PDA

View Full Version : Air Con just stopped working.

Pezzer
19th November 2013, 08:56 PM
Hi all, 14 weeks and still fixing new issues that keep popping up. Air con was fine on Saturday come Sunday nothing, switch lighting up in dash but compressor not kicking in. The Air con guy came out because I thought low on gas but all good there. he shorted the compressor across the + on the battery and the solenoid on the dryer and the clutch was engaging. After he went I go in the Maverick and I could smell burning, quickly pulled the dash apart and found the wiring form the switch lead plug back to the loom on the blower switch had burnt leaving 2 bare wires,

Yendor
21st November 2013, 11:58 PM
That looks nasty.

Did the A/C guy connect battery positive directly to the A/C compressor or the wires at the receiver dryer?

sil3nt_dr3ams
22nd November 2013, 05:07 AM
Hi all, 14 weeks and still fixing new issues that keep popping up. Air con was fine on Saturday come Sunday nothing, switch lighting up in dash but compressor not kicking in. The Air con guy came out because I thought low on gas but all good there. he shorted the compressor across the + on the battery and the solenoid on the dryer and the clutch was engaging. After he went I go in the Maverick and I could smell burning, quickly pulled the dash apart and found the wiring form the switch lead plug back to the loom on the blower switch had burnt leaving 2 bare wires,

Why is the air con guy coming to you? let me guess you paid him cash to?

Winnie
22nd November 2013, 07:02 AM
That's a service a lot of fridgies offer

DAZZA88
30th November 2013, 05:26 PM
Hi Pezzer,
Exactly the same happened to mine also, it was working fine for years, then when I turned on the a/c switch it worked for a few seconds then I could smell a burning smell and it stopped.
The switch and wiring were tested behind the dash and both ok.
When I get a little cashed up off to the auto elec.
Hope yours is an easy fix