PDA

View Full Version : Tigerz 11

beexy
11th November 2013, 07:35 PM
hey all. I know Tigerz 11 have had bad write ups in the past. Any idea if they have picked up the game. I know they say you get what you pay for but unfortunately sometimes thats all you can afford. Was looking at the roof racks in particular.

Clunk
11th November 2013, 07:44 PM
hey all. I know Tigerz 11 have had bad write ups in the past. Any idea if they have picked up the game. I know they say you get what you pay for but unfortunately sometimes thats all you can afford. Was looking at the roof racks in particular.

after having a look at their gear at the Perth 4x4 show on the weekend I would personally not buy their larger ticket items

MudRunnerTD
11th November 2013, 08:11 PM
Their roof racks in particular have a bad wrap. They leak paint all over your paint and stain your duco! Not so good!

megatexture
11th November 2013, 08:15 PM
If I was to get one I'd more then likely get an alloy one as I wouldn't trust there paint job and if its not good enough on a steel rack its going to rust.

kind
11th November 2013, 09:14 PM
You can normally find a good pick up at wreckers or I found alot of facebook buy swap pages always have good deals on arb or tjm racks

BigRAWesty
11th November 2013, 10:54 PM
Yea if your a bit cash strapped check out the local rags for second hand.

NP99
11th November 2013, 10:55 PM
Good deals show up here every so often too.

Clunk
11th November 2013, 11:16 PM
Also gumtree and fleaybay

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 12:16 AM
Pretty much your better of buying second hand quality over brand new junk..

Stropp
12th November 2013, 12:26 AM
Yep if you want new budget try ironman or another brand just stay away from tigerz

threedogs
12th November 2013, 06:29 AM
Steer clear ,save your $$$$ for a bit longer, quality always last

04OFF
12th November 2013, 07:08 AM
Has anyone thats commented actually owned a Tigerz roof basket ?

I mean, you hear exactly the same comments in a 1000 other threads about winches, most are from people that have "never" owned one ?

If....... you are just jumping on the china gear "baggin wagon", please refrain from commenting , just like the OP, id also like to know about them, but can we hear from people with "first hand" experience in owning and using one please (not people telling us about a mates one)

No, i don't secretly work for tigerz, (lol), its just , dispite what threads like this say, everything ive actually "owned" from them so far ,i have personally found to be brilliant value for money.

:D

oncedisturbed
12th November 2013, 07:34 AM
I have the Tigerz11 air tank which appears to be an ok make but not yet installed. I didn't like the hose that came with it so bought some other replacement hose

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

mudski
12th November 2013, 07:55 AM
I have a TigerZ Alloy full length roof rack. First impressions is its cheaply made. The floor section of it looks like they stole a security door to make it. That part vibrated a lot so I had to use around 40 cable ties on it to stop the vibrations. Fitment wasn't too hard, some of the bolt holes didn't line up but being alloy it was an easy fix. As for the paint. Its staying on o.k. Its only flaked off where I had something clamped around the tube. It does me, I wont be putting anything heavy on it being alloy. It just carries my light bar, swag and thats about it. I actually sold my steel ARB rack to get this as the steel rack was way too heavy and I'll never need its strength.
So apart from the cable tie issue its o.k. But I haven't compared it to any branded alloy racks so I can't really make a comparable comment. Only just on my experiences with this one.

My2c.

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 08:01 AM
Mate of mine bought one after telling him to use caution.
The material is that light we could twist it in our hands. After a couple of trips the brackets started to tear out.

04OFF
12th November 2013, 08:55 AM
I have the Tigerz11 air tank which appears to be an ok make but not yet installed. I didn't like the hose that came with it so bought some other replacement hose

Same, mines installed, working well.

I have a TigerZ Alloy full length roof rack. First impressions is its cheaply made. The floor section of it looks like they stole a security door to make it..

Haha, i thought the same about the security door mesh, at least no-one will break in through your sunroof ! (lol)

And of course, they are cheap to buy, so can't be expensively made, but i bet there is plenty of products we buy that are cheap to make , but are expencive to buy.

I wont be putting anything heavy on it being alloy. It just carries my light bar, swag and thats about it. I actually sold my steel ARB rack to get this as the steel rack was way too heavy and I'll never need its strength.
So apart from the cable tie issue its o.k. But I haven't compared it to any branded alloy racks so I can't really make a comparable comment. Only just on my experiences with this one.

Yes, Some people only buy a roof basket to mount a awning on, so the weight and wind resistance/drag of the rack is most important, not a fully loaded around australia trip.

Mate of mine bought one after telling him to use caution.
The material is that light we could twist it in our hands. After a couple of trips the brackets started to tear out.

Do you know what he was putting on the basket westy ?

Mud Gecko
12th November 2013, 09:13 AM
I've had a T11 roof rack for a couple of months now, I haven't loaded it up for a big trip yet but I can walk on any part without flex, no worries. The build quality isn't the best but the paint seems to be okay. For the price i payed, ($350 on special) I could buy 4 of these for the price of an ARB/TJM rack.

Avo
12th November 2013, 09:17 AM
yeah I priced a ARB roof rack 2 weeks ago down here 1780 bucks..Mind you I stuck my old $200 metal one back on the 4b..and fitted my tigerz11 rooftop tent I scored for 500 bucks..still 1080 bucks infront.

Stropp
12th November 2013, 09:46 AM
i havent had a roof rack but i did buy a bull bar (their bulls must be light weight) it arrived with scratches and cuts all over it plastic wrap melted to the powdercoat and behind the main bar was rusty??? sent it back and got my money back took 3 mths after i returned it, compared to the original bar it was half the weight so a lot thinner, from that experience i would not buy any major components from tigerz, things like compressors etc i would have a crack at but anything that you need to rely on no way.

threedogs
12th November 2013, 09:49 AM
I made my own and bolted it to some Rhino racks.
I don't need full length with sides etc,
worked out cheap as chips.
just another option

megatexture
12th November 2013, 09:56 AM
The only reason I mentioned the steel rack and rust is ive got powerful 4x4 steel rack thats getting a bit of rust now 3 yrs later and i can imagine tigers being of the same quality. weight annoys me also certainly not a one man install.
My next one will be alloy

oddkid82
12th November 2013, 09:58 AM
I have had one if their winches on my old nav, didn't have a problem with it it worked great, I have got one of the awnings on my patrol now and love it.
I also use the recover gear and no problems with it.
I also have the single and double swags, they seem to be a lot better than other good brands. Can't fault them.

Don't knock it till you try it.

beexy
12th November 2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Maybe at this stage might wait until something pops up here, fleabay or gumtree. Have also just noticed on the 4wd supacentre site that roo systems bull bars going for about 890.

ozzyboy
12th November 2013, 10:39 AM
think I might go and get one on Friday. Suggestion I make is, if buying the cheaper cages, throw bolts / washers / nuts in the bin and replace with stainless first up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b77QJuNZby8

bear3103
12th November 2013, 10:55 AM
What's the tigerz11 recovery gear like

mudski
12th November 2013, 08:01 PM
A few guys have their winches, and used them and had no issues...

kind
12th November 2013, 08:25 PM
There staps and all the shackles pullies all great its rated to aus standards so there fine I have one of there full kits about $200 on line and then add a heavy duty strap and your set

Bloodyaussie
12th November 2013, 08:30 PM
I have a Tigerz 11 winch and for the price performs well... I have done many recovery's and including very steep recovery's on big lumpy GU's with no winches installed so my car had to do all the work..

The one thing is the rope does come off the reel and I would modify the clamp that holds the rope to the drum..

As for a roof rack I have a steel rack (not sure from where) and its ok but I am looking for an alloy one as it is a lot of weight on the roof.

The last couple of trips I have taken 60lts of petrol with me and with the weight of the rack it is just too much..

I hang my rack from the roof in my car port.... I would hate to have to get that off and on any other way.

04OFF
12th November 2013, 09:00 PM
IThe one thing is the rope does come off the reel and I would modify the clamp that holds the rope to the drum..

Mine has a screw in the end of the rope, but anyway the screw/clamp is not designed for any load.

You should never unwind so much rope off the drum to get even close to the end of the rope, i would never go less than about 5-10 windings around the drum, depending on what you are pulling/doing.

Forced Offroad
12th November 2013, 10:00 PM
That bloke in that tigers clip doesn't work there anymore. He Didn't last long...

Burto
16th November 2013, 03:30 PM
Poor old Tigerz, unfortunately I have had a tradesman roof rack for 3 months, to date no problems, I am confused if the rack is painted and the paint is dry how does it leak on your duco ?, yes the butt joint of the top barf is obvious if you look hard enough, but at $343.20, with a load capacity of 250kg, it will do me. Also have a tigerz bull bar and 12000lb winch for 12 months again no problem, all fitted up neat, no need to jack, bend or enlarge holes; yes have used the winch. May to August spent 3 months and 11200kms on trip to and around centre, no problems.
Sounds like the 3way frig versus Engel/Waeco.
My thoughts anyway, regards
Burto

mudski
16th November 2013, 03:57 PM
Engel any day over a Waeco....Nuff said. Lol

threedogs
16th November 2013, 04:16 PM
X 2 with Mudski Engel have the runs on the board all others only just catching up.
cant afford a National Luna lol

Guy up the road has Tigerz11 awning and roof rack, other than a few holes on the awning not lining up
all is good, thinking a hit and miss

04OFF
16th November 2013, 09:36 PM
Well, screw all you haters, or im a dumb s#!t , and i had it coming, but i just ordered a Tigerz alloy rack today !

I need some extra space for my trip to Fraser in Jan, so been looking at these....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cargo-Basket-Rack-for-2-Receiver-Hitch-CURT-18130-/230387034731?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a4232a6b#ht_1537wt_904

But then thought , they will charge me extra an the ferry for the extra length, so a roof basket will be easier, only need it for a couple of things, so see how i go.:tongue:

And with regard to fridges.....

I agree Engel may be better if you have any old ute, but if you own a Patrol Wagon, Waeco are a bloody good option IMO.

P4trol
16th November 2013, 09:42 PM
I was looking for something like this a while back, but never found it.

Apart from overloading it, watch out for obscuring numberplate/ rear lights.

And should you be worried it is sold for use on Jeeps...?

mudski
16th November 2013, 09:43 PM
with regard to fridges.....

I agree Engel may be better if you have any old ute, but if you own a Patrol Wagon, Waeco are a bloody good option IMO.
Your on drugs mate.... :)

mudski
16th November 2013, 09:45 PM
Well, screw all you haters, or im a dumb s#!t , and i had it coming, but i just ordered a Tigerz alloy rack today !

I need some extra space for my trip to Fraser in Jan, so been looking at these....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cargo-Basket-Rack-for-2-Receiver-Hitch-CURT-18130-/230387034731?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a4232a6b#ht_1537wt_904

But then thought , they will charge me extra an the ferry for the extra length, so a roof basket will be easier, only need it for a couple of things, so see how i go.:tongue:

I'll go dumd s#!t with ya. I have an Alloy Tigerz rack. No real major issues with mine....

04OFF
16th November 2013, 10:19 PM
Your on drugs mate.... :)

Have you seen my thread on fridges ?

Im not saying Waeco is better as i dont think it is, and Its not a decision i took lightley, and at first i really wanted a Engel, but when looking at my actual usage in the real world, the reality is, there are just "way" too many advantages to putting a Waeco in my Patrol wagon than a Engel !

04OFF
16th November 2013, 10:22 PM
I was looking for something like this a while back, but never found it.

Apart from overloading it, watch out for obscuring numberplate/ rear lights.

And should you be worried it is sold for use on Jeeps...?

Yeh , the jeep thing should be enough to turn me away, im never going to understand ! (haha) :tease:

AB
16th November 2013, 10:26 PM
Not the old waeco engel thread again...lol

I love my waeco, if I had an engel I'd love it too both great!

As long as the beer is blizzardly cold!

But value for money between them..waeco, no argument there.

04OFF
16th November 2013, 10:32 PM
Yeh, this is a Tigerz thread so lets keep it on topic if we can, and ive got a fridge thread going already if you wanna talk about whats the go in fridges.

But yeh, who cares what the badge says, as long as the beer comes out cold, its the best fridge ever made ! :thumbup::drunk:

trekster
17th November 2013, 06:59 AM
with a load capacity of 250kg, it will do me.

Good luck putting 250kg on the roof unless you want to turn your truck into a convertible!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
17th November 2013, 07:18 AM
X 2 ,,,250kg seems a bit high, my rack is supported by two Rhino roof racks if I use three it will support 100kg safely.
I'm sure it would carry 250kg but no way breathing would I load it up to that weight.
First bump you hit with that much weight would see some serious damage to your roof area

Drewboyaus
17th November 2013, 07:49 AM
I think the maximum load for the roof of a Patrol is 150 kegs and that includes the rack.
Wouldn't want to turn a corner with 250kgs up top. If you hadn't already damaged the roof, you'd be laying over before you knew what had happened.

04OFF
17th November 2013, 09:19 AM
I think the maximum load for the roof of a Patrol is 150 kegs and that includes the rack.

Yes, people forget they need to add the weight of the rack to the total luggage/carry load.

This is where the tigerz alloy rack shines, as it only weighs 35kg, you are then left with 100+ kg for a load.

They had a half size display alloy rack at our local display centre, it had no legs/gutter mounts bolted on it, i layed it down on the concrete floor and i stood in it (65kg), walking all around, attemting to find a nasty flex point (there wasn't one)

The powder coat also got a nasty rubbing on the concrete and so was scratched quite bad, it had not gone through to the alloy, nor had flaked off in chunks.

After seeing and feeling the demo one, id definitely not buy one for your trip around Australia, nor if you will be loading it to "capacity" every single weekend.

But, for the odd trip here and there im confident the rack will work out well (guess ill find out) ,and for lazy people like me who wish to leave the basket on the car 24/7, "only" adding a extra 35kg to the car is a bonus !

Realistically, ill mostly just shove a gazebo, or a tent (or both) up on my rack , and only when the inside/back of the car is full, so i doubt i will ever be asking it to carry a 100kg, and i foresee ill only use the rack on the odd trip anyway.

NP99
17th November 2013, 10:12 PM
Their products are getting cheaper, the market must be tight at the moment.

Forced Offroad
18th November 2013, 12:22 PM

Or there getting made cheaper.

Snapcatcher
18th November 2013, 12:27 PM
Ridiculously cheap. Last week on the 4wdsupa site I saw Tigerz GU steel bullbar for $299.

04OFF
18th November 2013, 12:33 PM

Look on ebay, heaps of people selling very similar products :)

Drewboyaus
18th November 2013, 12:35 PM
Ridiculously cheap. Last week on the 4wdsupa site I saw Tigerz GU steel bullbar for $299.

They are "scratch and dent" seconds apparently. Seroiusly, if you can clear them for that price, how well are they made. I wouldnt touch one with a 40ft pole...........

Snapcatcher
18th November 2013, 12:39 PM
You're generous, I was thinking 50 foot pole

mudski
18th November 2013, 12:47 PM

Whats it made from? Old dunny rolls? Thats real cheap for a bar.

Snapcatcher
18th November 2013, 12:58 PM
Whats it made from? Old dunny rolls? Thats real cheap for a bar.

Was thinking the same thing. Must be very thin steel. I saw that Ad just after I put a $500 deposit on an ARB bar, and couldn't believe my eyes.

Drewboyaus
18th November 2013, 01:20 PM
Was thinking the same thing. Must be very thin steel. I saw that Ad just after I put a $500 deposit on an ARB bar, and couldn't believe my eyes.

Not worth putting crap frontal protection on your ride. If you do collect a 'roo at speed how are you gonna feel about saving money on your bar when said 'roo is sitting in the front seat next to you?

Snapcatcher
18th November 2013, 01:26 PM
I hear ya. I know ARB are expensive, but when it comes to bullbars they are top of the field IMO

04OFF
18th November 2013, 01:38 PM
Not worth putting crap frontal protection on your ride. If you do collect a 'roo at speed how are you gonna feel about saving money on your bar when said 'roo is sitting in the front seat next to you?

Probly still as strong as a Nissan Alloy Bull Bar, mine bent like butter :)

NP99
18th November 2013, 02:08 PM
They are "scratch and dent" seconds apparently. Seroiusly, if you can clear them for that price, how well are they made. I wouldnt touch one with a 40ft pole...........

So a good one, you would touch with a 40ft pole? Can I see the pics when you do? :)

Drewboyaus
18th November 2013, 04:01 PM
Probly still as strong as a Nissan Alloy Bull Bar, mine bent like butter :)

I've never understood the appeal of alloy bars anyway. Might as well stick with the factory bumper......
And I reckon it's damning with faint praise when it's a good thing that a steel bar is "probably" as good as one of the factory alloy ones.....
LOL

04OFF
18th November 2013, 05:02 PM
I've never understood the appeal of alloy bars anyway. Might as well stick with the factory bumper......
And I reckon it's damning with faint praise when it's a good thing that a steel bar is "probably" as good as one of the factory alloy ones.....
LOL

Ive never seen a tigerz bull bar (well that i know of anyway) let alone seen one after a impact, so don't confuse my comment as any sort of praise for them, i do try to reserve my judgement for products ive owned and tested "myself".

As we all know, heaps of people buy the alloy bars from nissan (costing big $$), and like yourself, i could not understand the huge appeal in alloy bars, mostly because of the big price tag, but keep in mind, some people dont need roo protection, and may just wish to mount spotlights or rod holders etc.

So a cheap china steel bar may be just perfect for some, lightweight, can mount all their stuff, and less than half the price of a nissan alloy one ?

Drewboyaus
18th November 2013, 05:15 PM
Ive never seen a tigerz bull bar (well that i know of anyway) let alone seen one after a impact, so don't confuse my comment as any sort of praise for them, i do try to reserve my judgement for products ive owned and tested "myself".

As we all know, heaps of people buy the alloy bars from nissan (costing big $$), and like yourself, i could not understand the huge appeal in alloy bars, mostly because of the big price tag, but keep in mind, some people dont need roo protection, and may just wish to mount spotlights or rod holders etc.

So a cheap china steel bar may be just perfect for some, lightweight, can mount all their stuff, and less than half the price of a nissan alloy one ?

Yeah, ok. Now I understand what you mean. Horses for courses I guess but not for me.
If I'm putting a bar on, it's for both animal strikes and mounting stuff but each to their own I guess.....

04OFF
19th November 2013, 04:23 AM
Yeah, ok. Now I understand what you mean. Horses for courses I guess but not for me.
If I'm putting a bar on, it's for both animal strikes and mounting stuff but each to their own I guess.....

Yeh, exactly, don't get me wrong, im not saying all china stuff is good, and i agree , most times , you do get what you pay for, im just saying, keep a open mind to the fact that we all use our cars for different things, and so inexpencive products still have a place, even if they may be inferior.

Examples..........

Most people who own fourby, majority of their driving is around town, so no bull bar is even needed, (yet most people still have them) , some do tour over great distances, and to remote places on their own (single car), so i can see how roo protection is very important.

I do heaps of off road trips in my GU , but normally, its all within 3 hours of home, i bought a xrox front bar , these bars offer little roo protection compared to a conventional bull bar, and they dont accommodate fishing rod holders, but for my wants and needs, and the actual off roading im doing, its better for me than any ARB type bar, regardless of price, (plus i can't fish for s#!t anyway ,lol) :p

beexy
19th November 2013, 05:31 PM
(plus i can't fish for s#!t anyway ,lol)

X2

gaddy
19th November 2013, 07:39 PM
(plus i can't fish for s#!t anyway ,lol) :p[/QUOTE]

I'll put a spare rod on for you at straddie
:beer:

04OFF
19th November 2013, 09:45 PM
I'll put a spare rod on for you at straddie
:beer:

How about I drink beer while I watch you fish ? , much less frustrating for both of us Steve (lol) :fish:

Boof.
20th November 2013, 06:42 AM
Don't knock it until you try it. I have a TIGERZ roof top tent rack, I haven't put a tent on it yet but it's been loaded up for the odd camping trip no problems the powder coating hasn't peeled nothing is broken off. I also have their full recovery kit and will let you know how it performs when I actually get it dirty. Apart from ARB who else make their gear locally. They banned TIGERZ and Roo System from the Sydney 4x4 show was that because they're selling the same gear cheaper than anyone else?

Drewboyaus
20th November 2013, 06:58 AM
Mate, I'll think you'll find that it was the Melbourne show and they weren't banned. They didn't book far enough in advance to secure the locations they wanted (just like many caravan parks at Christmas or Easter). No conspiracy. Just a beat up to help them sell chit.
Pretty piss-poor in my opinion.

Bensmooth10
20th November 2013, 07:10 AM
At the end of the day you get what you pay.
Personally i wouldnt go cheap on items that are essential or that you rely on regularly.
For example, you will be cursing if your cheap winch doesnt work and get you out of trouble.

04OFF
20th November 2013, 01:48 PM
Mate, I'll think you'll find that it was the Melbourne show and they weren't banned. They didn't book far enough in advance to secure the locations they wanted (just like many caravan parks at Christmas or Easter). No conspiracy. Just a beat up to help them sell chit.
Pretty piss-poor in my opinion.

Yes, thats how i remember it as well, very poor form from all involved, i think it pretty much blew up in their face tho, as i believe they are permanently banned from the show now ?, and rightly so with that sort of behaviour.

I can still remember the video of Ole roofy going around, saying how "un Australian" it all was (lol) :1087:

Feeding everyone BS is obviously OK though ! :1092: (haha)

lhurley
20th November 2013, 03:01 PM
Im kind of over the attitude towards tigerz and other cheap brands, yes they sell cheap stuff, yea im sure some of it is junk, but because you pay top dollar doesnt mean you have the best. Yea i know arb crap on about how they have so many years of research and development, but other people can sell good stuff too.

Stop being an ARB snob and deal with the fact that other people cant afford to buy absurdly priced gear. Or cant justify spending that much money on 1 thing.

I for 1 cant afford an arb bull bar, hell yes i would like 1, but i cant, so what can i do without tigerz and the like??? deal with my factory alloy bar?? have no bar? risk making my own??

Drewboyaus
20th November 2013, 05:57 PM
Stop being an ARB snob and deal with the fact that other people cant afford to buy absurdly priced gear.

Dunno who is being an ARB snob. I couldn't give a tinkers cuss what you chose to buy.
For some things I deem important I save and buy secondhand ARB, TJM, Kaymar etc. For everything else it's the best I think I can afford at the time. I own some Tigerz gear myself.

MEGOMONSTER
20th November 2013, 07:28 PM
I own some Tigerz gear myself.

Shame shame shame. Lol

04OFF
20th November 2013, 08:32 PM
Im kind of over the attitude towards tigerz and other cheap brands, yes they sell cheap stuff, yea im sure some of it is junk, but because you pay top dollar doesnt mean you have the best. Yea i know arb crap on about how they have so many years of research and development, but other people can sell good stuff too.

Stop being an ARB snob and deal with the fact that other people cant afford to buy absurdly priced gear. Or cant justify spending that much money on 1 thing. I for 1 cant afford an arb bull bar, hell yes i would like 1, but i cant, so what can i do without tigerz and the like??? deal with my factory alloy bar?? have no bar? risk making my own??

Dunno who is being an ARB snob. .

Im pretty sure that was a "general" comment, not actually directed at you personally or anything Drew, well thats the way i read it anyway. and to confirm, below is not directed at you , but is in responce to lhurley's comment above. :smile:

I have no problem people bagging cheap stuff (or any stuff), if the baggers have used it themself, and found they don't like it, let everyone know, as long as its "first hand information", not just because so'n'so said it was crap !

What i don't like, is when people bag stuff they have never owned or used, or are comparing $300 products to $2,000 products, and complain the cheap product is not as good as the expensive one.............really ??? (lol) :1087:

So yeh as lhurley said, what we are talking about here is value for money, or bang for buck, not whats outright best ,or whats going to last the longest, just a cheap alternative so we can have something we can afford that may do the job just fine, instead of nothing !

Sometimes it can be false economy to buy cheap stuff, but sometimes you come out way in front :D

lhurley
20th November 2013, 08:48 PM
Im pretty sure that was a "general" comment, not actually directed at you personally or anything Drew, well thats the way i read it anyway. and to confirm, below is not directed at you , but is in responce to lhurley's comment above. :smile:

I have no problem people bagging cheap stuff (or any stuff), if the baggers have used it themself, and found they don't like it, let everyone know, as long as its "first hand information", not just because so'n'so said it was crap !

What i don't like, is when people bag stuff they have never owned or used, or are comparing $300 products to $2,000 products, and complain the cheap product is not as good as the expensive one.............really ??? (lol) :1087:

So yeh as lhurley said, what we are talking about here is value for money, or bang for buck, not whats outright best ,or whats going to last the longest, just a cheap alternative so we can have something we can afford that may do the job just fine, instead of nothing !

Sometimes it can be false economy to buy cheap stuff, but sometimes you come out way in front :D

Nailed it steve, just with better words.

Clunk
20th November 2013, 08:48 PM
I still won't buy it...... I can't afford the cheap stuff either lol.....

AB
20th November 2013, 09:04 PM
I still won't buy it...... I can't afford the cheap stuff either lol.....

I hear you mate, that's why I just make my own accessories these days....lol

Here's my bull bar...
http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/best-bullbar.jpg

My roof rack
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/11/81.jpg

Even did my own steering conversion....
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/11/82.jpg

Hodge
20th November 2013, 09:04 PM
What we are talking about here is value for money, or bang for buck, not whats outright best ,or whats going to last the longest, just a cheap alternative so we can have something we can afford that may do the job just fine, instead of nothing !

Probably the best words spoken in this whole thread. It's just bang for buck stuff, definitely not quality.

Punderhead
20th November 2013, 09:26 PM

Here's my bull bar...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

My roof rack

Liar - you bought the cheap stuff!

As for tigerz, stuff like their tents, awnings, e.t.c. I would be inclined to buy over a dearer brand, as it is not something that will cause expensive damage or fall of your car if it goes wrong.

With regards to their bar work, I would be checking all the welds, quite possibly reinforcing the mountings, and giving it another coat of paint before fitting to my car.

Cheers

Clunk
20th November 2013, 09:30 PM

Here's my bull bar...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

My roof rack

Wow that's looks a bit pricey to me, how much did it set you back?

Drewboyaus
20th November 2013, 09:37 PM
Shame shame shame. Lol

Hahahahahah
Yes. I have some recovery gear which works fine. It's getting a bit long in the tooth now so has been retired as spares.
I also have on of their sealed solenoids (Albright knock-off) that I installed when I reco'd my winch. Works a treat and is shedloads better than the original solenoid that came with the winch.
But for most of my bar work etc. I hunted second hand stuff and saved a bucketload. For the price I picked up my winch bar, steps, scrub bars and winch, I would have only just got an ARB winch bar new.

DAV30
22nd November 2013, 09:56 AM
Bought a tigerz bar the other day fitted it nicely but only just realized that you cant adjust the height and its higher on one side

pics speak for them selves it looks ugly got in contact with tigerz in Newcastle sent them pictures but no reply
the old alloy bar fit perfectly on both sides
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/sav32blt4pwr/20131114_154857_resized.jpg (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/sav32blt4pwr/media/20131114_154857_resized.jpg.html)
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/sav32blt4pwr/20131114_154849.jpg (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/sav32blt4pwr/media/20131114_154849.jpg.html)

Drewboyaus
22nd November 2013, 11:56 AM
Wow! That's pretty average.
Regardless of its lopsidedness, it still isn't a great fit.....even on the "good side".
They should definitely be doing something about that.

BigRAWesty
22nd November 2013, 12:06 PM
Bought a tigerz bar the other day fitted it nicely but only just realized that you cant adjust the height and its higher on one side

pics speak for them selves it looks ugly got in contact with tigerz in Newcastle sent them pictures but no reply
the old alloy bar fit perfectly on both sides
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/sav32blt4pwr/20131114_154857_resized.jpg (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/sav32blt4pwr/media/20131114_154857_resized.jpg.html)
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/sav32blt4pwr/20131114_154849.jpg (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/sav32blt4pwr/media/20131114_154849.jpg.html)

If you fitted that yourself I think you'll be stuffed. To them their gear fits, Its the installer..

DAV30
22nd November 2013, 05:58 PM
Yea fitted my self but it's not rocket science. I'll have to give them another call because every time I look at it I notice it first

04OFF
22nd November 2013, 06:21 PM
If you fitted that yourself I think you'll be stuffed. To them their gear fits, Its the installer..

The car having had a frontal impact, wont help your cause much either.

Drewboyaus
22nd November 2013, 06:59 PM
The car having had a frontal impact, wont help your cause much either.

Well spotted. And a good call.

DAV30
25th November 2013, 10:42 AM
you reckon its had a smash?
everything looks pretty good under the bar all the rails are the same height and length

lhurley
25th November 2013, 05:42 PM
everything looks pretty good under the bar all the rails are the same height and length

Judging by the way the strips under the headlight stick out, i would say it has some form of frontal impact.

04OFF
25th November 2013, 07:14 PM

Not so much a smash, but the car looks like it has sustained a "love" tap at the front, just the plastics under the lights, the RH headlight/indicator lamp is pushed back and up, the RH guard looks a little bent in this area also.

Your head lights body/s will most likley be slightly cracked, or your radiator support panel where the lights mount may be pushed/bent a little.

None of this means a huge impact, but id say the previous bar has copped a nudge and moved back into the front of the car a little.

Im not saying the Tigerz bar is OK and its the car, but looking at how your nissan alloy bar sat under the flare before hand, perhaps something may be not quite 100% right with the car side of things ?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/sav32blt4pwr/20131101_180516.jpg

04OFF
29th November 2013, 01:29 PM
My Tigerz basket is now fitted, very happy with it actually.......

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/roofrack1Medium.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/roofrack2Medium.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/roofrack3Medium.jpg

As i do a lot of beach work, I replaced all the bolts/washers with stainless, i also dumped the spring washers, and went for nylock nuts, i worked out i could run 5 mm shorter bolts up top, then i would not have any thread hanging down, as this bit could perhaps catch your arm on when washing the roof, and was not needed anyway.

Time will tell if this was a mistake, or ive saved some money, at the moment "im" the only thing thats been on it, (walking around up there), but appears to be more than strong enough for my needs, and overall great value, its so light its fantastic. :D

Clunk
29th November 2013, 02:32 PM
Looks good on the plastic fantastic (white) GU bud..... Did you go steel or alloy?

04OFF
29th November 2013, 02:52 PM
Looks good on the shite GU bud..... Dud you go steel or alloy?

Thanks, yeh, way too much rust in GQ gutters to attach a basket, so had to settle for a "U" (bwahahhah !)

I got Alloy, as weight was a big factor for me.

threedogs
29th November 2013, 02:55 PM
I was lead to believe that alloy bars were the norm in QLD, for fleet and hire.

Clunk
29th November 2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks, yeh, way too much rust in GQ gutters to attach a basket, so had to settle for a "U" (bwahahhah !)

I got Alloy, as weight was a big factor for me.

Jeez I didn't even notice the typo..... Obviously that should have said white GU and not shite GU...... Hahahaha

I've fixed it now

04OFF
29th November 2013, 04:30 PM
Jeez I didn't even notice the typo..... Obviously that should have said white GU and not shite GU...... Hahahaha

I've fixed it now

Hahaha!, that makes it even funnier then !

Errrr..............Yeh, mine was a "typo" too..

:D

hahaha !

ozzyboy
29th November 2013, 07:22 PM
bought 1 of these the other day.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350875260385?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

my guess is, it will be identical to tigerz11 cage, but I got tired of going into supa4wd and they not having stock.
Will know what quality like in couple days and will report

ozz

Mont
29th November 2013, 08:21 PM
Mate thats not a bad looking Rack

04OFF
29th November 2013, 08:44 PM

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350875260385?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

my guess is, it will be identical to tigerz11 cage, but I got tired of going into supa4wd and they not having stock.

ozz

looks like pretty much the exact same thing mate, except the tigerz has holes to mount lights at the front , not that a drill is hard to use (lol)

gaddy
3rd December 2013, 05:33 PM
You could always go for one of these bars , at the motel I'm in at chinchilla , very popular in western QLD 5 post 3 inch ally tube37601

jack
6th December 2013, 11:02 PM

ozz

Hi Ozz,

Has this arrived yet, just wondering about the quality?

Beni C
13th December 2013, 01:25 PM
I bought a full length steel rack off ebay from a mob in Vic called MJ 4x4, they had it on special $350 delivered to WA, bloody bargin!! Looks identical to the Tigerz11 rack, can fault it, all the welds look good and the powdercoating looks pretty thick, have chipped in a few places already.

threedogs
13th December 2013, 01:41 PM
@ BeniC and others it may pay to block up any holes you see with silastic or similar before you get the rack wet.
That's where the rust will flow out of and all over your paint work. Just a heads up other than that I reckon you have a bargain

beexy
6th January 2014, 06:31 PM
well after my original post and the replies i ended up with a roo systems bar and winch. have had both installed and have taken it out on the tracks a few weeks ago. the winch got some unexpected use and had no problems. Not that i can compare to any other winch, but considering i was by myself with no one with in coo-ee, was very happy.

gramgramfirey
6th January 2014, 09:03 PM
I have a side and rear awning, very good quality. Only problem was there was no way to attach rear awning without fabricating own brackets.

Dales300exc
7th January 2014, 12:25 PM
At risk of weighing into an argument that I shouldn't be. Some products out of arb, tjm and other accessory companies, in my research, are still made overseas. ARBs bar work seems to be mostly here or thailand. I think the difference is most likely the quality control is of higher standards from more brand name (re: more expensive) companies when they get their product made overseas.

I have a tigerz winch. Which hasn't faulted. I just purchased a tigerz compressor, which is identical to about half a dozen other compressors that are all branded differently.

Ive bought a $400 steel rack off ebay that is brilliant and a third of the cost of arb, which im sure is a great product. I also just bought a $210 awning off ebay, that appears identical to tigerz, roo systems. Most likely another rebranded product.

While I do agree bar work is important, and arbs is about as sexy as it comes, I also enjoy finding a good deal, and will never say I wont buy it due to it being a cheaper product.

Happy tigerz customer, that also owns more expensive gear.

BigRAWesty
7th January 2014, 01:08 PM
Arb do spend a lot on R&D. This I would think would count for some of the above costs.

In my eye's Its the finer things which you pay the money for.
Like perfect bar fitment every time.
Items finished to a higher standard so you don't get rusty water running down your car.
Or that awning being 20gsm heavier material to ensure it won't tear.

Sure Arb and other big names have issues, but you don't hear about them like the cheaper brands.

lhurley
7th January 2014, 03:10 PM
Sure Arb and other big names have issues, but you don't hear about them like the cheaper brands.

But why dont we?? Everyone is so quick to flame an up and comer or a cheaper product if the customer isnt happy, im almost certain there are unhappy arb customers, why dont we hear about that?

Forced Offroad
7th January 2014, 04:15 PM
But why dont we?? Everyone is so quick to flame an up and comer or a cheaper product if the customer isnt happy, im almost certain there are unhappy arb customers, why dont we hear about that?

unlike the tigerz,roo and now 4wd sups centre. ARB customers service and product delivery is far better.

Most complaints are "you have had my money for months now where is my Product" they call and get no answer. Or get delivered the Wrong thing.... It took 3 months to received my poor quality awning after many time ringing..
Clueless company after your $$$$$$

Drewboyaus
7th January 2014, 05:21 PM

Fair enough question but it's because their customer service makes the problem (typically) go away. They right any wrongs generally without question, no arguments, no opportunity for others to hear about it. I don't think anyone can run a business and have zero complaints but it's how you deal with them that matters.
I know a number of folks who work at ARB and they work very hard at always improving their service levels.
That's not to say they don't have problems.
Have a look at how active ARB are on social media addressing customer issues........do you see Tigerz actively engaging with complaints in that way or do they run a mile?
I don't necessarily think all the Tigerz products are rubbish but the way their customer service deals with fallout would have you believe otherwise......

BigRAWesty
7th January 2014, 05:29 PM

Not quite what I ment.
I ment the problems are far less, so there are less complaints..

Yes I'm sure there are unhappy customers. I was 1.. My winch bar had rust coming threw on the joins, ie number plate mount to pipe join, and they replaced it..
So in the end I was happy.

megatexture
7th January 2014, 05:39 PM
Arb do spend a lot on R&D. This I would think would count for some of the above costs.

In my eye's Its the finer things which you pay the money for.
Like perfect bar fitment every time.
Items finished to a higher standard so you don't get rusty water running down your car.
Or that awning being 20gsm heavier material to ensure it won't tear.

My mate is getting arb to respray his bull bar as its rusting between joints/ welds

Forced Offroad
8th January 2014, 08:34 AM
My mate is getting arb to respray his bull bar as its rusting between joints/ welds

Thats the difference , ARB are fixing there problem, unlike the Tigerz who stuff the Consumer around. ARB care about there brand where Tigerz (EMG) only care about money by selling poor Products.

Gecko17
9th January 2014, 01:14 PM
For my 2 cents.... I have had two Tigerz11 12000lb winches. One on a 98 GU 4.5l wagon and one on my current 06 GU wagon. both preformed numerous recoveries flawlessly. The 1st winch was sold with the wagon and the 2nd was purchased with the new wagon. I still haven't reached the cost of a Warn winch yet.

I just recovered a mate of the beach with it and afterward, he appoligised as he had accidently left the handbrake on, so it pulled a fully laden 80 series Toyota up a sand dune with no assistance.

threedogs
9th January 2014, 01:20 PM
After reading all this it seems if you look after your gear and I mean look after it,
it should last an eon. Abuse anything and it will fail no if's and or buts.I cant talk for Tigerz
but they obviously never had a plan"B" in place for warranty work

Gecko17
9th January 2014, 01:24 PM
After reading all this it seems if you look after your gear and I mean look after it,
it should last an eon. Abuse anything and it will fail no if's and or buts.I cant talk for Tigerz
but they obviously never had a plan"B" in place for warranty work

hey 3D,

Is Tigerz11 still a fledgling company or have they been around for donkeys? I haven't been here that long...

threedogs
9th January 2014, 01:39 PM
I think they have something to do with rothy and 4wd action/monthly, I know heaps withdrew advertising
after the Mag showed everyone a DIY. That plus sign for a subscription to the mag and receive a 12,000lb
winch whats that about. They just flooded the market, would have worked to if not for plan "B" like I said.
They were burning the candle at both ends, Now look at their name you couldn't really place it next to companies like ARB, TJM
Kaymar. wont put Black widow in as they haven't come up with one product that is their own.

oncedisturbed
9th January 2014, 02:26 PM
EMG who own 4wd Action and all the relevant mags have financial stakes in Tigerz11, Roo Systems and the 4wd Supacentre

lhurley
9th January 2014, 02:37 PM
I think they have something to do with rothy and 4wd action/monthly, I know heaps withdrew advertising
after the Mag showed everyone a DIY. That plus sign for a subscription to the mag and receive a 12,000lb
winch whats that about. They just flooded the market, would have worked to if not for plan "B" like I said.
They were burning the candle at both ends, Now look at their name you couldn't really place it next to companies like ARB, TJM
Kaymar. wont put Black widow in as they haven't come up with one product that is their own.

I dont think the idea was to be in the same league as the big names. I think they just wanted to under cut the big boys at what ever cost and fill the middle ground market share creating their own league.

Drewboyaus
9th January 2014, 06:21 PM
I dont think the idea was to be in the same league as the big names. I think they just wanted to under cut the big boys at what ever cost and fill the middle ground market share creating their own league.

Pretty much. Just dont expect customer service because you pay for that.

lhurley
9th January 2014, 06:24 PM
Pretty much. Just dont expect customer service because you pay for that.

As much as that's the case, it's not right. It's bad business. Meh not my issue. They don't have any of my money.

MEGOMONSTER
9th January 2014, 06:31 PM
A quote my father in law told me.

" a poor man, always buy things twice.
And always ends up spending more than the rich man. "

He told me this as I was reading this thread and it be appropriate for here.

oddkid82
9th January 2014, 08:45 PM
I have found the customer service great at tigerz11. I use their awning and have put it through the paces. Been under it in all kinds of weather. It still does the same job as the top brands and I can't see any difference to others.
Don't knock it till you try it.

04OFF
27th March 2014, 04:54 PM
Ok , so bit of feed back.....

Very happy with my Tigerz roof basket so far, used it lots , including a week on Fraser had it loaded with a fair bit of stuff.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/roofrack2Medium-1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/roofrack3Medium-1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/roofrack1Medium-1.jpg

Now, the real reason i came back to this thread, so i was going through my owners manual and came across this.......

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/RoofRack.jpg

As you can see, below 100kg roof limit "includes" the weight of the rack itself, so this is where the tigerz rack shines, at only 35kg for the rack itself, im still left with 64kg of cargo load i can carry :thumbup:

Dales300exc
30th March 2014, 08:04 PM
My twice used grande decided it didnt want to work in revers today doing a pull. Piece of crap.

Hodge
30th March 2014, 08:13 PM
My twice used grande decided it didnt want to work in revers today doing a pull. Piece of crap.

Same thing happened to my mate on his hilux . They blamed it on the way he used the clutch selector, and the fact it wasnt installed by an authorized dealer.
Long story short, something inside the motor assembly welded it's self together and he got it replaced. The replacement one he got, worked but spools ultra slow both ways and made horrendous noises under load. He wasnt impressed. So 3rd time lucky, hes used it a fair bit and no dramas yet.

Dales300exc
30th March 2014, 08:18 PM
I have such short patience. Cant find the reciept. So guess ill just bin it and buy something else. We will see.

Hodge
30th March 2014, 08:20 PM
I have such short patience. Cant find the reciept. So guess ill just bin it and buy something else. We will see.

Don't give up buddy if it's within warranty period i'm sure they can trace the sale through serial number or something. They are generally pretty good with warranties, from what ive read and heard so, im sure it wouldnt be much hassle getting it fixed or replaced. At the end of the day its still your money, you handed over for something that failed.

Dales300exc
1st April 2014, 12:17 PM
They were insanely good about it. Sent out another solonoid to try.

Bloodyaussie
1st April 2014, 05:45 PM
The early winches were bloody good but all the ones from the last couple of years seem to be crap.... I do have one fitted to my car and as soon as I have some decent money saved it will be replaced.

Dales300exc
18th May 2014, 03:14 PM
Well. Going back to the start of last month when I said they sent a solonoid out. They never did. So today after being fed up with a winch that doesnt work properly sitting in my car I thought id rip it out and see what the go was.

The so called "free spool" has been insanely hard since new, to a point where it may as well not have it, so figured id fix that too.

Pulled it all apart, was actually half impressed with the 3 planetarys in the gearbox looking pretty well made. Pull out the last one and the main drive gear, to find a completely failed main drive bearing. All the balls were in the grease surrounding it.

For a 2 pull old winch (not hard pulls by any means) it is pretty much stuffed. I can try and source a bearing but short of that. Its a bin job.

The free spool doesn't work because of the shear bulk amount of grease surrounding it, once the grease was cleaned out it has freed up a bit.

Now I guess I can send tigerz a grumpy email that I probably wont get a response to and if they do it will be, "well you pulled it apart voiding warranty."

Oh well. But I suggest to steer clear.

This was a top of the line grande 12000. Would hate to see the el cheapos.

Id upload photos but that doesnt seem to be working atm.

Dales300exc
18th May 2014, 03:44 PM
Working now

Dave_H
18th May 2014, 11:05 PM
I was going to say i would still be complaining as you never know they might come to the party but now you have pulled it apart i don't think you stand any chance.

That is pretty bad if that has only been used twice. when i get around to getting a winch i think i'll be staying away from them.

Dales300exc
18th May 2014, 11:07 PM
They would also have to appreciate its a serviceable item. Need to be greased.

BearGUST
27th August 2014, 05:22 PM
Does anyone have a broken tigerz (or any other brand) awning lying around? I'm trying to work out some sort of universal mounting bracket. If anyone in Melbourne has one I'm willing to exchange for some amber fluids.

KEEP AUSTRALIA BEAUTIFUL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bloodyaussie
27th August 2014, 06:07 PM
Why whats broken?

BearGUST
30th August 2014, 07:28 AM
Nothing, just working on an idea. Would be easier to start with a second awning to mock a few things up.

KEEP AUSTRALIA BEAUTIFUL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk