PDA

View Full Version : Sub Tank filler broken

paddywagon
11th November 2013, 04:49 PM
G'day
Just after buying this truck I went to fill the sub tank and heard a rush of fluid from beneath the car. After inspection I found that the filler hose had a cable tie on it which had slowly over time worn through and split it right off (sorry for the spill caltex!). Now that it is fixed I am a bit worried about filling it up and using it as it may have god knows what in there. Mechanic suggested using an additive in the first tank or two which I forget the name of. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Pat

MudRunnerTD
11th November 2013, 05:47 PM
Replace your fuel filter and then check it again after a couple of fills. Fuel filters are reasonably cheap.

Even maybe fit an inline clear one for a couple of dollars just before the primer pump and Nissan filter under the hood and keep an eye on it for a few weeks. If all is clear then you good to go.

Adding a fuel conditioner from the servo will help kill any bacteria that might have formed too.

Don't stress to much though.

Evo
11th November 2013, 05:54 PM
^ +1

Evo

my third 256
11th November 2013, 06:29 PM
or drop the tank and flush out if you are realy worried

MudRunnerTD
11th November 2013, 06:35 PM
or drop the tank and flush out if you are realy worried

Yeah it not really a big job. Especially if it's empty.

paddywagon
15th November 2013, 01:21 PM
No worries thanks for the advice. We are heading to Fraser islan for teo weeks at the end of next week so wasnt to confident about putting diesel in it the having the injectors choke up half way there! I will change filter, fill up and add additive.

Thanks again,

Pat