PDA

View Full Version : Side indicator

daz172
23rd November 2013, 12:38 PM
Hey was just wondering if any1 knows how to change the bulb in the side indicator at the front near door 37230 1 of mine has stopped working and I can't find it anywhere in my manual

Clunk
23rd November 2013, 12:42 PM
dont they just pop out?

lhurley
23rd November 2013, 01:55 PM
Pretty sure you can just wrap a small screw driver in cloth and put it under it to pop it out.

BigRAWesty
23rd November 2013, 01:58 PM
Or you can remove the plastic inner mud guard and access it that way..

trekster
23rd November 2013, 02:02 PM
You push it one way and it allows the clip that holds it in to come out of the hole,

I just tried it on my GU1 and on mine you push the assembly forward and then pull the back end out, I guess it depends on which way they are installed.

Cheers,
Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

daz172
23rd November 2013, 02:10 PM
Yeh probably I just wanted to make sure that was the right way, I didn't wanna break anything, I've never had to deal with these in the past. So the. It should just pop out ??

daz172
23rd November 2013, 02:11 PM
It's raining heavily here ATM so wen it eases off I will give that ago, cheers guys

megatexture
23rd November 2013, 02:57 PM
Led replacement. Then you won't have to deal with them again.

daz172
23rd November 2013, 07:34 PM
Hey yeh thnx guys , got it , push it 1 way then another and it just popped out.
Yeh I'll get the led replacement , everything else in it is led, I never really even thought of those but now I had a prob with them I'll change em

daz172
24th November 2013, 11:28 AM
Ok I've changed globes with LED but the indicator in question still is not working. Can some1 give me a brief run down on how the wiring is run if they know ? I mean I was thinking that each indicator on a side is connected somehow and in my case all other indicators r working just not the little one in front quarter panel near door, so wat could b cuz ing it not 2 work? Or get power to that 1 in particular ???

ova50
24th November 2013, 12:10 PM
Have you checked if it has power at the assembly. If so, it may just be dirty contacts where the bulb fits.
A couple of days back I had a brake light that was out. Turned out just to be dirty contact point.

Clunk
24th November 2013, 12:21 PM
Ok I've changed globes with LED but the indicator in question still is not working. Can some1 give me a brief run down on how the wiring is run if they know ? I mean I was thinking that each indicator on a side is connected somehow and in my case all other indicators r working just not the little one in front quarter panel near door, so wat could b cuz ing it not 2 work? Or get power to that 1 in particular ???

have you tried the globe the other way round, or has been said, cleaning the contacts

daz172
24th November 2013, 12:24 PM
Ok there good ideas , to clean the contacts, just a good electrical contact cleaner?? I will try those , thanx guys will let u know how I go,

Clunk
26th November 2013, 09:42 PM
Did you sort it?

my third 256
27th November 2013, 08:10 AM
led's only work one way so turn it around and see

threedogs
27th November 2013, 09:29 AM
I use this style T10 globe, hope you sorted yours out

daz172
27th November 2013, 11:20 PM
Hey sorry guys , been really busy I just got a new job recently , I had been outta work for months, well It's not sorted yet haven't really had much time to do it I did get new led globes but only to discover it not the prob, there must b a prob with wiring so where but I have no idea where to start , what circuit the wiring is on or anything just yet. My new job is pretty full on ATM so just haven't had the time yet to go over car from head to bottom. I was tracing some wiring back from my rear wiper, followed it right throught from end to end so mayb I've done something there , I guess this should b my first place to look, but I don't see how I have done anything there as it was all in a loom and no connection just wires straight through....... Any ideas????

NissanGQ4.2
7th December 2013, 08:45 PM
Did u get this one sorted Daz?

daz172
7th December 2013, 09:39 PM
No not yet mate , have had a few things going on lately, just started a new job so been a bit busy, I have changed the globe but only to find it wasn't the globe , and that it must b in wiring somewhere but my prob is I have no idea where to start looking to fix and with the new job haven't had the time Thro everything