PDA

View Full Version : Only in america

threedogs
2nd November 2013, 08:05 AM
Growing up a "GUNMAN" was Billy the Kid or Jessie James, even John Wayne and Clint Eastwood in some movies. Now it seems its a nutter with an AR 15 assault rifle, Mods feel free to delete if it gets out of hand, A gunman is running a muck at LAX airport , 200,000 ppl a day are transferred a day.
One dead and hope the LAPD stop this person before things go pearshaped, It appears he is alone.
As I said only in America this is the 6th this year I think.

fracster
2nd November 2013, 08:08 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24773025

my third 256
2nd November 2013, 08:11 AM
too easy gun laws there and too strong a lobby group
any idiot can get a gun and too many on the black market at cheep price
+boarders arnt that secure from what I see in their tv programs
jmo

nissannewby
2nd November 2013, 08:19 AM
If it is the 6th then it's only the 6th we have heard about guarantee there is probably a lot more

fracster
2nd November 2013, 08:34 AM
We all have our fair share of nutters, just that with the population America has, then they have more.

The gun laws don`t help of course, I cannot see any reason ,whatsoever, how a firearm such as an AK, could be licensed for "home defence".

threedogs
2nd November 2013, 09:07 AM
My Bad its an AR 15 not an AK but still an assault rifle 10 rounds a second.
At least they have him ,shot several times in chest, 23 yo go figure

Bloodyaussie
2nd November 2013, 09:11 AM
Things like this happen in other countries all the time they just dont get the media attention in many western countries..

I have said it before Canada has more guns per capita than most and has one of the lowest gun crime... say something for the American mentality.

93patrol
2nd November 2013, 11:14 AM
I saw on a doco somewhere the America is built on fear that's why they have the strong gun lobby.

The kid apparently want to commit suicide. What I don't understand is why not just top yourself not take anybody else with you. I think also they have a fear of if they do commit suicide they will go to hell but if they die by police then all s well.

Bloody weirdos

taslucas
2nd November 2013, 12:48 PM
Growing up a "GUNMAN" was Billy the Kid or Jessie James, even John Wayne and Clint Eastwood in some movies. Now it seems its a nutter with an AR 15 assault rifle, Mods feel free to delete if it gets out of hand, A gunman is running a muck at LAX airport , 200,000 ppl a day are transferred a day.
One dead and hope the LAPD stop this person before things go pearshaped, It appears he is alone.
As I said only in America this is the 6th this year I think.

Go down to Port Arthur in Tas and say "only in America"....... They will not agree.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd November 2013, 01:11 PM
As they say "guns don't kill people, people kill people"

It's won't matter if you can legally bare arms and own an assault rifle or live in a country that its illegal 2 bare arms, If they want it they will get it or make it.

I don't even know why they use guns anyway, homemade bombs can do more damage / inflict more deaths and injury and the ingredients for homemade bombs can be easily sourced.

"Only in America" gunmans have nothing on other countries bombers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_January%E2%80%93June_ 2013

If I lived on acreage and had the right to bare arms I would have an arsenal of weapons. I just love blowing sh!t up

Avo
2nd November 2013, 01:39 PM
I dislike gun debates,we here in the west have a sh!t of a time trying to get a gun or even a second gun put onto a licence..We already have one of the worst laws(or strictest depends which way you want to look at it)in WA.last year I went for a second rifle,smaller calibare to the first and it still took 14 weeks...I think you will find most people with a gun licence are very law abiding citizens,have to be super careful with everything we do in fear of getting them taken off of us...

threedogs
2nd November 2013, 02:55 PM
All my mates and I used to go shooting all the time, great fun.
back in the "60 at hard rubbish mum was always telling us
no you can't have the .303 put it back or where did you get that .22 lol.
Port Aurthur got rid of a lot of guns And some mates in the Force saw some amazing
rifles destroyed big shame as it was some of our history, flint lock, etc. But what really stuffed it was 9/11
I'd wait 14 weeks for I licence, I'd plan ahead, but I have no need for a rifle these days.
Maybe a compound bow but don't know regs on ownership maybe Growler can fill me in
9/11,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

NP99
2nd November 2013, 03:02 PM
While a massacre is terrible no matter how many are murdered, it annoys me our freedom is surrender bit by bit. Those of us doing the right thing get punished and the real criminals get a slap on the wrist. If I want 10 rifles and am a responsible shooter.....that should be my choice.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd November 2013, 03:09 PM
But what really stuffed it was 9/11.
9/11,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Whats 9/11 got 2 do with a gun issue TD. That was the American government flying planes into their own buildings.................or if you want to believe their story................... terrorists flying planes into buildings

NP99
2nd November 2013, 03:12 PM
Whats 9/11 got 2 do with a gun issue TD. That was the American government flying planes into their own buildings.................or if you want to believe their story................... terrorists flying planes into buildings

9/11 was also the day we started being scared into giving up our freedoms!

Coldcomfort
2nd November 2013, 03:13 PM
In total I have spent 6 months in the US (give or take a week) I have to say that the only guns that I ever have seen were on cops or gaurds. Even in Texas where having a gun is almost a legal requirement guns were not "in your face". Dont get me wrong I still think that there are too many guns there.... You just dont see them....

threedogs
2nd November 2013, 03:19 PM
@ NGQ42 IMO I think 9/11 tighten the laws a bit more on who we gave licences too,

NP99
2nd November 2013, 03:27 PM
@ NGQ42 IMO I think 9/11 tighten the laws a bit more on who we gave licences too,

And for what purpose? Criminals still ignore laws!

mudnut
2nd November 2013, 03:58 PM
This sad news story is not about guns, but the fact that an individual in their society that felt isolated enough to do what he did.

growler2058
2nd November 2013, 04:44 PM
Maybe a compound bow but don't know regs on ownership maybe Growler can fill me in
9/11,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Varies state to state. No worries in SA either recurve or compound Bow or crossbow

threedogs
2nd November 2013, 05:36 PM
Guy was only 23, makes you wonder how much stress would lead you to be so desperate, but One shot 3 injured, 1 badly.
Gunman shot in chest a few times as you do, it is so tragic as you point out MN

NP99
2nd November 2013, 09:33 PM
Sadly, it's ingrained in their culture.....

Bloodyaussie
2nd November 2013, 09:35 PM
Sadly, it's ingrained in their culture.....

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!