PDA

View Full Version : Engine mounts

dirtygu
20th November 2013, 05:29 PM
Hey everyone just wondering wjats the easyiest way to change engine mounts I got mine out but its so hard to get the new ones in

mudski
20th November 2013, 09:41 PM
What engine mate? I changed mine, and had to jack the engine as far up as it would go. It was a real PITA of a job to do...

Clunk
20th November 2013, 10:16 PM
Did you remove both mounts? I've only done my passenger side so far due to time constraints and ended up having to remove the whole mount off the engine block as I wasn't able raise the engine high enough to just remove the bit off the chassis. So to get it all back in, I fitted the 3 pieces together first then spent what seemed like hours trying to jiggle it into place....... In fact it was hours, took me bloody 4 hours and a prick of a job it was too. Really not looking forward to the drivers side as access is even worse

mudski
20th November 2013, 10:29 PM
I have the 3ltr and its one big heavy mofo of a mount on either side. I think I also had to remove the plate from the engine to the top of the mount too.

dirtygu
20th November 2013, 10:56 PM
Yeah its a 3ltr just rebuilt the engine and have got it in the car now just need to do the mounts wasnt this hard to get them out

mudski
20th November 2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah its a 3ltr just rebuilt the engine and have got it in the car now just need to do the mounts wasnt this hard to get them out
Soo you got the mounts out? And can't get the new ones in? I had the engine jacked up and the gearbox hard up as high as it could go. Just remember to have the locators on the mounts lined up before you tighten up the bolts.

Parksy
21st November 2013, 06:55 PM
Losen the gearbox to crossmember mounting nuts and this will give you an extra couple of cm.

mudski
21st November 2013, 07:14 PM
Losen the gearbox to crossmember mounting nuts and this will give you an extra couple of cm.
That too. I remember I did do that aswell.

Clunk
21st November 2013, 08:02 PM
ooooh that little titbit would have come in bloody handy!!!!! lol

dirtygu
22nd November 2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys I managed to get tgem in last night with the help of a tie down strap pulling the engine to the opposite side I was changine gave me haps more room n had them in in undet 30mins