PDA

View Full Version : Instrument panel has disappeared

Golfdoctor
26th October 2013, 07:21 AM
Hi all
I was just driving along in my 05 when the instrument panel just died. Nothing...
Stopped, restarted it but still nothing.
Any help would be great
Thanks
Grant

threedogs
26th October 2013, 07:25 AM
happened to me on my 04 when the alternator was playing up,
other than that got nothing

NP99
26th October 2013, 07:35 AM
A wild arse guess.....disconnect the battery for a while then reconnect. Does the dash have a fuse? Sorry mate, just guessing for you here!

Golfdoctor
26th October 2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the info
But im sure ive read on here somewhere that its a common problem but I cant find it anywhere

Stropp
26th October 2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the info
But im sure ive read on here somewhere that its a common problem but I cant find it anywhere

pm yendor hes the man.

NP99
26th October 2013, 11:53 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8651-ECU-to-Blame

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/archive/index.php/t-17757.html

Golfdoctor
27th October 2013, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the help

threedogs
27th October 2013, 01:17 PM
Check and re do the main earth from your start battery a lot of threads every week relate to poor earth problems

Golfdoctor
28th October 2013, 06:12 AM
Thanks
I will give that a go

macca
28th October 2013, 07:46 AM
There is an instrument fuse, mine blew and I had no fuel gauge I think. Don't know what else didn't work.

Golfdoctor
28th October 2013, 04:39 PM
A bloody fuse
Should of checked that first

Golfdoctor
28th October 2013, 04:40 PM
Do fuses hav a life span?
Or should I replace them all at the same time?

macca
29th October 2013, 01:05 PM
Assume it was the fuse that took out your dash???

Some times a fuse will deteriorate, it needs moisture and or heat cycles. Certainly see it in home main switch boards but takes many years.
I don't remember ever seeing corrosion on a blade fuse, others may have something to offer.
When my instrument lights and gauges failed it had me stuffed what could have caused it, put same size back in and all good 2 months later...

threedogs
29th October 2013, 02:32 PM
Like globes, take tail light for example will have corrosion and the lead part will pit, thus why some ppl hit a lens and it will work, [REPLACE globe its faulty].
Same with fuse boxes in fire walls enough bog holes and flooding river crossing will see moisture form on fuse, more on history of vehicle but a decent spray with WD40 or LANOteck
after you remove all and inspect should see all corrosion stay away for a while, Remove and replace all fuses with new IMO Keep old in ashtray for spares