PDA

View Full Version : Amms brisbane

B rad
9th November 2013, 03:59 PM
I recently stated in a post that I used amms is Brisbane, owned by Glen Hadden the man behind the roo systems
I have mixed feelings on the new upgrade I recently paid for. does not seem to have consistency with performance is heaps of noise and screeching they have been over it and reassured me there are no leaks and nothing wrong I have called again and they seam to be genuine honest guys but at the same time Im feeling like a pest bothering them.
upgrade cost me 4k and am looking at another 5k to complete the job one member on here stated don't go there with no further input.
wondering if any one else has delt with them and can share the experience good or bad.
I travelled around 100k to get there passing 100s of other mechanics as I was told they were the guys for the job now im unsure.
I have met a guy close to home who seems to know every thing there is know about this vehicle and motor (pitty it wasn't before I went to Brisbane )
he has drove my vehicle and says something is not right he has a gu 4.2 ute built as a race car comfortably sitting on 6000 rpm all day long has offered to go over the upgrade and see what they have done curious and interested and will only charge if can correct the problem that amms tell me is not there. not sure what to do as its under warranty with amms but they seem to be brushing me aside.
I do not mean at all to bag them as im yet to see if anything is wrong I also don't want to void there warranty letting someone else work on it im just after reassurance please any info on this company and what you would do in my position would be much appreciated Cheers any my friend who stated don't go there please let me know of your dealing with these guys

threedogs
9th November 2013, 04:57 PM
Whats your Patrol doing/not doing ??

B rad
9th November 2013, 05:40 PM
Whats your Patrol doing/not doing ??

boosting sluggish sometimes and screeching really loud between 12-20 psi

B rad
9th November 2013, 05:43 PM
also have the egt guage installed and does not seam to move does it matter how close to the turbo it reads to be accurate as ive been told it should be no further than 6 inches

threedogs
9th November 2013, 05:51 PM
Egt position seems about right, so you have dawes and needle valve fitted along with catch can.
Also take it you have boost and EGT gauge fitted, what motor please.
Check archives for anything written by Chaz Yellowfoot, plenty of drawings on how to set up your Dawes ETC.
Check all your hoses for leaks,
is your intercooler oily

B rad
9th November 2013, 05:55 PM
yes both gauges but egt doesn't move its actually installed more like 10 -12 inches from turbo still learning all about this mate its a 4.2 is the catch can to stop the oil sucking back into the turbo

B rad
9th November 2013, 05:59 PM
Egt position seems about right, so you have dawes and needle valve fitted along with catch can.
Also take it you have boost and EGT gauge fitted, what motor please.
Check archives for anything written by Chaz Yellowfoot, plenty of drawings on how to set up your Dawes ETC.
Check all your hoses for leaks,
is your intercooler oily

no intercooler is not oily

threedogs
9th November 2013, 06:04 PM
seems abit far away,,,,,, you need nissanewby for your
4.2 woes He's right up on anything about them.
You could try sending him a PM
Even mudrunner may help as well

I thought you had a ZD30

nissannewby
9th November 2013, 08:03 PM
He did pm me and I'm sure I replied. If you want a second opinion mate I could have a look at the work done and parts supplied. If you haven't received the pm let me know and I'll send it again.

B rad
9th November 2013, 08:08 PM
He did pm me and I'm sure I replied. If you want a second opinion mate I could have a look at the work done and parts supplied. If you haven't received the pm let me know and I'll send it again.

no don't think I did ill take a look cheers

B rad
9th November 2013, 08:15 PM
no don't think I did ill take a look cheers

yeah I did get it cheers thanks for the advise nissannewby

NP99
9th November 2013, 10:15 PM
If Mat finds something wrong go back under warranty. If Mat gives the thumbs up.....you know it's good.