PDA

View Full Version : Diff lock warning light

Bensmooth10
20th November 2013, 07:56 AM
Hey guys,

Have had an issue with the diff lock light in my gu8 patrol.

Over the last few days when driving nornally on the road the diff lock light will light up intermittently on the dashboard even though i am in 2wd and locker is not engaged.

It will start as a flicker than light on and off every few seconds. Then it may stay solid for a minute than completely dissapear only to come back on 5 minutes later.

Any ideas as to what is going on or what it could be?

It is a factory electronic locker.

my third 256
20th November 2013, 08:07 AM
dirty connection may be or shorting out does it engage diff locka when turned on

happygu
20th November 2013, 11:39 AM
Hey guys,

Have had an issue with the diff lock light in my gu8 patrol.

Over the last few days when driving nornally on the road the diff lock light will light up intermittently on the dashboard even though i am in 2wd and locker is not engaged.

It will start as a flicker than light on and off every few seconds. Then it may stay solid for a minute than completely dissapear only to come back on 5 minutes later.

Any ideas as to what is going on or what it could be?

It is a factory electronic locker.

I wouldn't play with it too much except for a quick look over/under - I would get the dealer to check it as it is under warranty.

Mic

Bensmooth10
20th November 2013, 05:20 PM
dirty connection may be or shorting out does it engage diff locka when turned on

I can hear it click to engage, however the diff lock light keeps flashing as if it is not properly engaged. Needs to stay a solid light.