PDA

View Full Version : For all you Motorbike riders out there :(

NissanGQ4.2
2nd November 2013, 04:15 PM
What a fu!ken joke this is

http://motorbikewriter.com/2013/10/31/meeting-with-police-minister-on-anti-bikie-laws/

threedogs
2nd November 2013, 04:18 PM
What a crock of shite, must ring "GOD sqad " for there opinion what a joke.
And I used to ride in the Vigilantes for 8 years

Clunk
2nd November 2013, 04:32 PM
What a brilliant brilliant idea ;).......... They should also bring something like that in for people who want to walk in more than groups of 2....... I'm bloody fed up of people on pavements and in shopping malls who just brazenly get in other people's way, they should be forced to walk in single file........... same goes for cyclists and bikers. I'm sure people would be up in arms if 2 cars decided to travel side by side

threedogs
2nd November 2013, 04:45 PM
That's the end of forum convoys lol

Sir can I go riding with BA and NP99 today please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,really
Yes you can TD fill out this form please, wear these coloured arm bands so you wont get hassled again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,really

NissanGQ4.2
2nd November 2013, 04:46 PM
What a brilliant brilliant idea ;).......... They should also bring something like that in for people who want to walk in more than groups of 2....... I'm bloody fed up of people on pavements and in shopping malls who just brazenly get in other people's way, they should be forced to walk in single file........... same goes for cyclists and bikers. I'm sure people would be up in arms if 2 cars decided to travel side by side

Next they will ban four wheel drivers travelling together 2 there destination *L*

my third 256
2nd November 2013, 04:50 PM
zffk hale can I be the fura

and change the name Queensland to Rhineland the 2nd
oh I forgot that has already been taken by JBP

Clunk
2nd November 2013, 04:53 PM
Next they will ban four wheel drivers travelling together 2 there destination *L*

And you know that would be the right thing to do ;)

Steve4wdin
2nd November 2013, 05:15 PM
Is Australia a democracy or communist? We are certainly heading in the direction of communism. There is a small groups of people amongst any association even church groups that are villains. Stop policing the innocent and punish the crims.

Mud Gecko
2nd November 2013, 05:38 PM
^^^ Give it time, you gotta boil the frog slowly....

Cuppa
2nd November 2013, 06:18 PM
This action has little to do with changing anything other than perceptions. The pollies know fine well that their anti bikie policies won't work, but as long as they can say they tried that's all that matters. Many of the cops must be having a ball, something to focus their aggression & frustrations on. Back in the Bathurst biker/cop battle days, cops used to save up their annual leave to attend the yearly punch up (& got paid triple time). They were out for a blue, no doubt it helped relieve the frustrations of their daily grind. They are now willing pawns in another cynical political game.
All that any move to this stupid hotline 'initiative' will achieve is to piss off many innocent people, who will jack up at being treated so unreasonably. This 'jacking up' will be interpreted by the cops as evidence of why such measures are needed in the first place. It will become a self serving vicious circle of ill feeling which will have ramifications for years to come. Meanwhile the pollies who started it can sit back rubbing their hands because having pointed the finger of blame at all bikers, can then say 'told you so'.

If people break the law, they should get busted, but 'carpet bomb' laws which fail to discriminate between innocent & guilty cannot be reasonably condoned.

Cuppa

NP99
2nd November 2013, 07:11 PM
In Iraq when a bomb goes off every body runs and runs for good reason. The cops round up everyone in sight and jail them, there you may stay before you day in court, up to 2 years. Then you have to prove your innocence to the court not them your guilt......the day will come in this country I'm sure when we will have to prove our innocence!!!

AB
2nd November 2013, 07:11 PM
Yep...

As per our discussion with bicyclists, much more danger than motorbikes IMO, shouldn't they announce their wrath of groups getting around slowing traffic from 80km to 20km in blinding corners on trucking routes?

Maybe we should ring the police on our meet ups?

What about a funeral?

macca86
2nd November 2013, 08:02 PM
Motor cyclists are legally aloud to ride side by side in the same lane

AB
2nd November 2013, 08:34 PM
Motor cyclists are legally aloud to ride side by side in the same lane

Ok dinner table convo which no one could answer...

Are bicyclist legally allowed to cut on the inner side of the lane at lights?

Are motorcyclist allowed to do that as well in between lanes at lights to get to the front?

NP99
2nd November 2013, 08:36 PM
Ok dinner table convo which no one could answer...

Are bicyclist legally allowed to cut on the inner side of the lane at lights?

Are motorcyclist allowed to do that as well in between lanes at lights to get to the front?

In Qld.....no to both. They must abide by road rules, there was talk of allowing mc to do that but nothing come of it.

AB
2nd November 2013, 08:41 PM
Victoria anyone???

I'm starting to get sick of "some" of the mentality of bicyclist in my area.

Time to judge dredd it... I am the law... Lmao

NissanGQ4.2
2nd November 2013, 08:42 PM
In NSW I believe yes 2 the first one, cyclist are special people with there own extra special road rules.

- You may overtake on the left of stopped and slow moving vehicles.

Can be found here: Section 9 - Road rules for bicycle riders: www.transport.nsw.gov.au/content/handbook-bicycle-riders#Section_9_-_Road_rules_for_bicycle_riders

I believe not on the 2nd, they fall under the car rules and aren't so special people

Avo
2nd November 2013, 08:46 PM
these laws are very discrimatory as it is documented fact that (bikies)(or people related to a bike group) are only responsible for ......................wait for it................................................ .........................0.6% of crime in queensland.....Geez not much really is it...

NP99
2nd November 2013, 09:14 PM
these laws are very discrimatory as it is documented fact that (bikies)(or people related to a bike group) are only responsible for ......................wait for it................................................ .........................0.6% of crime in queensland.....Geez not much really is it...

Let's not have statistics get in the way of truth :)

04OFF
2nd November 2013, 09:21 PM
In Iraq when a bomb goes off every body runs and runs for good reason. The cops round up everyone in sight and jail them, there you may stay before you day in court, up to 2 years. Then you have to prove your innocence to the court not them your guilt......the day will come in this country I'm sure when we will have to prove our innocence!!!

Look at the latest anti hoon laws, the reality is ,they "remove" the court from the entire procces, now where is the justice there , let alone common sence ?

The modified car owners seem to have just reluctantly but quietly, just copped it all on the chin, and have pretty much lay down easy, i think the powers that be thought , oh that was easy, we can make what ever laws we want, no matter how unjust or unfair, as long as the media loves pushing/inventing problems for us, we all look good.

I think they thought bike riders will do the same, well, i hope it may all just backfire in there face a bit this time, its like they are making laws to make "everyone" a potential criminal , so they are actually creating crime, instead of reducing it !

I feel sorry for "most" of our boys in blue ,as they don't make the laws, but are the ones who will cop (un-intended pun) the brunt of all this hatred !

NissanGQ4.2
2nd November 2013, 09:50 PM
Victoria anyone???

I'm starting to get sick of "some" of the mentality of bicyclist in my area.

Time to judge dredd it... I am the law... Lmao

Had a quick look and can't find anything stating if they can or can't

Coldcomfort
2nd November 2013, 10:03 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/outbackjack0870/Bikers_oz_zpsa0b0b196.jpg (http://s65.photobucket.com/user/outbackjack0870/media/Bikers_oz_zpsa0b0b196.jpg.html)

A motorcyclists map of Australia....

Make no mistake, if that Nazi Newman gets away with this... Whats next? 4X4's ??

SonOf
3rd November 2013, 12:56 PM
So what happens if you and a couple of mates from another state decide to take a bike tour, soon as you cross the border into QLD youmhave to call or call ahead? Furking crazy, and note the news the other day where they said if another state send them a picture of some bikies from one of their deemed criminal groups where they were seen in a group of more then 3, they will arrest them as soon as they return to QLD, so effectively even though it was legal in another state, you cop it when you go home yet technically you didn't break the law. Explain to me how that works in an alledged democratic country again??

threedogs
3rd November 2013, 01:14 PM
Forgot the Bathurst days, only went to one bike meet there, racer died in front of me on the hill about where old Shell tower was,
we camped at old rotunda behind the Tower, Never had any trouble at Hells Angel concerts either in Broadford and I went '83,'84,'85
those were the days my friends

NP99
4th November 2013, 03:43 PM
Forgot the Bathurst days, only went to one bike meet there, racer died in front of me on the hill about where old Shell tower was,
we camped at old rotunda behind the Tower, Never had any trouble at Hells Angel concerts either in Broadford and I went '83,'84,'85
those were the days my friends

Nor did we have oh&s......idiots got weeded out as nature intended.

Coldcomfort
4th November 2013, 07:58 PM
More BS from the Nazi QLD police/guv

http://motorbikewriter.com/2013/11/04/police-advise-on-registering-your-ride/

Punderhead
4th November 2013, 08:34 PM
I would like to see the cops try to take my bike or my car off of me. I can tell you now that I will give my best efforts to stop it happening. I will fight it in court if I have to. You are not telling me what I can and can't do because my hobbies don't suit you all.

Come to think of it, I don't like Toyotas. I probose a ban on all Toyotas. They are a menace on our roads, and a Toyota has been used by a criminal on more than one occasion I am sure!

I ride a dirt bike, and by myself was pulled and harrased, asking if I was a bikie!

What happened to freedom?

NissanGQ4.2
4th November 2013, 08:55 PM
Sad thing is, if it gets passed in one state how long before it gets passed through in other states.

Next it will be

To whom it may concern

I will wake up around 5.40am, if its ok with u I will more than likely take a sh!t

After that said sh!t if you don't mind I would like to have a shower a coffee and brush my teeth.

I will leave for work around 6.10am if thats ok.

I'll try and do as little as possible between 7am till 3pm while at work.

At 3pm I will leave work to go home.

At 5pm if its ok I will cook some dinner and eat it, while consuming some beers.

At 6pm I will sit down 2 watch the news

Between 6.30pm and 10.30pm I do various things but mainly talk sh!t on nissanpatrol.com.au :)

At 10.30pm if its ok with you I would like 2 go to bed so I can do it all over again the next day

If I change my routine I will be sure to inform you just to make sure I'm allowed.

Oh I forgot 2 ask was it ok to drink beers as soon as I got home until I went to bed?????

Kind Regards

Todd

rusty_nail
4th November 2013, 09:00 PM
i dont think you can really blame the pollies and police for this. the this the blame squarely falls on the shoulders on OMC's, the way they behave on road and the current shit storm they have created.

mudnut
4th November 2013, 09:25 PM
Wonder what would happen to the system If every bike rider wanted to go for a ride with a few mates, every day or with a few different mates in one day?

Cuppa
4th November 2013, 09:29 PM
i dont think you can really blame the pollies and police for this. the this the blame squarely falls on the shoulders on OMC's, the way they behave on road and the current shit storm they have created.

If by 'this' you mean the hugely out of proportion response to a few sometimes antisocial groups, some of whose members contribute to a highly visible but tiny percentage of overall crime, then I think we can blame the pollies. If by 'this' you refer to these groups acting anti socially in a highly visible manner then yes, such behaviour does draw attention & allows for an out of proportion focus. No one has suggested that illegal activity should be accepted, but it just isn't reasonable to use such a wide brush to tar so many obviously innocent folk.

Cuppa

rusty_nail
4th November 2013, 10:06 PM
If by 'this' you mean the hugely out of proportion response to a few sometimes antisocial groups, some of whose members contribute to a highly visible but tiny percentage of overall crime, then I think we can blame the pollies. If by 'this' you refer to these groups acting anti socially in a highly visible manner then yes, such behaviour does draw attention & allows for an out of proportion focus. No one has suggested that illegal activity should be accepted, but it just isn't reasonable to use such a wide brush to tar so many obviously innocent folk.

Cuppa

Yeah mate I see your point but I can tell you that its pretty bad up in qld ATM. My uncle is a policeman there and he is bracing for a coming shit storm with schoolies on the way. How would you separate gangs from groups? Have you got a better solution for this crisis? Or do you think that we should just turn a blind eye because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?

FNQGU
4th November 2013, 10:11 PM
I just read it, and actually thought that the very last person to make comment to that media article poured a whole heap of cold water on the hype and interpretation of what the meeting was about. Did I miss something? The comment there from the person who actually attended...not the writer of the article, who was not even present.

He made comment that the meeting was opening up the communication lines etc. and that the Gov't & Police were trying to stress that the laws weren't designed to target anyone other than OMCG's and illegal activity. They were looking for ways to lessen the impact on law abiding Joe Averages who ride motorbikes. Someone else had suggested maybe a hotline or something and others from the MC groups agreed that it might help.

On face value of the article alone, we all have the right to jump up and down and protest, but there appears to be some suggestion of inaccuracy in reporting, by a reporter who was not present.

Just saying...

FNQGU
4th November 2013, 10:14 PM
This comment...

John Meara
NOVEMBER 4, 2013 AT 7:00 PM REPLY
I was at the meeting with the Police Minister and other senior Police last Thursday. The purpose of the meeting as far as I could tell from comments expressed by Minister was to open up the lines of communication with legitimate riders/groups and to express the government’s position that recreational riders were NOT the target of these laws and their recent activities; that the focus is entirely on criminal groups and their associates. The meeting did NOT address the new laws.

After recreational riders had expressed a number of examples of poor treatment when being pulled up, there was some discussion on how riders might avoid drama on their rides. At one point the Police Commissioner mentioned the idea of something like the current Qld “Party Line”. The initial reaction from a few riders was that this might be good (I cannot recall anyone speaking against the idea). One rider rep then said they’d made a habit of contacting their local Gold Coast Police about all their rides and never been hassled. It followed that the police would be happy to engage with rider groups on their movements to be forewarned (just like a party organiser pre-warning the QPS in case it gets out of control). The suggestion was that maybe an email address could be set up too. As I recall, there was never any suggestion that ride groups must now (or soon will have to) report all our rides. Mark Hinchliffe appears to be quoting comments afterwards from the MRAQ and AMC reps who were present. They may have their own views.

A hard-line view of the meeting on a single suggestion is but one legitimate response; but it denies the opportunity it provided for excellent follow-up to communicate further with the Police on how to reduce the incidence of recreational riders being hit as collateral damage in this saga.

04OFF
4th November 2013, 11:28 PM
I would like to see the cops try to take my bike or my car off of me. I can tell you now that I will give my best efforts to stop it happening. I will fight it in court if I have to. You are not telling me what I can and can't do because my hobbies don't suit you all.

This is exactly where most people don't quite understand just where we are already, your rights to have your side of the story heard before the court ,has already been taken off you !

"With Police being given the power to impound your vehicle without going to court, it has removed our right to presumption of innocence. Both impoundment and forfeiture processes will operate administratively rather than through a court. Giving Police more power to be judge, jury and executioner is not a good thing, ever"

http://www.gruntfiles.com.au/campaign/anti-hoon-laws (scrolldown to QLD bill)

Spinning the wheels in the wet, automatic 90 day vehicle consfication no court involment ,get caught HIGH range drink driving, no vehicle confiscation ! :1087:

FNQGU
5th November 2013, 06:29 AM
What happened to freedom?

Australia has never really been a free country. We have all just become accustomed to the little infringements over the years that have slowly been eroding our rights. eg. We MUST vote. Conscription. Fluoride in the water. Gun Laws, Proceeds of Crime laws, taxation laws etc. etc. and things WILL get worse, there is no doubt about it.

There are so many laws and regulations now that some legislation hasn't been used for years and years. The Land of the Free (America) is even worse. Look at what their government is doing. The principles of the American Constitution have well and truly been thrown out the window under the guise of 'protecting the public from terrorism'. Been through a US airport lately? They take your bloody fingerprints, just to get into the place!

Back in Oz - do we the public need this law to be protected from the criminal element (mainly foreigners) in the OMCG's? I would argue that there is certainly a need for a massive crackdown on them for sure. Should it erode our rights in the process - No way! The tools are already there. Use the surveillance, covert warrants, compulsory hearings, proceeds of crime and traffic laws to good effect, and bit by bit it will happen.

Another knee jerk reaction like the Gun Laws that deemed no one could be trusted, is simply NOT acceptable in my view.