PDA

View Full Version : Front mount inter cooler or top mount

daz172
13th November 2013, 11:06 PM
Hey everyone , I'm pretty sure I haven't introduced myself on here yet , my name is dazz , I own a 1996 Gq 2.8ltr td, 4" lift bull bar, rear bar , sliders , winch and a lot more it's my pride and joy.
I have been thinking about intercooling it and was just wanting to get every1s thoughts on whether I should go front or top mount??

P4trol
14th November 2013, 08:18 AM
The short answer is front mount, if you are going to the effort of putting on a turbo. The long answer is if you are able to make it fit.

Winnie
14th November 2013, 08:22 AM
There is no short answer... It all depends on what you will be doing. I went top mount because it is easier and would not get full of mud

daz172
14th November 2013, 10:38 AM
I've heard that if u put it frint mount it blocks ur radiator. From good airflow increasing the risk of overheating the engine, is this true??

threedogs
14th November 2013, 10:43 AM
Hey mate whip over to the intros and tell us a bit about yourself ,
Something the Forum asks of us all. Courtesy and all, like a hand shake

Winnie
14th November 2013, 10:49 AM
I've heard that if u put it frint mount it blocks ur radiator. From good airflow increasing the risk of overheating the engine, is this true??

Only if your radiator is not doing its job properly. If your radiator is good you should be fine.

my third 256
14th November 2013, 10:55 AM
Hey everyone , I'm pretty sure I haven't introduced myself on here yet , my name is dazz , I own a 1996 Gq 2.8ltr td, 4" lift bull bar, rear bar , sliders , winch and a lot more it's my pride and joy.
I have been thinking about intercooling it and was just wanting to get every1s thoughts on whether I should go front or top mount??
there is the link to put intro in the right spot
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions