PDA

View Full Version : Braided calipher hoses

threedogs
25th October 2013, 10:12 AM
Hi all again as some will know just up graded my rotors to slotted and dimple drilled units, all I can say is awesome.
Need to know if any member has a spare calipher brake hose I can borrow to get some Braided jobs made, ABS in Airportwest want $70 each, I have not been to Enzed or similar yet., Once I have one we then have a template for any GU up grade, all up there are 6 hoses required, one mob quoted me $400 for the lot with 2" extended hoses front and rear.

Robo
27th October 2013, 11:10 AM
think I paid $60 for ea non abs.
$180 for the 3 front lines
recon 70 is on the money.
they are custom made.

hope this helps.
only prob you really need to make sure the shape/twist is incorporated into the shape before the fittings are crimped off.
the braid doesn't twist like the rubber ones.
if they simply stretch your old ones out and clamp the new fitting to line up, when you bend/coil it you may/will find the end result dosent line up as braided has little, if no twisting properties.

threedogs
27th October 2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks Robo went through all that at ABS.
I think I Know where I can get hoses.
, or at least a calipher

Shaun 4x4
27th October 2013, 02:29 PM
What about these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HEL-braided-brake-lines-NISSAN-Patrol-GU-Y61-1997-2006-6-line-kit-NON-ABS-models-/271300600497?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2ac6a2b1

megatexture
27th October 2013, 02:44 PM
Will braded lines make that much of a diffrence ? I've never had them to see the diffrence.

Shaun 4x4
27th October 2013, 02:48 PM
From what I've read and felt they make a huge difference.
I had a 2012 GT before my patrol and the brakes always felt like they needed to be hit pretty hard to stop.

Mate had a 2010 GT, same brakes but with braided brake line upgrade and the force need to brake felt to be a lot less and a lot more instant. Mainly after a lot of private road honing. ;)

nissannewby
27th October 2013, 03:05 PM
Yes braided lines are always beneficial. They don't expand under pressure or heat. You lose pressure to the rubber lines expanding which gives you a spongy soft feel.

megatexture
27th October 2013, 03:36 PM
I understand the principal but for the outlay$ is the difference that big lol

threedogs
27th October 2013, 03:50 PM
Rotors ,pads and brake lines works out about $200 a corner.
something less to go wrong, they do perish over time,
but I'm happy fo fit them

nissannewby
27th October 2013, 11:40 PM
I understand the principal but for the outlay$ is the difference that big lol

Yes. You would notice a difference just putting braided lines on with standard brakes (as long as everything else is working as it should)

megatexture
28th October 2013, 12:35 AM
Got them on the gu matt?

nissannewby
28th October 2013, 12:44 AM
Got them on the gu matt?

Not yet but have used them on bikes a fair bit and the difference they make on them is worth the $120.

I will be putting a set on the gu when I get a chance and some spare cash.

Robo
28th October 2013, 10:27 AM
Just make sure that any fittings that are on the standard lines are also on the new one,
or engineer, rego inspection shouldn't pass.
Also the fittings have to be clamp/crimp, not screw together, think that's an ADR regulation.
In short it has to look the same as rubber , except for the braid.
Plastic covered braid is also high/mandatory on the a want list.

liftlid
28th October 2013, 11:01 AM
Snake racing did sell them if you don't want to hassle with having a set made, just be ready to have a hard time removing the stock hose from the chassis end.