PDA

View Full Version : Newbie On Site

simonnorway
21st January 2011, 08:09 AM
Hello peeps hows it all going? I am selling my Audi A4 and will be buying a decent Nissan Patrol GQ when one comes available. I live in the Northern Part of Norway and want something bigger. I grew up in the Middle East in Nissan Patrols on the sand dunes and they were ace so im looking for a 1992 to 1998 GQ. In norway the most common ones are the 2.8L TD5spd manual.

I also have a 1997 skyline with a RB25det modified which i cannot drive in norway cause of tax reasons so i migh also be considering geting a swb GQ and converting it to a RB25det so i shall be quite active on the forum once i get the audi sold :)

Nice meeting you all and hope we can all share our experiances

Simon

AB
21st January 2011, 08:30 AM
Good intro Simon and welcome to the forum.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

simonnorway
21st January 2011, 08:33 AM
cheers mate , will do, its a bit premature just yet cause i gotta sell my audi but im looking forward to hunting for my GQ

I will be getting a LWB GQ for the family car diesel 2.8l boring but ill do it up nice for a family car and then ill be after my swb GQ to stick my RB25DET that i have :) i will also make a step by step tutorial on how to do it when i get round to it.

Looking forward to it :)

Where abouts you from mate?

Simon

AB
21st January 2011, 08:38 AM
cheers mate , will do, its a bit premature just yet cause i gotta sell my audi but im looking forward to hunting for my GQ

I will be getting a LWB GQ for the family car diesel 2.8l boring but ill do it up nice for a family car and then ill be after my swb GQ to stick my RB25DET that i have :) i will also make a step by step tutorial on how to do it when i get round to it.

Looking forward to it :)

Where abouts you from mate?

Simon

Christmas Hills (Yarra Glen region), north east of Melbourne.

And you?

I'm also on the hunt for LWB GQ but with a 4.2 diesel....Very hard to find an honest one these days....:)

simonnorway
21st January 2011, 08:41 AM
im from scotland but live in norway , strichen just north of aberdeen scotland, now live in tromsų in norway have a looki eon the googlemaps its ace mountains everywhere and snow 6 months of the year :)

check ou tthis link , this is the choices i have today not much i like yet

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/result?CAR_MODEL/MAKE=792&CAR_MODEL/MODEL=1224&&alertId=4393470

simonnorway
21st January 2011, 08:43 AM
if i had to choose one today it would be this for the family car and buy some accories for it to make it look meaner , i got a bumper sticker already made up for it , im going to stick it right above the tow hitch and it reads ATTACH LAND ROVER HERE
:)

AB
21st January 2011, 08:44 AM
Yep, just have to play the waiting game and as soon as one pops up that suits your needs then go check it out straight away!

haha....good sticker! :)

YNOT
21st January 2011, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the forum Simon.

Tony

Dhuck
21st January 2011, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

starck
21st January 2011, 09:28 AM
Hey Simon
Used to visit Norway recently. I have many friends in Fredrikstad. Is that Skyline the one only RHD produced?
Welcome to the forum - be newby as well - already know that was a right choise.
regards from Poland

DX grunt
21st January 2011, 10:14 AM
Hey Simon

Welcome to the forum. Many Nissan Patrol owners in Australia have a sticker near their tow hitch which reads TOYOTA RECOVERY VEHICLE ;)

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Finly Owner
22nd January 2011, 12:23 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Simon

Tim

wildgu6
22nd January 2011, 12:33 AM
Hey Simon, Welcome aboard the Trol express,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Maxhead
23rd January 2011, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Simon

Woof
23rd January 2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome Simon, enjoy the forum mate

Bigrig
23rd January 2011, 05:51 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Good luck with getting the rig mate and you'll never look back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jado
24th January 2011, 03:25 AM
welcome to the forum

patch697
25th January 2011, 10:41 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.