PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use those awning style tents

threedogs
7th November 2013, 03:56 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271311781240?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3971wt_1018

Has anyone any feedback on these awning style tents, good or bad

MudRunnerTD
7th November 2013, 05:48 PM
John that is for the wall list only mate. It connects to your awning. If you do t have one you need to buy one and they want you to buy their brand to suit.

The awnings are great mate. Rate them highly. I would like a mozzie wall set for mine. It to this day have not needed it. Will probably grab a wall set for the Simpson trip though for somewhere to eat if there are allot of flys. I did not have trouble with flies last time though but just a thought

Cuppa
7th November 2013, 07:06 PM
We have similar zip on walls with windows which came with our Shippshape rooftop tent but I doubt we will ever use them Nice in theory, but even though they ‘simply’ zip on, doing so is a PIA. There are two narrow walls which allow us to create a small room by folding the awning down as the outer wall, (pic 1) or a much bigger room if we zip on the larger walls/windows. (pic 3). We carry the two smaller walls but instead of the bigger ones we carry much lighter, less bulky tarps which we jury rig if more protection/privacy is needed. Not great in windy conditions, but we also have the OzTent for those conditions (although haven’t needed to use it yet).

Cuppa

Drewboyaus
7th November 2013, 07:32 PM
Nice Rangie there Cuppa!
LMAO

Avo
7th November 2013, 07:38 PM
I have one but have not used it yet,i have a budget ridge rider awning and it should go on that ok as it has the runners on the front for uit to slide into,my mate has one and loves it...Ask OD as I have his,he did say he used it once so he'll be able to tell ya...

Cuppa
7th November 2013, 07:48 PM
Nice Rangie there Cuppa!
LMAO

:redface: Yeah ok, so I pinched the pics off the Shippshape website. On our Patrol the pod sits higher than the Range Rover roof making attaching walls a bit harder.

oncedisturbed
7th November 2013, 07:50 PM
TD, that is the same as the 1 I advertised awhile back that WA489 has now, they are a pretty good bit of as they pack up the same size as a 4 man dome tent and a lot cheaper than most awning tents and they have an expandable gusset at the bottom, fairly quick to setup as no poles and uses the existing sail track as well and clips together. Plenty of ventilation and can also access the car from inside the tent as well.

Wasn't right for us as we wanted the use of the awning as well so will be looking at an oztent or tag along tent instead

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

Avo
7th November 2013, 11:31 PM
me mate loves his,fits onto his home made awning good.....

threedogs
12th November 2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks all for your imput , with summer around the corner
I'm thinking of buying some shade sails [cheap] and letting
my mate sew them to the correct shape. Only really need two
walls ,the west for sure and the one opposite the car, I went to Aldi
today and saw this led it says 300lms so should throw enough light to prevent any accidents.
We take a huge 20' x 18' tarp and this will be ok for high up on the centre pole.
Reason is I'm going to sell my camper, sick of taking stuff for every one

@ wa 469 looks good I'll end up getting the 4 wall job