PDA

View Full Version : Havent been on for a while.

ova50
5th November 2013, 04:17 PM
Dramas galore!
Both the wife and I have had some family problems. Both of my inlaws became sick so we were stuck looking after them. Then my mother went on a trip and had a fall and broke her hip. I packed up and went north for 6 months to look after my mum while my wife stayed to look after her parents.
All seems to be coming together now, and we are finally planning to get away soon on indefinate trip of the country.

I also had the smoke problem with the vehicle sorted out, apparently a faulty connection on the MAF sensor.
Now I must contact AB to pay my dues.
:cheers:

growler2058
5th November 2013, 04:49 PM
Good to see ya back mate

AB
5th November 2013, 04:53 PM
Dramas indeed mate but glad it's coming together and good to see you back on here mate!

Cuppa
5th November 2013, 05:00 PM
Good to see ya back mate

Ditto.
I know how ‘other stuff’ can get in the way of forum participation, but don’t forget that when things go awry there will be folks here who will understand what it’s like.
How soon are you hoping to ‘head off’?
Are you going to take internet with you so you can stay in touch, or even blog the trip?

Cuppa

threedogs
5th November 2013, 05:22 PM
thought you went quiet, glad its almost all sorted.
when you do take off disconnect your phone,
relax and enjoy

Bloodyaussie
5th November 2013, 06:19 PM
Good to see you are still about mate...!!!

matfew
5th November 2013, 06:22 PM
Wow man glad to hear things are lining up for you now. Thats a hell of a few months. Hope you and the wife can enjoy some time together without drama soon.

mudnut
5th November 2013, 06:31 PM
Glad to hear your mother and your In- laws are healing and healthy. I hope you enjoy your trip. Are you heading through this beautiful part of the country?

ova50
5th November 2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks Guys.
It has been frustrating and hard work.
Thanks Growler, AB, BloodyAussie.

Cuppa: Hoping to be on the move within 3 weeks (fingers crossed). Will be taking the internet and hopefully will be setting up a travel blog, most likely with "offexploring.com".
Already have a photo site with past trips etc

Threedogs: We have already got into the habit of leaving our mobiles off, only check them once or twice a week and have had message bank service removed from them.

Matfew & Mudnut: Both our mums are 80 and the father-in-law 90 and all very set in their ways. Currently the plan is to head south, and make our way to Tassie. Not in hurry to get anywhere (except out of Sydney).

I have been back a week and decided to try my hand at some 12volt wiring work on our caravan. Have got that finished.
Today I was out buying the gear I need for a dual battery setup for the Patrol. Plan to have that done over the next few days or so.
Thanks again guys :cheers: