! I am REALLY glad she is ok and pray she doesn't have any long term effects from this.

Shayne

wildgu6
21st January 2011, 10:14 PM
WOW, the poor girl. She must have been terrified!! I am REALLY glad she is ok and pray she doesn't have any long term effects from this.

Shayne

Thanks Shayne, I hope she doesnt as well. Time will tell I guess.

Cheers Pete

wildgu6
21st January 2011, 10:55 PM
Bloody Hell Pete, main thing is she is OK, the money is insignificant. Standing in front of a gun is scary stuff and she will never forget it as long as she lives. But she will get over the shock and trauma as time goes by. Just make sure she's kept close and let her talk it out if she wants. Councelling may be a good thought too but probably a bit soon for that just yet.

I'd be making a police report definately too.

Cheers Plas, I think she should as well but she can be stubborn, even if it affected she will say it didnt.

DX grunt
21st January 2011, 11:04 PM
Pete.

PM sent. Preeks!

Finly Owner
21st January 2011, 11:04 PM
Pete I'm glad the missus is OK, and understand that she is strong, but for Gods' sake send her back in to that PO tomorrow to pay bills again. If this is left more than a few days she may never step foot into that PO again. This is real psych stuff. Encourage her to let her real feelings out, Mate, as many victims of crime slowly lose confidence, this well known in case studies. Please give her the confidence to do this, as this will help her deal with the shock.

Tim

wildgu6
21st January 2011, 11:25 PM
Pete I'm glad the missus is OK, and understand that she is strong, but for Gods' sake send her back in to that PO tomorrow to pay bills again. If this is left more than a few days she may never step foot into that PO again. This is real psych stuff. Encourage her to let her real feelings out, Mate, as many victims of crime slowly lose confidence, this well known in case studies. Please give her the confidence to do this, as this will help her deal with the shock.

Tim

Thanks Tim, Good advice. Will take that on board buddy. :bowdown:

patch697
22nd January 2011, 12:41 AM
Pete Im so glad your Wife was not hurt mate but keep a close eye on here coz I can tell you first hand she will need you. (I worked in a servo night shift & 3 time in 1 year was enough for me)

AB
22nd January 2011, 09:01 AM
Jeez Pete, thats crazy!

I'm glad she's ok, like Paul mentioned keep an eye out for her for a while as those kind of experiences eat your mind sometimes.

wildgu6
22nd January 2011, 11:09 AM
Pete Im so glad your Wife was not hurt mate but keep a close eye on here coz I can tell you first hand she will need you. (I worked in a servo night shift & 3 time in 1 year was enough for me)

Thanks Paul and will be keepin an eye on her. Must be a scary feeling mate, never had to experience it myself and hope never will.
Hope everything is getting easier on you big fella. All the best.

wildgu6
22nd January 2011, 11:12 AM
Jeez Pete, thats crazy!

I'm glad she's ok, like Paul mentioned keep an eye out for her for a while as those kind of experiences eat your mind sometimes.

Ditto Andy, Thanks mate

Cheers Pete