PDA

View Full Version : Plug & play air tank option

threedogs
3rd November 2013, 11:11 AM
Hi a few here are fitting tanks and compressors some only on a plug and play basis.
Mounting compressor is not an option for some and space is limiting with drawer systems. Other than taking a scuba tank of compressed ait, these tanks air available from On Board Air.
Cost wise not too bad at $75 , this 5 gal tank combined with a compressor that clips on your battery terminals may be all you need.

Maynot be for all but just something to think about

megatexture
3rd November 2013, 11:16 AM
What's wrong with just using a compressor by the time you set up the tank and compressor any time saved in pumping is lost setting it up lol

taslucas
3rd November 2013, 12:12 PM
What's wrong with just using a compressor by the time you set up the tank and compressor any time saved in pumping is lost setting it up lol

I suppose one benefit could be to fill the tank before you go (maybe even at a servo on the way) and then you'd only need the compressor once that ran out?

threedogs
3rd November 2013, 12:51 PM
what Lucas said, its only an option for members to think about.
Me I'll have tank on chassis and pump in engine bay if it fits ,
maybe even fit tank to cargo barrier, heaps of options available,
this is only one, plus good if you need to blow air filters clean etc

janderson
3rd November 2013, 04:42 PM
around home to recharge air tanks on my water pumps I have an old 9kelo gas bottle that I fill with air in the shed. Put a hose on it and away I go. Easy to carry around.