PDA

View Full Version : Gq bonnet scoops

Parksy
17th November 2013, 03:56 PM
Hi all

Just after the general consensus when it comes to cars without inter coolers but fitted with a bonnet scoop?
The patrol looks tough with a bonnet scoop and it would benefit under bonnet temps, but I don't have a turbo and also don't want it to seem 'wanky' for lack of a better word.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Bloodyaussie
17th November 2013, 03:59 PM
You are a wanker anyway but I agree with you and think they just look cool...... he he he!!!!!!!

AB
17th November 2013, 04:02 PM
I liked Darrens WRX scoop, looks neat, not too wanky....

Winnie
17th November 2013, 04:03 PM
If you did it you would get people saying that it is a wank... who cares what they think at least your car looks tough!

Winnie
17th November 2013, 04:04 PM
I liked Darrens WRX scoop, looks neat, not too wanky....

The only thing with them is that it is too short, as in from front of bonnet to rear of bonnet. The hole is not long enough for a good sized cooler. I reckon Darren would see improvements with a longer scoop.
But again, it looks cool!

threedogs
17th November 2013, 04:41 PM
See if you can locate a OE bonnet the same colour at the wreckers and see if they'll do a change over.
Stropps looks cool to nice and wide

Parksy
17th November 2013, 04:54 PM
Haha thanks BA, just trying to keep up with ya.
Cheers for the replies, I am a fan of the wrx scoops, might see if I can find some images of patrols on google and see what I find.

Bloodyaussie
17th November 2013, 05:00 PM
Mate I just got back from the bottle shop and the car is running so well and all I could think (so unnecessarily ) that I now need a big ass bonnet scoop!!!!!! thanks Parksy for planting that seed!!!

Parksy
17th November 2013, 05:06 PM
Anytime! A pleasure to empty your wallet.

Bloodyaussie
17th November 2013, 05:20 PM
Yeah that and now I have the need to do the sound deadening mod.... you have a lot to answer for... maybe I could exact some pain and revenge when you turn up at Brindabella!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winnie
17th November 2013, 05:20 PM
Mate I just got back from the bottle shop and the car is running so well and all I could think (so unnecessarily ) that I now need a big ass bonnet scoop!!!!!! thanks Parksy for planting that seed!!!

Don't be one of those wankers

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

Parksy
17th November 2013, 05:27 PM
Hehe but on a positive note the sound proofing is definitely worth it. Took the family up the coast this morning in the patrol and I felt I could have driven it all day. Definitely a pleasure to drive now.

BLKWDW
16th December 2013, 06:33 AM
Not sure if it's on this forum or the other forum but there is a bloke who put a 79 v8 land cruiser scoop on his patrol. Looks unreal and would provide plenty of cool air.

threedogs
16th December 2013, 07:32 AM
Put two GU on my 350 troopy, was a matter of trying to cool it.
Ended up being faulty VDO temp gauge GGGRrrrrrrr

Might help raising raising the rear of bonnet to let air out.
Just silicon some washers together

nissannewby
16th December 2013, 07:35 AM
The Colorado ones look good on gu's wonder if they would suit a Q

threedogs
16th December 2013, 08:05 AM
Why not stick with the brand and check out the wide Navara one