PDA

View Full Version : 1992 GY Patrol Clutch Issue

Auste72
3rd November 2013, 10:15 AM
Hi all,

im having some issues with my 1992 GY Patrol 4.2l Petrol

im losing clutch fluid from somewhere but a brief inspection is not turning up anything obviously wrong with it

theres no fluid on the ground under the vehicle either, even after it sitting for many weeks

does anyone have the workshop manual for the GY? i have one for the GQ here, but it doesnt seem to have any info about the assisted clutch setup, i dont have a booster on the firewall

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

Auste72
5th November 2013, 10:09 AM
bump, still at a loss here

4 by 4
5th November 2013, 12:59 PM
Gy? If its a 92 then its a GQ. It may be the safari version and that is why you cant find it in the gq book, maybe, just guessing here as I know next to nothing about the safari version :)

WintonLad
5th November 2013, 01:04 PM
Hey mate, if it's not the flexy hose going down to the slave cylinder from the firewall, it's most likely leaking into the booster, shortly it'll eat the booster diaphragm away and you'll start to get clutch fluid drip into the drivers footwell

WintonLad
5th November 2013, 01:09 PM
Sorry mate I just re read it and realised you have the un-assisted clutch, I'd be checking up under the dash in the drivers footwell for fluid dripping down under the carpet or vinyl

Auste72
5th November 2013, 01:58 PM
yeh ive got to get right into the underside and the flooring to check

im not sure what the go is as far as assisted or not...doesnt have a booster on the firewall, but its a pig to use the clutch when the motors off, but butter with the motor on..

confused

Col.T
6th November 2013, 06:05 PM
G'day Austie,
probobly a dumb thing to say, but if you're losing clutch fluid it's got to be going somewhere regardless of the system installed.
Suggest all you can do is follow the line from pedal/piston right down to the slave at the bottom and if need be, pull any parts along the way apart.
Got to be leaking somewhere!
I think,,,Good luck
Col

Auste72
8th November 2013, 10:05 AM
all sorted, i must be blind as a bat, couldnt see the booster for looking, turns out the master was bleeding into the booster, so now im going to need to rebuild the booster and get a new master

cheers for the help boys!

WintonLad
8th November 2013, 09:02 PM
Good to hear, glad to help