PDA

View Full Version : Sagging Front End?

paddywagon
8th November 2013, 06:31 PM
G'day Guys,
Just wondering if anyone with a 3" lift in their GU could give me a measurement from centre of hub to bottom of flare front and back..? I always look at my truck thinking it does not quite look right as my GQ looked a lot prouder in its stance. I have decided that the front springs must have sagged with the weight of a steel bar/winch/TD42 over time. I know its a pain but it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Pat

happygu
8th November 2013, 06:46 PM
Pat,

What measurements do you have now?

Mic

paddywagon
8th November 2013, 06:53 PM
I havent been down to check mate the car is out on the street. Should they be roughly the same distance front and back?

happygu
8th November 2013, 06:56 PM
I havent been down to check mate the car is out on the street. Should they be roughly the same distance front and back?

I can't help you, as I have the latest model flares and they are different, but from memory, the old flare profiles made the rear higher than the front, so you would get a larger number.

Mic

paddywagon
8th November 2013, 07:02 PM
No worries mate, thanks for the intel. I am expecting figures near the 40-50mm mark from the appearance on level ground. While I have you - would coil spacers be a sensible option or just new coils? Not sure of the pros/cons of the spacers but I would assume they are a bandaid of sorts.

happygu
8th November 2013, 07:52 PM
Pat,

If the springs have sagged that badly, I would replace the springs rather than putting in coil spacers

Having said that, I put coil spacers in mine to try and level it up a little, and to stop the spring noise when compressing.

Either way, you have to remove the springs to put the spacers in so I would grab new springs so you know where you stand. I have seen a coil snap, so it does happen.

I run OME 3" competition coil fronts in mine, and it doesn't seem to have sagged much ..... now you have got me all worried - I better go and check :wink:

Mic