PDA

View Full Version : Rear wi screen wiper

daz172
18th November 2013, 06:04 PM
Hey, can any1 give me an idea of where the wires run from the rear wiper motor to the switch in dash in a GQ?
I bought my Gq and they weren't working then, and lately have decided I would benefit from having it but can't even find the plug in the dash that fits into factory switch, it's nowhere to be found, the wiring loom is still there from the motor, into quarter panel then I'm unsure of where it goes , it's unlikely that the whole loom has been pulled out but at least I'm looking for those wires so that I can hook up a switch or something.
If any1 would could give me an idea that would be great, thanx

NissanGQ4.2
18th November 2013, 06:45 PM
The below pics are taken from my 92 TI 4.2EFI GQ

The switch I think is the same in all models

At a guess without looking through the workshop manual, the plug wires will run into the loom and then run through the firewall 2 your windscreen washer bottle.

Hope this helps

37083 37084 37085

Cheers

Toddie

daz172
18th November 2013, 08:05 PM
Yes that helps a lot thanku, yeh the whole loom just under dash that goes to switch seems to b missing but now mayb I can trace it back through the firewall or mayb back at washer bottle, mayb the previouse owner has used it for something else

NissanGQ4.2
18th November 2013, 09:05 PM
Maybe its tucked up somewhere, can't see them removing the loom, unless it has been stripped for some reason then put back together.

daz172
18th November 2013, 09:18 PM
Yeh that's wat I have been thinkin, I can't see ne1 ever removing it, but I'm thinkin maybe they cut the plug off and used the power wires else where in which case I'll get another plug and put on ,, u wouldn't have an idea of where wires run from motor Incase I I can't find them in engine bay?? The loom is still there from back as the wires r still connected from motor , I just can't see any wires running up that side of vehicle , I've gotna sneaking suspicion that they come out rear quarter panel and go the passenger side along chazie and enter under passenger seat?? Does that sound right?

NissanGQ4.2
18th November 2013, 09:38 PM
Are you any good reading wiring diagrams? you could download the manual and suss it out. I can have a look at mine 2morrow arvo.

If I remember correctly the wires run along the right hand side floor ( under plastic kick panel @ doors ), if you take the rear trim of under the rear 1/4 window you will see wires running through a grommet into the rear door.

daz172
18th November 2013, 10:18 PM
Yeh I have manual but it doesn't neccessarily tell me where wires run just u know this wire will go to that relay etc, is there an actual wiring diagram that actually tells me what I need to know that I could download??
Yeh that's wat I thought but I've had all trim off on right side and all I have got is a tube for the water that runs under plastic and I'm pretty sure I traced the wires going into grommet back out on inside of quartar panel then it seems to join in with another loom I think with tail light and exits on inside of quarter panel, but I will double check everything again tomorrow mayb even take some pics, it's very strange, I might add it's a 96 2.8 turbo diesel Gq also although I can't see it being any diff than later 4.2 or anything but in my experience there has been unusual things sometimes in placement of things. I'm 100% sure tho there is nothing but the water tube running under the plastics on the right hand side of the vehicle tho

daz172
19th November 2013, 05:58 PM
Ok spent a lot of time on it today , traced the wires back from motor and they actually do take the route that I thought, they actually come out of quarter panel along chazie to just b4 back wheel arch then over voile spiring mounts to passenger side and enter in in car just under front passenger side seat , from there continue under plastic and right up behind glove box, and from there I don't know where, any1 have any ideas?? I have taken a few pics if any1 would like to see to get better idea what I'm talking about

NissanGQ4.2
19th November 2013, 06:03 PM
We love pics, post them up, also makes it easier if anyone else needs this info

daz172
19th November 2013, 08:30 PM
Ok well her they r first pics u will see how loom comes out on I side quarter panel , then following wires to front passenger seat and then the loom going behind glove box 3710037101371023710337104371053710637107

daz172
20th November 2013, 03:23 PM
I have found a plug that fits into factory switch , I plugged it in turned ignition on and tried it and nothing moved but didn't make a weird sound underneath dash then stopped , now it makes no sound at all and nothing happens, what does this sound like to you guys? It couldn't b possible that a plug for something else was the same fit?? Here r some pics of it in, let me know wat u think371273712837129
Does that look right to you???

NissanGQ4.2
20th November 2013, 06:23 PM
I have found a plug that fits into factory switch , I plugged it in turned ignition on and tried it and nothing moved but didn't make a weird sound underneath dash then stopped , now it makes no sound at all and nothing happens, what does this sound like to you guys? It couldn't b possible that a plug for something else was the same fit?? Here r some pics of it in, let me know wat u think
Does that look right to you???

It doesn't look right 2 me, see in your last pic there is a gap @ the bottom where the wire plug plugs into the switch. The picture on the front of the switch that you have attached the same as in my pic, or did you just steal the plug of something else???

The wiring colours also look different, but may of changed during different year models, how many wires do you have coming out of the plug????

Also did or didn't it make a weird sound under the dash????

BigRAWesty
20th November 2013, 06:28 PM
I'd grab a work light and check you have power to the pump and wiper motor.
If not then check the plug and Chase from there. If you have power at the pump but no action check earth, Off good the try a new pump.
I would think pump has seized.
But that plug looks wrong?? Did you grab the right model switch?? As in a gq and gu??

daz172
20th November 2013, 07:20 PM
Ok here's wat happened , I had the car in bits and the dash and tucked away were three diff plugs the 1 I tried was the only that fitted but turns out that was actually my hazard plug lol and the sound I heard was the fuse melting lol.
I've searches high n low for that plug n loom and it's just not there it's nowhere to be found, even near the loom for the rear demisters it's just gone, I did however find what I think is the relay for the rear wiper in the engine bay as it has the same colored wiring in it that wiper motor has and all throught the loom of the car , but it's as if the loom is just not there once it gets to the dash , I'm thinking bout mayb just running another of my own???? Would that b to big a job?? Is there a way I can find out if the relay I found is actually the relay for rear wiper?37133 this is wires coming out of motor and also same colours continue straight up to dash
37134this is relay and the wires , same colour

Yendor
21st November 2013, 05:51 PM
Follow the wires from the rear demister switch to the main harness.

You should be able to see the rear wiper switch wires branch out from the main harness at the same point the rear demister switch wiring does.

Even if someone has cut the wiring you should still be able to see it, (you might have to remove some tape).

my third 256
21st November 2013, 06:13 PM
if the plug you used was for the hazards them maybe the one for the rear wiper is connected to the hazard switch

NissanGQ4.2
21st November 2013, 06:31 PM
if the plug you used was for the hazards them maybe the one for the rear wiper is connected to the hazard switch

hahaha good point there

daz172 are you referring to the plug or the switch being for the hazards???

daz172
21st November 2013, 07:31 PM
Sorry the plug , the plug I plugged into wiper switch was actually plug for hazards

daz172
21st November 2013, 07:31 PM
I had unplugged it to remove centre front centre console

daz172
7th December 2013, 03:23 PM
37730 here is loom that is supposed to have rear wiper wires in it but there is just absolutely nothing, and have any ideas y or if there is something silly I can't see??

Yendor
7th December 2013, 05:22 PM
The tape on the harness going to the rear demister switch looks original. The tape on the harness above looks newer.

It's a bit hard to tell by the photo how does it look to you?

If it does look newer carefully cut the tape of the harness down near the T and see if the rear wiper wires have been taped up in the main harness.

daz172
7th December 2013, 06:06 PM
Yeh I cut the tape off both and nothing in them but the wires for demister and the one above is a bit of split tubing with tape ran around it , but only wires in it are wires for the taco there is absolutely no sign of the wires at all anywhere, and as we have seen abit of rain lately I'm realizing how much I actually need it as it is difficult to see out of it at during rain

NissanGQ4.2
7th December 2013, 06:27 PM
Daz, where are you located???

NissanGQ4.2
7th December 2013, 07:03 PM
Daz, where are you located???

Disregard Daz

daz172
7th December 2013, 07:35 PM
Ok mate no worries .
It's starting to get the best of me so have decided after being given a price for a harness off another vehicle is $500 that I just prob better off running new wires but at that I'm not real sure wat to do there

NissanGQ4.2
7th December 2013, 08:54 PM
Daz, does your rear demister actually work???