PDA

View Full Version : Injection bleeding

dirtygu
25th November 2013, 10:40 PM
Hey everyone got my zd all back together now just wondering what's the easier way to bleed the injection lines

AB
26th November 2013, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure if you can do this on the common rail if it is? But on the TD42 you can crack the injectors a bit and bleed through with the plunger.

Hopefully someone can help you soon on your ZD30. Maybe let everyone know if It's common rail or not. Not sure if you can do that on Common rail???

You may even have a bleeder on the actual pump?

Col.T
26th November 2013, 07:50 PM
G'day Dirty,
hang off 'till you get the hot gospel from a guru but I reckon if you've got fuel all the way to the fuel pump and that's primed fully, you'd be O.K. to do the rest on the starter motor.
In effect that's what you do at a major service with a new fuel filter but of course then there's at least some fuel still between the pump and the injectors.
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/archive/index.php/t-19864.html&sa=U&ei=YlmUUvueG-y2sATG9IGAAg&ved=0CBIQFjAG&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHWInhQQZiPbluDmRR3p12SFzXkPQ.
Not sure if this will work and I'm too old to learn if it doesn't but if it does, worth a look. Read it ALL though
Good luck
Col

Rumcajs
27th November 2013, 11:28 PM
You can't crack injector lines off on the CrD (common rail), it is highly dangerous and lines have to be replaced everytime they're undone!
On Di you can bleed the lines by cracking them off but it is very messy and hard to do once everything is assembled (intercooler is in the way plus access is very tight).
Otherwise you just need to patiently crank it until it fires up (it takes a while), have spare battery handy.
Cheers

dirtygu
1st December 2013, 11:22 PM
Ok I got the injectors bleed up but it still seams a tad hard to start first thing in the morning or if its sat for a while have to half press the throttle down is it normal

Rumcajs
1st December 2013, 11:29 PM
Nope, pressing acc pedal down should have no influence on EDC engines. Normally you could try prime the fuel with manual primer and see if that makes it to start easier if it does that means its sucking air somewhere.
Also have you reconnected glow plugs buzz bar wire and or are the glow plugs working (shorted fuse maybe)? That's another cause of hard/er starting especially in the morning.

Cheers

dirtygu
2nd December 2013, 01:01 AM
To b honest I dont even use the glow plugs so dont know if its that had a problem with the hand primer so changed that now it starts a bit better but still turns over 3 or 4 times before it fires

alexx
29th June 2015, 10:37 PM
I am just wondering how you, finally, figure this problem out? how were you able to solve it?