PDA

View Full Version : Need help my 2.8 is blowing white smoke and coughs and splutters

Ralphie90
23rd October 2013, 09:43 PM
Hi all I need some help big time my gu 2.8td is blowing heaps of white smoke and coughs and splutters any ideas!!!

Wine_maker
23rd October 2013, 10:03 PM
Hi!
Oil stains in expansion tank?
Do you have oil catch can?
Is your turbo dry?

the ferret
23rd October 2013, 11:51 PM
Hi all I need some help big time my gu 2.8td is blowing heaps of white smoke and coughs and splutters any ideas!!!

Are you talking about on start up or when engine is warm., need more info!!
Cheers, the ferret

krbrooking
24th October 2013, 12:05 AM
G'day mate, not sure if you already have or not but if you jump over to the intros and tell us a bit about yourself and rig ( history/mods, etc) you might get a few more answers. It's just something we ask of new comers.

Regarding your Q: it could be many things from your fuel lines ( bad injectors/ filters or pump) or it could be and air intake prob. A bit more info would also help like does it do it only under load or all the time or only when it is cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

grimace
24th October 2013, 06:08 AM
g'day ralphie, i was wondering are you having any overheating issues because sounds like something i had with one of my old trucks and it turned out to be a blown head gasket along with a water port seaping into one of the pots, sorry but can't remember which one now. anyway hope for your sake its not as bad as that as that cost me a fark load of coin, cheers.....

viking
18th November 2013, 10:24 PM
my 2c's worth, white smoke is usually burning oil, blown rings, piston or turbo seals. have had blown turbo seals and that is LOTS of white smoke...