PDA

View Full Version : I'd pay more for petrol if.......

NP99
18th November 2013, 12:53 AM
Government did away with vehicle registration. How cool would it be to have 5 vehicles that you owned and payed for their rego via fuel surcharge. So many vehicles I wish I owned but cost of rego is prohibitive.

macca86
18th November 2013, 06:09 AM
In our house I have a zd30 patrol (700ish) a year rego my drz400 bike (420ish) rego box trailer 90 a year camper trailer 90 a year and my wife drives a ve ss sportswagon and that's 1000 a year rego adds up quick

NP99
18th November 2013, 08:24 AM
In our house I have a zd30 patrol (700ish) a year rego my drz400 bike (420ish) rego box trailer 90 a year camper trailer 90 a year and my wife drives a ve ss sportswagon and that's 1000 a year rego adds up quick

Plus add insurance to that total.....bloody wrong! That's a fair wack of our wages......

BigRAWesty
18th November 2013, 08:49 AM
That'll just give the Fuel companies more excuses to raise the cost.

I think our gruberment need to stop wasting money and take a few taxes away.
Friends of ours are building and selling houses. Helps when the family your marrying into is a wealth building company and you get houses built for cost, but they have taken close to 130 thou in government hand outs for building them.
I think it's 14-20 thou a house..
Also the baby bonus. Once upon a time you actually planned to have a family..
Think it's 2g for popping a kid out..

And that's just a start. Don't get me started on the Adelaide over upgrade.. I realise that's sa not federal, but tard with the same brush..

macca86
18th November 2013, 09:08 AM
Plus add insurance to that total.....bloody wrong! That's a fair wack of our wages......
80 a month each for full comp on the cars 30 a month on the bike and trailers aren't insured not worth it.
Sure does add up. I know we all complain about fuel prices but we do have it pretty good here I'm originally from Scotland and wife from NZ check out their fuel prices

macca
18th November 2013, 12:41 PM
You must be aware that the extra tax will be worked out over an annual 5000klm average to cover the lost revenue. Do 20000klm a year and your paying 4 times as much, be sure they will not miss you.

growler2058
18th November 2013, 02:16 PM
I would pay more for petrol if I got more petrol than $'s spent ;)

taslucas
18th November 2013, 02:31 PM
I would pay more for petrol if I got to pour it on growlers

growler2058
18th November 2013, 03:26 PM
I would pay more for petrol if I got to pour it on growlers

Good for sorting out crabs

taslucas
18th November 2013, 03:54 PM
Good for sorting out crabs

Are they from Thailand?

growler2058
18th November 2013, 05:00 PM
what happens there stays

NissanGQ4.2
18th November 2013, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't pay more, for what they make it for and add in transport and a few other things we are still getting majorly ripped off

And in regards to rego and insurance, both should have nothing to do with a certain cars/bike/truck etc, a "person" should be registered and insured so regardless of what or who's vehicle the person is driving the vehicle and driver will always be covered.

Just my thoughs

Drewboyaus
18th November 2013, 07:01 PM
And in regards to rego and insurance, both should have nothing to do with a certain cars/bike/truck etc, a "person" should be registered and insured so regardless of what or who's vehicle the person is driving the vehicle and driver will always be covered.

Just my thoughs

Indeed! I am yet so see someone who can drive more than one vehicle at once.......
Though I would probably pay to see that!

Cuppa
18th November 2013, 08:06 PM

Back in the dim & distant past, (mid '80’s) when living in the UK in my pre-car days I had what was known as a Rider Policy. Basically you insured for your largest capacity machine & were covered on any motorcycle you owned (or had permission to ride - up to the insured capacity). I had 7 bikes & the policy was the same price as a single bike policy. Based on the theory that you could only ride one at a time! Still had to register them all though, but didn't keep them all registered all of the time.

Here we keep the bus, the Patrol & my wife's car comprehensively insured & registered, & the older of the two Triumphs registered ( just to save on the hassle of getting a roadworthy if/when I ever decide to ride it again) but I think we ceased the insurance on the bikes last year as a cost cutting exercise. Then there is house & contents insurance on top of that. It sure does all add up!

NP99
20th November 2013, 01:09 AM
Most of our policies this year were hiked up :(

BigRAWesty
20th November 2013, 06:05 AM
Most of our policies this year were hiked up :(

Yea that was bs.. Mime jumped $10 a month.
We I get time to breath I will be changing..

Bensmooth10
20th November 2013, 07:02 AM
Dont think you'll ever have a choice, as long as wages increase more than fuel costs as a percentage than it is ok. However that aint going to happen. I just like it it when diesel is cheaper than unleaded.

BigRAWesty
20th November 2013, 07:39 AM
The problem is not all wages are increasing. Most engineering companies down here haven't increased in some years. Average boiler maker down here $23-$25/ hour..
I know back home it's worse.. And you can't keep increasing as you loose work, so the community drops below the poverty line..

bear3103
20th November 2013, 07:47 AM
Just be thankfully you haven't got trucks. That's a rip off on the rego and insurance side.

NP99
20th November 2013, 07:58 AM
Just be thankfully you haven't got trucks. That's a rip off on the rego and insurance side.

And so cost of goods go up to cover it. The bullshit cycle we are in..

happygu
20th November 2013, 10:36 AM
I'd pay more for Petrol if ......... NP99 paid for mine.....:smileyvault-cute-bi

Bensmooth10
20th November 2013, 07:52 PM
The problem is not all wages are increasing. Most engineering companies down here haven't increased in some years. Average boiler maker down here $23-$25/ hour..
I know back home it's worse.. And you can't keep increasing as you loose work, so the community drops below the poverty line..

Spot on. Plus even in the manufacturing industry which i have been involved in, its not much better. Wages dont increase plus when competitors bring in cheap imitations from overseas, than you are out of work anyway.

NP99
20th November 2013, 08:29 PM
I'd pay more for Petrol if ......... NP99 paid for mine.....:smileyvault-cute-bi

Sound fair :)