PDA

View Full Version : Lights

statok
29th October 2013, 05:51 PM
Just wondering, I have a GU 98.

My question is, Are the lights on the back suppose to work e.g stop, Blinker? Im no talking about the ones on the bumpber bar the ones beside the barn doors?

Cheers

Bloodyaussie
29th October 2013, 05:54 PM
No mate they are for show..... in other countries they do work and it is possible to make them but to answer your question NO

statok
29th October 2013, 05:55 PM
Ok thank you.

Is it hard to make them work? Im just thinking when i tow my trail bike on the trailer sorta thing?

Bloodyaussie
29th October 2013, 05:57 PM
I cant say for sure as I have a GQ.. just 3 screws and you can pull the lens off and you will know if it is possible.

statok
29th October 2013, 06:02 PM
Ok thanx heaps mate

my third 256
29th October 2013, 06:06 PM
no plenty of threads on here and anyway you have lights on your trailer
try this link or use the search box top right
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2452-GU-Christmas-Tree

try ebay for light units already made up
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-GU-Patrol-97-01-New-Tail-Lights-Fully-Operating-/130599517257?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e68567c49

janderson
29th October 2013, 06:06 PM
Ok thank you.

Is it hard to make them work? Im just thinking when i tow my trail bike on the trailer sorta thing?

Have herd that if they are wired up to work , you would then be un-roadworthy under ADR rules.

threedogs
29th October 2013, 06:13 PM
You can buy wiring kits for around $90
Well worth it on my model as now I have all reverse working
instead of a single T20 globe, bit of an art drilling holes to suit globe holders.

statok
29th October 2013, 06:37 PM
Hey three dogs.

Are you able to find me a link or something of the wiring kit please.

P4trol
29th October 2013, 08:09 PM
A wiring kit isn't really necessary.

Fuss free way would be to buy new lights on ebay. They have the globe holders (but no actual globes).

Cut off the plug, as you will probably never get the correct one. Buy a generic male/female plug with the pins.

Work out what wire is what, and solder new wires in. Some signals will need to come from the LH side of the car.

statok
30th October 2013, 10:34 AM
Yep all good. My father inlaw is all good with stuff like that.

Much appreciated

Drewboyaus
30th October 2013, 09:11 PM
Have herd that if they are wired up to work , you would then be un-roadworthy under ADR rules.

There is simply no accounting for bureaucratic stupidity sometimes.

Rumcajs
31st October 2013, 07:38 PM

That is incorrect. It will only be un-roadworthy under ADR if the lower lights in the bumper were removed/not working and spare tyre/s remained in the place. The reason those lights are not fitted is that the bastards are saving money during the production. Cost cutting galore.

Cheers