PDA

View Full Version : Bullbar for Warn highmount

Gary Vansleve
22nd November 2013, 10:03 PM
Recently purchased 2006 Coiled cab chassis with 4.2 Turbo. I have a Warn highmount with a few goodies done to it and am wanting to fit to the ute. Below is a pic of the bar that came with the ute. I found this photo on ebay and is the same bar that's on the ute.

The bar has a placard that says genuine Nissan bar and wording to the effect that the bar is non airbag compatible ( the ute has an airbag in the steering wheel) go figure.

I have searched and there seems to be 3 ways I can accommodate the fitting of the winch mod the one I have or get a Millweld or xrox bar.

Has anyone modded the bar in the pic and does anyone have pics of the bars mentioned fitted to their GU's

I must admit Iam not keen on modding the bar because I do not want to mod the grill and my skills set may not be up to the task.

Regards
Gary

MudRunnerTD
22nd November 2013, 10:28 PM
Hey Gary,

Yes you can make it fit but you will have to cut a section out of your grill and may need to notch out your bar too.

The Millweld looks sweet but make sure you tell them you want to fit a Highmount and that you DON'T have the skills to modify their bar. I have read that a few have had trouble with them being a direct fit. This info is a few years old though and Millweld may have sorted it out so ask the question.

MudRunnerTD
22nd November 2013, 10:30 PM
Also note that the Millweld is also not airbag compliant. Xrox is compliant but if you ask the guys playing hard they don't rate the Xbox as good as the Millweld.

Clunk
22nd November 2013, 10:49 PM
Also note that the Millweld is also not airbag compliant. Xrox is compliant but if you ask the guys playing hard they don't rate the Xbox as good as the Millweld.

Yeah I've never been a fan of xbox either, I'm more of a playstation or Wii kinda guy

Stropp
23rd November 2013, 12:21 AM
Yeah I've never been a fan of xbox either, I'm more of a playstation or Wii kinda guy

I'd go with the weird kind of guy :)

ShaunM
23rd November 2013, 08:08 AM
Hi Gary, this might be another option for you. Says you don't need to cut the grill.
http://www.uneek4x4.com.au/gu-patrol-high-mount-winch-bar/

Gary Vansleve
23rd November 2013, 10:14 PM
Yeah the Millweld could be a goer. The members rides photos when you hop on the forum has a pic of someone's ute in Vic that may have the Millweld. Hey Mudrunner I should clarify I can cut and weld but it's the fabrication that seems to be wanting. I suppose I can't excel at everything he he . I hope someone can chip in with some pics. I really don't fancy cuting the grill looks too good.

ShaunM that bar looks like it might be a bit restrictive in the airflow department.

Regards
gary

MudRunnerTD
24th November 2013, 09:52 AM
Mate if you take your time and are super neat then cutting the grill to embed a Himount into looks awesome mate! If you have to cut you grill it also means that you will have a good approach angle and can drive over bigger sh1t ;)

Search google images for Millweld GU

MudRunnerTD
24th November 2013, 09:55 AM
Google Images search - Millweld GU Bullbar (https://www.google.com.au/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=981&bih=410&q=millweld+gu+bullbar&oq=millweld+gu+bullbar&gs_l=img.3...2959.15352.0.17129.23.9.2.12.14.0.260 .1589.3j0j6.9.0....0...1ac.1.32.img..16.7.1115.nUn HlY6GHNY)

patrolla
24th November 2013, 11:11 AM
I have a factory bullbar with a Warn high mount. Only modifications required were the top plate needed to be notched out and the grill cut a bit. Legally it has to be engineered for airbag compatibility if your truck has airbags (mine has been engineered, got it done with all the other mods i had done at the time). Photobucket is playing up so cant upload any photos atm.

Gary Vansleve
24th November 2013, 10:03 PM
Hey Patrolla would be good to see what you have done. The following pics seem to be the go thanks MudRunner for the link. I must admit i got a bit distracted but ya get that pure gold.:jawdrop:

patrolla
30th November 2013, 11:00 PM
Here's a pic of mine. Forgot that the power steering cooler had to be relocated as well.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/patrolla/639cb4fe-92d7-4850-aebf-fe403b9d7fc5_zpsc9e27b38.jpg (http://s991.photobucket.com/user/patrolla/media/639cb4fe-92d7-4850-aebf-fe403b9d7fc5_zpsc9e27b38.jpg.html)

Gary Vansleve
6th January 2014, 11:24 PM
Thought I would post up a bit of an update on this thread. I have looked into modifying the bar that came with the ute. I approached a fabricator up here in Brisbane (Buds Customs) with a view to modifying the bar to accomodate the highmount. I gave him some parramaters namely not to cut the grill, not to restrict air flow and to keep the weight of the modifications to a minimal.

He said upfront that by the time he did the necessary work including the powdercoating I would be up for $900.00 and that maybe I should look into buying a bar that suits the highmount. I told him I realised the cost would be in the dollars he quoted but that I liked the look of the bar I had. He said fair enough but would not be able to do it until beginng of March. Told him that I realised he was up to his butt in work and that it would be ok by me.

So that 's how it stands at the moment will update when the mods come to fruition.

Regards
Gary
NB
hey thanks for the pic Patrolla

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2014, 01:14 AM
Hey Patrolla would be good to see what you have done. The following pics seem to be the go thanks MudRunner for the link. I must admit i got a bit distracted but ya get that pure gold.:jawdrop:

Hey Gary, thanks for giving us some feed back mate, i note the white Gu coil cab in that pic is a member here and id know that ute anywhere. Special Ute that one mate, it has Portals on the front.

Have a look at his build thread for good pics of his bar.

PortalPats Truck (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?283-My-truck.)

Gary Vansleve
7th January 2014, 09:51 PM
Hey Gary, thanks for giving us some feed back mate, i note the white Gu coil cab in that pic is a member here and id know that ute anywhere. Special Ute that one mate, it has Portals on the front.

Have a look at his build thread for good pics of his bar.

PortalPats Truck (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?283-My-truck.)

Hey MudRunner
That is one schmick truck and I quite like the look of the Bar Hmm food for thought.