PDA

View Full Version : New nissan patrol. ARB

Forced Offroad
15th November 2013, 07:58 AM
I know there is a thread on here about the new patrol, but I can't find it..
This can ge added to it by the mods

Anyways I wasn't a fan of the new look.
But I am now after ARB has finished with it

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/jbiggsy/7deefa0ef5ab52072bfe10e44d41eba5_zpscd9defbd.jpg

threedogs
15th November 2013, 08:02 AM
Looks like a cross between all bullbars, bit busy for my tastes.
no doubt comes with a great price tag too.
I'm sure ARB will sell plenty

NP99
15th November 2013, 08:30 AM
Night into day with those LEDs......

Hodge
15th November 2013, 08:35 AM
Seen this one all in black. It's the arb dandenong patrol. Looked the business.

Forced Offroad
15th November 2013, 09:33 AM
With the bar being manufactured and designed in Australia, it will come with a heavy price tag. No doubt there will be a few Chinese built bars soon enough, now ARB have done all the had work for them.

megatexture
15th November 2013, 09:24 PM
I was under the impression there bars are not built in Australia any more....

And its not the front that's ugly its the rear and nothing will fix that other than a chop .

Drewboyaus
15th November 2013, 09:30 PM
I was under the impression there bars are not built in Australia any more....

And its not the front that's ugly its the rear and nothing will fix that other than a chop .

You are completely mistaken mate. All engineered and made in Kilsyth. They also have a plant in Thailand that supplies different markets.

I saw one when I was out at the ARB factory last week. Looks much better with the bar work on it. Still that rear C-pillar is the big design issue for me....and no diesel.......that is just plain ridiculous.

Clunk
15th November 2013, 10:15 PM
The bar just looks like anyone of their bars...... Boring as bat shit

Forced Offroad
15th November 2013, 10:15 PM
This is from ARB's latest mag that comes out every few months.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/jbiggsy/ec86e2c3a23e884062f82a34fb785468_zpsa9fb4a73.jpg

Forced Offroad
16th November 2013, 10:59 AM
The bar just looks like anyone of their bars...... Boring as bat shit

You haven't seen the tjm version then...

What should the modern bar look like?

Clunk
16th November 2013, 11:11 AM
You haven't seen the tjm version then...

What should the modern bar look like?

yep the TJMs etc are all boring as bat shit mate, all look the same and yes I'm aware they all serve a purpose blah blah blah.
I have no idea on what a modern bar should look like, all I know is i find them all boring and all look the same (similar)
Just my opinion and not an opinion that I'm trying to push on anyone else as we're all entitled to our opinions which is great for folk like me who are not very opinionated.

I'll be getting an Aussie mate custom tube jobbie because thats the look I like...... just my opinion

megatexture
16th November 2013, 11:24 AM
Only problem is the airbag when getting a tube bar and all the testing . If not I'd have one also

Clunk
16th November 2013, 11:29 AM
Only problem is the airbag when getting a tube bar and all the testing . If not I'd have one also

yeah luckily i dont have that issue lol.................. theres always an XROX for folk with airbags

Forced Offroad
16th November 2013, 03:20 PM
yep the TJMs etc are all boring as bat shit mate, all look the same and yes I'm aware they all serve a purpose blah blah blah.
I have no idea on what a modern bar should look like, all I know is i find them all boring and all look the same (similar)
Just my opinion and not an opinion that I'm trying to push on anyone else as we're all entitled to our opinions which is great for folk like me who are not very opinionated.

I'll be getting an Aussie mate custom tube jobbie because thats the look I like...... just my opinion

I find most tube bars similar in design. But thats my opinion, And I own tube bars on my GQ AND Px ranger.

Would like to see how the xrox bar will fit around the new patrol.

Covo71
16th November 2013, 06:15 PM
Has anyone seen uneek4x4.com.au. I think just a bit different than the norm. I like em!

Drewboyaus
16th November 2013, 07:04 PM
I find most tube bars similar in design. But thats my opinion, And I own tube bars on my GQ AND Px ranger.

Would like to see how the xrox bar will fit around the new patrol.

I agree. All the tube bars look the same to me too....at the end of the day it's a bar for frontal protection.
Personally, if I'm gonna clean up a 'roo or a moo, I'd rather I had an ARB or tjm bar. At least they're properly crash tested, proven and they look stronger and more robust than a tube bar IMO.

Clunk
16th November 2013, 07:09 PM
but but but but..................... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nevermind

Drewboyaus
16th November 2013, 07:24 PM
We could go on like this for days.....

megatexture
16th November 2013, 07:33 PM
At the end of the day its a bloody ugly car lol

Clunk
16th November 2013, 07:38 PM
ugly bar for an ugly car lol

Clunk
16th November 2013, 07:39 PM
We could go on like this for days.....

we could!!!!! lol

megatexture
16th November 2013, 07:56 PM
ugly bar for an ugly car lol

No doubt overpriced bar for a overpriced car also

Drewboyaus
16th November 2013, 08:02 PM
No doubt overpriced bar for a overpriced car also

Someone has to pay for all the R&D for the likes of Roo, Tigerz, et al.

growler2058
16th November 2013, 08:06 PM
but but but but..................... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nevermind

GO the TOOOOOOOOOOBBB man

Drewboyaus
16th November 2013, 08:22 PM
GO the TOOOOOOOOOOBBB man

Toobs are delicious!

GU_Mick
17th November 2013, 08:55 PM
I still can't see me ever buying one. It's just not what I am after. The mo diesel is a massive deal breaker. I'll be holding onto the td42ti for some time yet.

megatexture
17th November 2013, 09:37 PM
Someone has to pay for all the R&D for the likes of Roo, Tigerz, et al.

Arb, roo and tigers bars look nothing alike and would have to pay for there own testing and certification to prove they are airbag compatible.

Clunk
17th November 2013, 09:44 PM
What's an air bag????

megatexture
17th November 2013, 09:45 PM
You sit on it and it makes farting sounds

Clunk
17th November 2013, 09:54 PM
Don't need to sit on anything to make a farting sound bud lol

Drewboyaus
17th November 2013, 10:36 PM
Arb, roo and tigers bars look nothing alike and would have to pay for there own testing and certification to prove they are airbag compatible.

Oh come on man..... You have to be kidding me......
ARB for GU:

Roo Systems for GU:

Even the Roo Systems badge us in the same place.....
There is no way Roo Systems have enough money to crash GU patrols (or any other 4x4 for that matter) during the design process to ensure airbag compliance as ARB have done over the years.....

megatexture
18th November 2013, 12:03 AM
Yea I've seen them both in person and they look nothing alike ... And are you forgetting roo, tigers, emg magazine are one in the same... I think you underestimate the $$ they are involved in.

Even tigers 11 bull bars are airbag compatible.

viking
19th November 2013, 04:30 AM
You are completely mistaken mate. All engineered and made in Kilsyth. They also have a plant in Thailand that supplies different markets.

I saw one when I was out at the ARB factory last week. Looks much better with the bar work on it. Still that rear C-pillar is the big design issue for me....and no diesel.......that is just plain ridiculous.

I have to agree the rear - what tha, and no diesel, what were they thinking...