PDA

View Full Version : Egr block time

GU_Mick
9th November 2013, 10:56 AM
Hi. I'm going to block the egr and remove the butterfly at the inter cooler. Can someone show me the place to block please? Thanks in advance.

B rad
9th November 2013, 04:05 PM
what is the purpose of doing this ?

threedogs
9th November 2013, 04:20 PM
Most block at the top of the EGR pipe just under the engine cover on LHS
looking over bullbar, you only need to remove bolts and slip blocking plate in position.
What motor is this happening to

GU_Mick
9th November 2013, 10:23 PM
Most block at the top of the EGR pipe just under the engine cover on LHS
looking over bulbar, you only need to remove bolts and slip blocking plate in position.
What motor is this happening to

Sorry. Forget that bit. TD42TI.

mudski
10th November 2013, 12:31 AM
Sorry. Forget that bit. TD42TI.
Here ya bud.

GU_Mick
10th November 2013, 07:06 AM
Here ya bud.

Thanks mate

viking
18th November 2013, 10:54 PM
I have a TD42Ti as well and have been told that you should block the EGR off. What is the advantage in this and are there any trade offs or disadvantages? its for pollution control, right?

mudski
18th November 2013, 11:17 PM
I have a TD42Ti as well and have been told that you should block the EGR off. What is the advantage in this and are there any trade offs or disadvantages? its for pollution control, right?
What the EGR does is allow some spent exhaust gas back into the intake manifold and then into the engine. You ever seen the inside of your exhaust pipe? Kind of black, slightly oily and sooted up. Well this is what happens to you intake manifold and over time it clogs up your intake manifold. Think of it like, cholesterol. The inside size of the the air intake gradually gets smaller. Not only this but your engine is not sucking in clean air. So your engine won't go as good as it should. Not too mention the detrimental affect this has on the life of your engine.
This mod is illegal though. The reasoning for the EGR is just for environmental purposes. No advantage at all for your engine.
Here is two pictures of what happens to your intake when you DONT block the EGR.
If you do it I would advise on remove the entire intake manifold and giving it a good clean out.

viking
18th November 2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks for that, I am hearing you. I will attend to that straight away. Of course I would never do anything illegal or bad for the environment 'wink'

TimE
19th November 2013, 09:22 AM
Check this post (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?40-Blocking-the-EGR-Valve&p=184527#post184527) go to post 169 for a photographic step by step for the 4.2, I used a blanking plate from the Ferret.

GU_Mick
19th November 2013, 09:27 AM
Check this post (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?40-Blocking-the-EGR-Valve&p=184527#post184527) go to post 169 for a photographic step by step for the 4.2, I used a blanking plate from the Ferret.

Is there something similar for the removal of the intake manifold?

mudski
19th November 2013, 09:32 AM
Is there something similar for the removal of the intake manifold?

Just pull everything apart mick until the manifold comes off. Lol. I don't think there would be much to it. Just time consuming. I need to do my engine but need the time more than anything.