PDA

View Full Version : weird clutch pedal

Nvd323
1st November 2013, 08:50 PM
Hi all wondering if anyone has had this happen and had luck solving it. 2004 gu3 zd30

I suspect i have a faulty clutch booster.

My pedal has become half spongy with the engine running. When i disconnect the vac line or switch off the the engine the pedal feels great just hard.

Good amount of free play and spings back. But with it all connected it feels super soft pressing it the only half returns then the clutch bites in hard and takes off with my foot still half on the pedal..

after around half an hour of driving it comes right and will stay fine all day untill the next moring or after its been sitting for a while

93patrol
1st November 2013, 11:57 PM
Probably needs a flush and new fluid. Maybe a good bleed as well

Nvd323
2nd November 2013, 10:17 AM
Hey thanks for the reply ill try it today and let ya know how I get on. But I don't think it's a fluid/air problem as its fine with the booster disconnected. See how I go today though

mudski
2nd November 2013, 10:26 AM
I would blled the system first. If you figure out how to do it let me know... I know how to bleed brakes by myself but the clutch I couldn't do. The biatch just wouldn't bleed.

Nvd323
2nd November 2013, 02:48 PM
Just tryed bleeding the clutch system. No luck im going to see if i can find a good second hand unit or just do a rebuild.

In regards to Bleeding the clutch just had the misses pumping the clutch pedal just ya would with the brakes. Bleed fine