PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

statok
4th November 2013, 09:23 AM
I have discovered the 4x4 action magazine and dvds.

My wife doesnt like me watching them as i think im getting bitten big time from the mod bug.

My wish list has just grown by about $3500

Hodge
4th November 2013, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the world of 4x4 addiction.

statok
4th November 2013, 09:29 AM
Mate,
There is sooo much stuff i want. But then thinking is it worth is on a 98 gu

Winnie
4th November 2013, 09:34 AM
Mate,

Of course it is

statok
4th November 2013, 09:37 AM
Thats what i was thinking...

Drewboyaus
4th November 2013, 10:47 AM
Mate, this lifestyle is more addictive (and expensive) than crack.

MudRunnerTD
4th November 2013, 11:08 AM
I have discovered the 4x4 action magazine and dvds.

My wife doesnt like me watching them as i think im getting bitten big time from the mod bug.

My wish list has just grown by about $3500

Have fun mate, just be aware the 4wdAction own Tigerz and Roo Systems and are heavy marketing tools for those brands. Unfortunately they are doing the industry no favours as they are promoting Junk Products for Profit over Valuable Product Comparisons that you may benefit from. Eyes Wide Open Friend and enjoy the Hobby.

NP99
4th November 2013, 12:21 PM
Mate, this lifestyle is more addictive (and expensive) than crack.

What type?:)

Hodge
4th November 2013, 12:22 PM
Well said mudrunner. 4wd action used to be good but in recent ages their consolidation with tigerz and roo systems has them only seeing $$$ in their eyes by mass selling low quality cheap gear ignoring a lot of quality.

Edited:
I deleted the bit where I mentioned that they do not comply with the aus standards as I can't find the article or thread about it any more to back it up. Probably deleted from the 4wd action forums. It stated that some of their bull bar welds or joints were not up to scratch and got refused by some engineering standards.

NP99
4th November 2013, 12:27 PM
Well said mudrunner. 4wd action used to be good but in recent ages their consolidation with tigerz and roo systems has them only seeing $$$ in their eyes by mass selling very low quality cheapo gear ignoring alot of quality control and Australian standards.

What AUS standards have they been ignoring? There are penalties in some cases for breaching standards.

threedogs
4th November 2013, 12:29 PM
If its Cheap Its cheap for a reason, Post up any ideas you get first ,it may save you a whole lot of hurt $$$$$$$

P4trol
4th November 2013, 12:56 PM
Dunno about Australian standards, but there are people on here and other places that have had bad experiences (including me) with feline11. Forums that allow posts complaining about their products receive letters from lawyers. This works because it is very time consuming to respond to legal threats. Easier on the ticker to just delete them.

statok
4th November 2013, 01:36 PM
I have noticed they are flogging tigerz11 and roo systems.

Well im right with what 2 inch lift kit im getting. Then it will be 33' tyers. Then winch. The rock sliders.

Hodge
4th November 2013, 01:46 PM
What AUS standards have they been ignoring? There are penalties in some cases for breaching standards.

I updated my post to reflect the fact I couldn't find the thread about their bars not being compliant due to bad welds and such. Not there any more.

Hodge
4th November 2013, 01:57 PM
I have noticed they are flogging tigerz11 and roo systems.

They are advertising it heavily. I've been a subscriber since the very early issues and have stacks of their mags and DVD's. And for the past year or so, it's been very very heavily advertised since their merge of the companies.
Some of that gear is really good value. Things like camping gear, awnings, lights, chairs, swags etc... They're so cheap, if it fails later, just buy another. I know a guy with a roo systems roof top tent, where hes used it quiet a lot and apart from fading a lot ( not UV rated?), over all the thing is still in one piece and very much still functional.

my third 256
4th November 2013, 04:49 PM
cancelled mine too many adverts and wanting to sell their own products

threedogs
4th November 2013, 05:42 PM
Do all your mods then your lift as you may have wrong coil
for later on with Winch and all other stuff you want to fit

macca
4th November 2013, 05:52 PM
Statok,
Take your time,
Decide what you want to do as far as tracks / terrain
Make a wish list and work out a budget.
Talk to as many people as you can
And look at what they have done if possible
are they rock hoppers, fisherman or tourers?
Most people promote what they have, who admits to buying the wrong or inferior product.
Take your time,
Prioritise what to do 1st and what to leave for later.
There are lots of products that look flash or make a statement and the industry promotes a lot of that stuff as a must have.
I wish I had better advice as a lot of money was wasted on rubbish or un-necessary crud. We all have a few bits in the shed that fit that category.
Save the penny's and spend wisely, don't reckon you will regret it.
TD is bang on, mod it, weigh it, and spring it to suit your vehicle & needs.

threedogs
4th November 2013, 05:55 PM
X2 with Macca maybe start a build thread for your Patrol.
And there are no silly/stupid questions here, any question will get answered
But please ask first

Really need to fit all mods first before your 2" lift,
then they can take into account weight of your bulbar,
dual batteries, winch, this all adds up to be quite a bit of weight
and needs to be factored in when designing your suspension needs

Drewboyaus
4th November 2013, 05:58 PM
I wish I had better advice as a lot of money was wasted on rubbish or un-necessary crud. We all have a few bits in the shed that fit that category

Macca, that sounds like the beginnings of a very amusing thread....."4WD crap I wish I'd never spent my money on"

macca
4th November 2013, 06:55 PM
Macca, that sounds like the beginnings of a very amusing thread....."4WD crap I wish if never spent my money on"
Tents, bedding, camp chairs, roof racks, lights, camp cookers mate there is a few things that are pushed to the back of the shed. I have given most of it away just know I was a bit hasty buying some stuff. Bought and later sold schmick alloys because I trashed them in the bush, got black steels now!

growler2058
4th November 2013, 07:06 PM
Mate,

Have fun mate, just be aware the 4wdAction own Tigerz and Roo Systems and are heavy marketing tools for those brands. Unfortunately they are doing the industry no favours as they are promoting Junk Products for Profit over Valuable Product Comparisons that you may benefit from. Eyes Wide Open Friend and enjoy the Hobby.

I bought by 1990 GQ for $3k spent over $5k on tyres, wheels and suspension + everything else it probably owes me 11k high lift jacks, compressors, swags, replaced damaged parts :) (conservative)

And x1000 wat mudrunner said