PDA

View Full Version : new to patrols, need some help!! thanks :)

turbogqshorty
31st October 2013, 12:10 AM
hi guys been looking for a patrol for a while and been keen on a GQ shorty, ive looked at petrol, diesel, dual fuel, (4.2 turbo diesel is just out of my price range unfortunately :() but ive just found a 1989 GQ swb with a tb42e in it with a garrett turbo pwr water to air cooler and autronic smc computer, it has a copper head gasket and car only has 274000kms.. what are your thoughts everyone??? Are these motors able to handle the boost?? it is running 10psi currently but with the cooler I thought this would be fine??

thanks in advance for your help

threedogs
31st October 2013, 07:12 AM
Hi Mate any chance you can pop over to the intros first before asking a question,
just formalities and something the Forum asks of us all.
You'll get a better response as well thanks TD

turbogqshorty
1st November 2013, 01:17 AM
sorry mate, should I just start a new thread in the intros forum? I don't know how to move this thread..

MEGOMONSTER
1st November 2013, 06:01 AM
sorry mate, should I just start a new thread in the intros forum? I don't know how to move this thread..

No your right now, intro done.

TuffTD42
2nd November 2013, 04:00 PM
hi guys been looking for a patrol for a while and been keen on a GQ shorty, ive looked at petrol, diesel, dual fuel, (4.2 turbo diesel is just out of my price range unfortunately :() but ive just found a 1989 GQ swb with a tb42e in it with a garrett turbo pwr water to air cooler and autronic smc computer, it has a copper head gasket and car only has 274000kms.. what are your thoughts everyone??? Are these motors able to handle the boost?? it is running 10psi currently but with the cooler I thought this would be fine??

thanks in advance for your help

It should handle it. Depends on what sort of life it's had as how long it lasts etc. I run 20psi thru mine (TD42) no cooler. It breaths a bit, but still going strong after nearly 4 years in this state. The petrol's are a bit heavy on juice incase you weren't aware. What $$$ is he asking? condition,service history etc.