PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 thermostat

Boof.
9th November 2013, 04:11 PM
Chasing a overheating problem decided to start with cooling system flush new thermostat (from Repco first mistake) after looking at it for an hour and three beers out came the thermostat Repco one is nothing like it. So throw the old one in the wife's pot and boil it up to see if it opens ( mistake 2). Do I now put the old one back in or leave the patrol half hanging out of the shed until next weekend when I can get a genuine thermostat.

happygu
9th November 2013, 04:15 PM
Boof,

I haven't heard of too many overheating problems with the ZD30, and the ones I have heard of were due to blocked radiators - internally or externally.

Does your thermostat open and close like it should from mistake number 2 ......

If it does I would put it back together - if it doesn't there is your answer.

Mic

Boof.
9th November 2013, 04:24 PM
Yeah it opens at about 84 and fully open by about 92 degrees but for the price of a new one now it's out?

Boof.
9th November 2013, 04:26 PM
Radiator was pretty blocked externally but as I had a thermostat I thought why not if only it was the right one

threedogs
9th November 2013, 04:30 PM
With your radiator you may find from over the years that dust and mud have filled the bottom section.
if you have time remove it and give it a decent clean

Boof.
9th November 2013, 06:34 PM
I have had the radiator out and it was chockes with grass seeds bugs and dirt I spent a couple of hours with the hose and the air gun getting as much out as I could I run a flush in the morning and then new coolant and see how it goes
Cheers,
Boof.