PDA

View Full Version : We are hoons!

AB
31st October 2013, 07:38 PM
I just had a lady throwing her arms up as I went by her on a side street with the perception that I was being a hoon.

This road was in town and a tight, 40 km zone full of kids and walkers.

I was in second gear doing 25kmh at 2100 revs so the sound of my car sounds grunty.

The aesthetics of my 4wd and the sound it produced in second gear gave the perception to this muppet of a hoon "going fast" and she immediately pigeon holed me into that category.

I saw her taking down my number plate too and no doubt this forum name on my vehicle.

It really bugs me that we get pigeon holed into this category.

If u had of being driving a quiet Mercedes then I would not of even received a second glance!

Really shits me gents, vehicle sounds grunty, is high, has big tyres, snorkel, bar, lights, etc...I'm a hooligan!!!!

Bob
31st October 2013, 07:40 PM
yep lol.....

growler2058
31st October 2013, 07:43 PM
yep lol.....

X2 Damn hooligan hoon!!

93patrol
31st October 2013, 07:44 PM
Haha same thing happened to me but my clutch was slipping horribly and was barely doing 20km/h people thought I was doing a skid(it was a commo ute) instead I got 100 m up the road and had to get towed home.

Woof
31st October 2013, 07:45 PM
Probably had the DODF DOOF too loud, you Hoon...lol

Clunk
yeah bloody hoon, hope your car gets impounded for 30 days................................

oh hang on, no thats not funny!!!!!!!!!!

you're still a damn hoon though

Coldcomfort
Pfffft, thats nuffin. try riding a motorcycle. And now apparently Vietnam vets are all criminals (according Adolf Newman that is).

AB
31st October 2013, 07:47 PM
Probably had the DODF DOOF too loud, you Hoon...lol

Yeah my 1990 nissan cassette player and nissan factory speakers really crank those funky beats...lmao

Nah this really grinds my soul doggy. I almost stopped to reverse back to listen to a rant and my rebuttal would of been nasty!!!

Rumcajs
31st October 2013, 07:55 PM
Yes you are a hoon! The biatch has exercised her ill gotten right to be offended by something she doesn't like. She is probably trendy "Greens" supporter who separates her recyclables, is fully in to affirmative action and nanny state puppet. Also you were disturbing a peace with the loud aggresively looking vehicle and not welcomed in her sanctuary.
Fecking wowsers!

This reminds an episode I experienced when walking down the beachfront at the upmarket suburb and as wind was blowing a little I noticed a piece plastic bag being swept along so I decided to run after it to catch it ( I hate rubbish) when this older couple approached me and the old witch gave me a spray for littering their beach, WTF! Needless to say I returned the polite words, I'm sure her highness hadn't been talked to like that for a long time. I could see the stroke or heart attack coming.....

AB
31st October 2013, 08:02 PM
Well said mate!!

I grew up in the town I drove through tonight for 30 years, my olds built their mud brick house here back in the 70's where they still live.

It used to be a rural old bush town full of old school bushy friendly country people roughing it up and a strong community.

Now it's a yuppy suburb full of new age trend setting city slickers. Makes AB sad...lol

the ferret
31st October 2013, 08:07 PM
Well, ya know the rules Andy, ya should be ashamed, I hope she is there again tomorrow and you can say sorry to the poor lovely Mum, shame, shame, and I thought you were a respectable forum owner with a heart as big as a GQ. Hic!!
Cheers, the ferret.

MudRunnerTD
31st October 2013, 08:12 PM
Well said mate!!

I grew up in the town I drove through tonight for 30 years, my olds built their mud brick house here back in the 70's where they still live.

It used to be a rural old bush town full of old school bushy friendly country people roughing it up and a strong community.

Now it's a yuppy suburb full of new age trend setting city slickers. Makes AB sad...lol

And there we have it Gents!!

He's a Farking Hippy too!!

the ferret
31st October 2013, 08:15 PM
Ban stick I'm think'n, no Hippy Hoons on ere please!!
Cheers, the ferret.

Woof
31st October 2013, 08:22 PM
Yeah my 1990 nissan cassette player and nissan factory speakers really crank those funky beats...lmao

Nah this really grinds my soul doggy. I almost stopped to reverse back to listen to a rant and my rebuttal would of been nasty!!!

Yeah I know how you feel mate, it only takes 1 or 2 w@nkers to give all of us a bad name.............and it will take all of us a long time and a hard work to get back our good reputation back

Sir Roofy
31st October 2013, 08:29 PM
yep lol.....

cant hide the truth lol

Winnie
31st October 2013, 08:30 PM
Try doing that with P plates and it makes it 5x worse.

philfree
31st October 2013, 08:49 PM
ive had that a few times my self one time i was in a pretty crap mood and had stalled it going up a slope into miter ten and when i got it going their was a few cars waiting so i zipped it around the corner and out of the way and this old lady was into me swearing and what not i normaly ignore it when it happens but this time i back up and give her a spray to i won't finish the story haha having said that my grandmar used to get angry at loud things saying their hooning when its clearly putting along and i had many very polite attempts to explain but got no where

NP99
31st October 2013, 08:54 PM
Go to far - lose your car :)

gaddy
31st October 2013, 09:03 PM
While at the lookout at glasshouse a month or so ago the people parked beside us were going on just loud enough for us to hear adout all the 4wds . They were sitting at the back of a station wagon eating lunch . Could not help me self gave it s couple of pumps then hit the key , perfect little cloud of deisal to go with the sangers

Stropp
31st October 2013, 09:26 PM
Yes AB it's a shame that all these do gooders can take your number and dob you in for their perception of what's happening and you are guilty until you prove your innocence, don't get me started on these do good tossers !

Hodge
1st November 2013, 07:31 AM
I apparently hooned through BAs street without even knowing he lives there. And I go a PM from him instantly about it. :P

threedogs
1st November 2013, 07:45 AM
If the shoe fits lol.
Its a sad part of life I park in a disabled spot where possible at the super market, boy do I get fowl looks
All they see is like you AB a big 4x4,,chunky tyres + Wheels ,lights everywhere.
Maybe she had a bad day at BINGO, lets hope so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,eyes down

Bloodyaussie
1st November 2013, 07:53 AM
I apparently hooned through BAs street without even knowing he lives there. And I go a PM from him instantly about it. :P

Funny that... my kids are good and know but there are these little fricking horrors that have moved in and they have no sense at all and I am amazed they have not been hit by a car yet....... I am yet to tell the parents who dont give a shit that I will be the one out there holding there kids brains in while screaming for an ambulance.

As for you Andy I would have come past for a second drive-by and asked if she needed help with anything.... that really gets up my tits!!!

threedogs
1st November 2013, 08:04 AM
You got mammaries BA weeellllll Dooooogie

Hodge
1st November 2013, 08:34 AM
BA is 100% spot on.
Each and every house in our little court has young kids. And with warmer weather arriving, they're all out and about all over the street. Some parents keep good visual, others couldn't care less. Mine is only 8 months old, not even walking yet, but I'm already thinking ahead, hows it going to bee when he starts running around out there.
Unfortunately we have a bloke living in our court who is some sort of a home mechanic, and unfortunately he works on riced up jap craps and big V8 commondoors. So, more often then not, they're testing their art of work down our little court. Court is tiny and short, I can't get the trol to go past 40 before I'm at the dead end. But somehow, these w*n*e*s manage to clock up beyond a 100, and YES with all the kids around... Rubber lines on the tarmac say it all.
Sorry this may have belonged to the angry thread.

threedogs
1st November 2013, 08:47 AM
I hear ya Hodge Then there are the ones that do their wheelie thing in the wet, liquid horsepower.
Just video them with your phone its a safety thing so knock it on the head before your young ones are
playing in the court. I throw rocks if they do it around my house Stuff em, Cops will see their tyres if they report it

Drewboyaus
1st November 2013, 09:00 AM
Makes AB sad...lol

I love it when people talk in the third person........LMAO

threedogs
1st November 2013, 09:05 AM
Threedogs says ooohhhh yeah, Drewboyaus lol

TPC
1st November 2013, 09:08 AM
BA is 100% spot on.
Each and every house in our little court has young kids. And with warmer weather arriving, they're all out and about all over the street. Some parents keep good visual, others couldn't care less. Mine is only 8 months old, not even walking yet, but I'm already thinking ahead, hows it going to bee when he starts running around out there.
Unfortunately we have a bloke living in our court who is some sort of a home mechanic, and unfortunately he works on riced up jap craps and big V8 commondoors. So, more often then not, they're testing their art of work down our little court. Court is tiny and short, I can't get the trol to go past 40 before I'm at the dead end. But somehow, these w*n*e*s manage to clock up beyond a 100, and YES with all the kids around... Rubber lines on the tarmac say it all.
Sorry this may have belonged to the angry thread.
You should video them and send it to the police, they encourage dobbing in hoons and if its on a suburban street they deserve to be dobbed in.

Hodge
1st November 2013, 09:15 AM
You should video them and send it to the police, they encourage dobbing in hoons and if its on a suburban street they deserve to be dobbed in.

Some of our neighbours went through all that, even before we moved in 2-3 years ago. Cops come, slap on the wrist, don't do it again... Cya next time. Bloke from 2 doors down, sent in his front sec. cam footage in, nothing happened. I think he got fined several times and had a car or 2 taken off him or one of his customers, as a tow truck with a cop car showed up and loaded up the vehicle. As soon as they left, another one of his mates or customers comes around and the show goes on.
I'm not the type the cause waves, I don't want trouble. Don't s*** where you live. As they say.

P4trol
1st November 2013, 09:27 AM
It's "Don't s*** where you eat" :D

Hodge
1st November 2013, 09:45 AM
It's "Don't s*** where you eat" :D

But ofcourse it is.
I amended it since I live with these neighbours , not eat with them.

dads tractor
1st November 2013, 10:01 AM
This reminds an episode I experienced when walking down the beachfront at the upmarket suburb and as wind was blowing a little I noticed a piece plastic bag being swept along so I decided to run after it to catch it ( I hate rubbish) when this older couple approached me and the old witch gave me a spray for littering their beach, WTF! Needless to say I returned the polite words, I'm sure her highness hadn't been talked to like that for a long time. I could see the stroke or heart attack coming.....

You cruel man now she's forced to walk on HER beach with the hearing aids turned down and the O2 turned up .:-)

liftlid
1st November 2013, 10:03 AM
I just had a lady throwing her arms up as I went by her on a side street with the perception that I was being a hoon.

This road was in town and a tight, 40 km zone full of kids and walkers.

I was in second gear doing 25kmh at 2100 revs so the sound of my car sounds grunty.

The aesthetics of my 4wd and the sound it produced in second gear gave the perception to this muppet of a hoon "going fast" and she immediately pigeon holed me into that category.

I saw her taking down my number plate too and no doubt this forum name on my vehicle.

It really bugs me that we get pigeon holed into this category.

If u had of being driving a quiet Mercedes then I would not of even received a second glance!

Really shits me gents, vehicle sounds grunty, is high, has big tyres, snorkel, bar, lights, etc...I'm a hooligan!!!!

She has properly seen the video of you flooding your car!!!!

BillsGU
1st November 2013, 10:48 AM
Funny you should mention this AB because a similar thing happened to me the other night but I didn't think it was worth posting until now.

I was driving along at night (with my headlights on) in a 70 kmh zone, when two old dears out for a stroll stepped off the curb right in front of me (no pedestrian crossing or anything). They were dressed in dark coloured track suits and had the compulsory head bands on (they must of just finished watching one of those old age activity videos). I hit the brakes to avoid them and the old bags had the audacity to shake their fists at me!! Again if it was a Merc they would have waved and looked red faced - but a 4WD - must be a hoon driving and it was all my fault!!

TimE
1st November 2013, 11:07 AM
Similar situation with a women on a bike rides off the footpath and straight in front of me, jump on the brakes and just miss her. She then proceeded to abuse me for not giving way to her. My response was next time the gene pool will be down one dumb biatch.

lhurley
2nd November 2013, 09:52 PM
The audacity of some people is just horrifying. Don't these people jumping out in front of cars realize that they will come off second best?? Or maybe that they should always stop look and listen when crossing the road? Just cause you have the right of way (most cases they don't) doesn't mean it's safe to go. When I learnt to drive my old man always said, assume that your the only person on the road that knows what they are doing. Since I have had my license I have not had 1 accident. Touch wood.

SonOf
3rd November 2013, 12:41 PM
Thankfully where I live now a 4x4 is just the norm. Back in Parramatta it was the same, big tyres, raised must be a hoon. What was worse was on the weekends you would get the doof doof crew with their "full sick" cars racing down our street which was a straight stretch with round abouts at each end and a kids play ground at one end as well. Had one car come past our house going so fast the windows actually moved. Yet you would never see the boys in blue until the weekday mornings, catching those hooning commuters doing 5km over the limit!

mudnut
3rd November 2013, 12:58 PM
It takes a vehicle doing 100kph, ten seconds to reach our driveway, from the top of the hill. I kid you not, I have had souped up cars and motorbikes get to our driveway in less than three seconds. We take our lives into our own hands, each and every time, we pull out onto the highway. What was stupid is that the camera car use to park across from our drive or on our side, which created even more hazards (imagine a log truck trying to get by us as we turn right into our drive, and a camera car is parked on the verge). Hoons that get caught, get what they deserve.