PDA

View Full Version : where did you mount your ctek/equivilant

89gqpatrol4x4
24th October 2013, 06:59 PM
Just bought a ctek D250s and it's huge! so has anyone else fitted one or similar and where? I can get it under the drivers side of the dash but would have to make a complex bracket or I can get it right next to the dual battery with ease but what if it gets wet? and does the heat from the engine and later turbo affect it?

BigRAWesty
24th October 2013, 08:15 PM
Hi mate. Most say to stick it as close as possible to the battery Its changing.
You might have to ring supplier to find out about water resistance. But a simple shield will aid in heat deflection.

gaddy
24th October 2013, 08:54 PM
Ive been looking into this and from what I can find out it is starting to point towards not mounting them under the bonnet on turbo cars . I would also like to hear from those that have done it . Not a my mates brothers cousins dogs owner has one story

Steve

megatexture
24th October 2013, 09:05 PM
fits snug here I’ve not even bolted/fastened it down its hard up against the battery and alloy pipe, and has not moved since I installed it back in 2009 and its nice and far away from the turbo and that was my main concern

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35861

gaddy
24th October 2013, 09:13 PM
Jeez that was quick and good to know

BigRAWesty
24th October 2013, 10:06 PM
Wow that is a large unit.. Why so big?? Or is it just the age??

89gqpatrol4x4
24th October 2013, 11:01 PM
had a quick look and I don't think it will fit there in the Q

cgm
25th October 2013, 06:39 AM
Mine is probably not relevant if you already have the battery mounted in the front. I mounted both the battery and CTEK on the rear shelf between the fridge and cargo barrier. This was for a few reasons. The 4.8 doesn't have much space up front, the AGM batteries are known to not like heat and the summer here is fierce, so anywhere under the bonnet is going to put pressure on heat wise. Mainly I put it in the back because of the heat.

I am really happy with the CTEK as the battery is now 3 years old and seems to be still holding charge well, so I am assuming it has been charged in the correct way by the device. Last time I was here I used another quality brand automatic parallel switch/solenoid style device. The device was good quality, but I think the alternator overcharges the AGM batteries and it only lasted a bit more than a year.