PDA

View Full Version : gq rb25/30 conversion

jokerpfl
25th October 2013, 02:00 PM
hey anyone out there that has done a rb25/30 conversion a quick question about putting a snorkel on off the turbo u would put the piping that leads to the snorkel right is there a differnt kind of airfilter to use with the snorkel or where would u put a pod filter in this case..

04OFF
25th October 2013, 10:23 PM
Your best bet is to use a pre made air cleaner box ,depending on the size intake on the turbo you are using, will dictate what size plumbing/outlet you need to run.

You can also make or get a sealed enclosure for a remote pod filter set-up.

On my RB30, i went with a standard V6 VX-VZ commonwhore aircleaner box, these have around a 3.5 Inch outlet, so combined with a K&N air cleaner (very easy to find for commodores) this combo can flow very well, mine was making 500hp (eng) as pictured below.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/pipe.jpg

Looking at the pic , you can see how easy it would be to run a snorkel pipe into the aircleaner box, probly wouldn't suit the torrie very much tho :)

nissannewby
27th October 2013, 03:09 PM
@#$% that looks good in there steve.

jokerpfl
28th October 2013, 11:36 PM
hey thanks steve thats wat i kinda had in mind wanted to make sure that would be the best option

bamr33
7th November 2013, 05:15 PM
Your best bet is to use a pre made air cleaner box ,depending on the size intake on the turbo you are using, will dictate what size plumbing/outlet you need to run.

You can also make or get a sealed enclosure for a remote pod filter set-up.

On my RB30, i went with a standard V6 VX-VZ commonwhore aircleaner box, these have around a 3.5 Inch outlet, so combined with a K&N air cleaner (very easy to find for commodores) this combo can flow very well, mine was making 500hp (eng) as pictured below.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/pipe.jpg

Looking at the pic , you can see how easy it would be to run a snorkel pipe into the aircleaner box, probly wouldn't suit the torrie very much tho :)

Wow! that's friggin neat, makes me want to turbo mine. Any videos of your gq in action?