PDA

View Full Version : ARB in profit slump

NP99
26th October 2013, 01:23 AM
http://www.thebull.com.au/articles/a/41440-profit-to-fall-for-4wd-accessory-maker.html

Four-wheel-drive accessories maker ARB Corporation says its profit will fall due to slowing sales growth and rising costs.

04OFF
26th October 2013, 01:45 AM
From "The Bull" :bowdown:

Sorry to spam ya thread dude, but that made me laugh !

MEGOMONSTER
26th October 2013, 04:56 AM
Low sales , high prices.
Achieve more sales and lower your prices ya bums.

NP99
26th October 2013, 07:25 AM
Low sales , high prices.
Achieve more sales and lower your prices ya bums.

......and employ sales people that care about customers!

Hodge
26th October 2013, 07:49 AM
......and employ sales people that care about customers!

Never had a single issue with my local ARB. They've bent over backwards for me numerous times.
As for the profit slump? Well it was bound to happen wasn't it, with all the cheapos emerging like the Tigerz and the Roocrap. You get what you pay for.

megatexture
26th October 2013, 08:18 AM
There's still a difference in paying for a quality product and paying for a name, the way I see there prices is that they are on the higher end of the market then they throw on another % on top for the name..

Covo71
26th October 2013, 08:21 AM
The gear is good but the prices? There is definitely some huge profit grabbing going on there. I don't want to buy that cheap crap but can't afford all of theirs either. Maybe if someone can organise a lotto win for me.

Hodge
26th October 2013, 08:30 AM
The gear is good but the prices? There is definitely some huge profit grabbing going on there. .

I think ARB are still living in an illusion, that they own the market, hence their prices being overbalooned. Not the case any more with all the other brands out there now. Current economy doesn't help their case.

FNQGU
26th October 2013, 08:39 AM
Would rather buy quality local custom made as well now, and generally I reckon it is comparable in price if not better priced. Plus there are more and more small players willing to give stuff a go. Raslarr, Millweld, Superior etc....the list is getting bigger and better.

MEGOMONSTER
26th October 2013, 09:45 AM
I'm pretty sure I've helped a little in the last quarter. That's for sure. Lol

Hodge
26th October 2013, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty sure I've helped a little in the last quarter. That's for sure. Lol

LOL join the club mate. I've helped for the last 2-3 years, on the patrol and navara.

lhurley
26th October 2013, 09:48 AM
Of course they are going to loss sales. They are almost pricing themselves out the market. I would love you have a fully kitted out car by arb, but I can't afford to spend $10k + on accessories, so I shop around and buy comparable products are much more reasonable prices.

threedogs
26th October 2013, 11:06 AM
Sorry never been a fan of ARB from the day I stepped in the doors of ARB Northern back in 91 and got a gobfull from the Dude behind the counter.
Some may know him as R K, down here in mexico

megatexture
26th October 2013, 11:25 AM
Of course they are going to loss sales. They are almost pricing themselves out the market. I would love you have a fully kitted out car by arb, but I can't afford to spend $10k + on accessories, so I shop around and buy comparable products are much more reasonable prices.10k wont get you much there, certainly not fully kitted out

TimE
26th October 2013, 11:32 AM
When I can buy a their Air Locker (manufactured here) in the USA and get it sent to me cheaper than I can buy from the local ARB shop then I would suggest we are being reemed!

Good product over priced.

NP99
26th October 2013, 11:36 AM
When I can buy a their Air Locker (manufactured here) in the USA and get it sent to me cheaper than I can buy from the local ARB shop then I would suggest we are being reemed!

Good product over priced.

It's all about market dynamics.....I have trouble understanding it !

Stropp
27th October 2013, 02:10 AM
I have my own business and in the last 6 yrs my profit margin has shrunk due to tough economic times, the price of goods and subbies has risen quite a bit but I haven't been able to raise prices as if I do I will get less work so profit goes down, that's life.

Drewboyaus
27th October 2013, 07:55 AM
We can complain all we like but ARB is top quality and they price themselves in the market as such. Their pricing is as much about market position as it is about the costs and quality. They see themselves as top dog and price that way.
Up until now their strategy of lower volume, higher margins has been very successful. If their profits are dropping off, maybe they will realign their pricing with the market until things pick up. They may also choose to ride it out.
More likely though, their profits are being affected by reduced capex spend in mining infrastructure and vehicle fleets at the moment which I suspect is a bigger contributor to their business than their consumer products.
Remember too that ARB support Australian engineering and manufacturing jobs.

89gqpatrol4x4
27th October 2013, 09:17 PM
We can complain all we like but ARB is top quality and they price themselves in the market as such. Their pricing is as much about market position as it is about the costs and quality. They see themselves as top dog and price that way.
Up until now their strategy of lower volume, higher margins has been very successful. If their profits are dropping off, maybe they will realign their pricing with the market until things pick up. They may also choose to ride it out.
More likely though, their profits are being affected by reduced capex spend in mining infrastructure and vehicle fleets at the moment which I suspect is a bigger contributor to their business than their consumer products.
Remember too that ARB support Australian engineering and manufacturing jobs.

very well said!

macca
28th October 2013, 06:29 AM
I too am a bit over ARB.
We have 2 locals stores, the one at Port Macquarie is flash but so is the pushy owner he just rubs me the wrong way and Taree they are great blokes and ladies and so easy to deal with.
The Taree store was ARB, TJM, IronMan e.t.c but now it is ARB only.
ARB products are well engineered and designed generally and the range is outstanding. It's an attitude thing that comes from ARB itself that I have had bad experiences with, warrantee stuff (compressor and lockers).
I was into all their gear when I first started in 4wheeling probably influenced by all the marketing they do, now I am a little wiser but chuckle when I see a new bloke covering his 4B in all their gear and stickers.
Now I know it could be done with better gear from genuine Aussie manufacturers employing Aussies for the whole product. I still have imported bits e.g. my locker but try to buy local if I can.

NP99
28th October 2013, 03:09 PM
Anyone from ARB like to respond! Great product, but some of the sales people are below average in customer service. It's not just ARB, Repco have some great team people and some poor ones!

Golfdoctor
28th October 2013, 03:29 PM
They have some of my hard earned money
Good stuff but to $$