PDA

View Full Version : Scenic Rim 4WD Park - Anyone been there?

statok
6th November 2013, 03:13 PM
hey peeps.

Im thinking of heading here for xmas holidays has anyone been here?

http://www.scenicrimadventurepark.com.au/

If so thoughts?

Cheers

threedogs
6th November 2013, 03:42 PM
Depending on your level of experience that sounds like a great spot,
plus you can pitch in ripping out weed for free entry. If that's your thing
Maybe join a club and do a 4x4 course before you go,

taslucas
6th November 2013, 05:49 PM
There was a thread on this a while ago that may have some good info. I didnt read it much at the time and it may be a bit dated but might be worth a look. Have a search for it mate, it might be of some help

Dhuck
6th November 2013, 07:51 PM
Give them a call before going there. They have been in a battle with council regarding the wheeling side. There site says that they are open for business but you may not be able to any driving. If wheeling is possible let us all know as there are many on here that would go out at some stage for a weekend.

megatexture
6th November 2013, 10:14 PM
Last I read it was only an issue for single day 4x4 trips but if your camping its ok .. But I'd ring them also as dhuck suggest.

nissannewby
7th November 2013, 01:07 AM
I went there once and the owners left me a little disappointed I haven't been back and don't plan on it in the near future.

megatexture
7th November 2013, 01:10 AM
What happened?

nissannewby
7th November 2013, 01:12 AM
They were rude. Me and a mate needed some assistance from them, while doing so we never heard the end of it then got charged a $50 winch cleaning fee.

megatexture
7th November 2013, 01:15 AM
Lmao winch cleaning fee, they must cook on it also

meh
7th November 2013, 08:05 AM
Scenic rim are only able to go out on a camping pass.

There is one closer to beaudesert called city view. These guys are nice and friendly. They dont do recoveries anymore as their tractor has gone cactus. They give you a map, there are easy/medium and only lockers and winch tracks which are all labelled.
http://www.cityview4wd.com/

lhurley
7th November 2013, 09:15 AM
Scenic rim are only able to go out on a camping pass.

There is one closer to beaudesert called city view. These guys are nice and friendly. They dont do recoveries anymore as their tractor has gone cactus. They give you a map, there are easy/medium and only lockers and winch tracks which are all labelled.
http://www.cityview4wd.com/

City view and scenic are owned by the same people. They are on either side of 1 hill. I went a little while ago, it's nothing special. To pay $35 to get into the park, and be kind of bored it not something I'm into

nissannewby
7th November 2013, 10:14 AM
City view and scenic are owned by the same people. They are on either side of 1 hill. I went a little while ago, it's nothing special. To pay $35 to get into the park, and be kind of bored it not something I'm into

They aren't anymore. Scenic rim has moved to an independent location now.

statok
7th November 2013, 10:35 AM
My question is. Is it all hard stuff? Im only still sort of learning. I just thought about going there for the weekend with some mates and wheel around the bush. Or do i have to be a expert?

lhurley
7th November 2013, 10:56 AM
My question is. Is it all hard stuff? Im only still sort of learning. I just thought about going there for the weekend with some mates and wheel around the bush. Or do i have to be a expert?

It's not difficult. Put it in low 4 and you'll get through nearly everything with ease. They give you a map that has the tracks and the difficulty.

meh
7th November 2013, 10:59 AM

New scenic rim is south of beaudesert

Statock there are some easy tracks you will be able to get through

statok
7th November 2013, 11:04 AM
Much appreciated mate

statok
7th November 2013, 11:06 AM
Thanx mate. I just dont want to drive from taree to west of brisbane and its crap

statok
7th November 2013, 11:07 AM
I have emailed city view. The only prob is kids will be coming with us and to entertain then why we are wheeling around the bush. So we need something to entertain them aswell

gaddy
7th November 2013, 01:24 PM
Mate put em in the car get them used to it just don't do anything dangerous with them . Take bikes , games etc and yep its more crap to carry but happy kids happy wife . My kids are 7 & 3 and love camping and the 4wd . We give them our phones to take photos .no games Get them involved .the dvd player is only used to get to and from the destination , anb for the tied and cranky periods .

statok
7th November 2013, 02:12 PM
Gaddy. Thanx for that info mate. I totally agree with what u said. Im happy to take extra stuff.

Boof.
7th November 2013, 09:19 PM
If it was me I go a little further south and head to Levuka it's a top spot, friendly owners and track that will test most skill levels

statok
7th November 2013, 10:19 PM
We like scenic rim cause there's stuff there to do for kids.

Drewboyaus
7th November 2013, 10:28 PM
How old are your kids mate?
I would have thought there'd be a bunch if good tracks an campsites within an hour or 2 of Taree.....