PDA

View Full Version : Gesture in behalf of np.com

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 12:59 PM
As some may have noticed its been 12 months since the passing of a valid member and a great friend to many, and many if us wish we had the chance to meet. Rick, aka silver.
So in light of the 1year I propose we dip in and send Ricks family a bunch of flowers on behalf of nissanpatrol.com.
I'm asking for donations for the flowers, but wanna sort this by Friday.
Ill put $10 in,
Please post here amount you wish to give, and me a pm and I'll pass my PayPal details onto you.
Cheers guy's.
RIP Rick.

Stropp
23rd October 2013, 02:41 PM
hi westy, i will chuck in $10.

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 04:06 PM
Hay mate. That's ok about donating. Not everyone's cuppa.

But thanks stropp

AB
23rd October 2013, 04:20 PM
Good idea Westy, I was actually able to meet Rick and his family on our trip up there and I will be more than happy to chuck in $10 as well. PM me your Paypal details mate.

threedogs
23rd October 2013, 04:29 PM
@ Kallen PM details I'm in for $10, Boy one year already,
time certainly flies, Never met Silver but spoke through Posts
Great member sadly missed, thoughts with the family

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys

04OFF
23rd October 2013, 07:00 PM
Hay mate. That's ok. Had a chat to an ex member today who has known and been along side Fran and Family for the past 12 months who will be purchasing Silver, and is currently assisting them finding a more suitable car. So hopefully soon they will be right.
And that's ok about donating. Not everyone's cuppa.

But thanks stropp

Thanks mate, thats great news !,

Scotty (bigrig, also a ex member) was very close to Rick and family as well, he told me Fran bought a new car a month or so ago (a Colorado or something) ?, but the sale of Silver had fallen through, and so this left her in a bit of a spot, so a buyer would be good.

I have not seen Scotty for a few weeks, or spoken to Fran myself, so perhaps things changed, anyway as long as things are working out thats fantastic.

Thanks for understanding the donation thing, once bitten an all that, what your doing is great tho,i know Fran knows how "i" feel anyway :smile:

threedogs
23rd October 2013, 07:09 PM
Is it possible to put "silver" in the for sale section on Frans behalf.
Could be just what a new member is after"

macca
23rd October 2013, 08:25 PM
As for Silver, I wish his family all the very best and hope they can appreciate the goodwill here that is sent their way in thoughts, words and a bouquet.

I don't buy my wife flowers as I don't see the value in them, anyway she would ask "what have I been up to?" if I did.

I applaud you guys that are thinking of Silver's family and Westy it is a lovely gesture.

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks mate, thats great news !,

Scotty (bigrig, also a ex member) was very close to Rick and family as well, he told me Fran bought a new car a month or so ago (a Colorado or something) ?, but the sale of Silver had fallen through, and so this left her in a bit of a spot, so a buyer would be good.

I have not seen Scotty for a few weeks, or spoken to Fran myself, so perhaps things changed, anyway as long as things are working out thats fantastic.

Thanks for understanding the donation thing, once bitten an all that, what your doing is great tho,i know Fran knows how "i" feel anyway :smile:

Scotty's young fella looks to be the lucky fella from my understanding.
So no need to advertise unless it falls threw again.

AB
23rd October 2013, 09:28 PM
I'm a bit disappointed be honest and can't see any others giving any money to Westy to buy flowers for Fran after reading these comments.

A big bouquet would of been great!

Understand your reason gents but considering the objective here I don't think this is the thread to bring that up.

I trust Westy in his good nature to buy Fran some flowers so if any members would like to help out then please pm westy for his PayPal details. It would be appreciated greatly by Ricks family.

taslucas
23rd October 2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah pm sent westy. Good onya mate

AB
23rd October 2013, 10:10 PM
Westy has advised some more donations have now come through so I've edited members posts to bring this back on a positive note gents!

Well done and thank you everyone!!!

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 10:41 PM
At $50 atm with a few to come in.
Just like to thank Scotty, BigRig. Without his help I'd still be flying blind as to where to send the gifts.
I'd also like to put up a link as 'silver' the maverick is still for sale, and if sold would be a huge help to the family.
http://carsales.com.au/private/details/ford-maverick-1989-15810938?R=15810938

MEGOMONSTER
23rd October 2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah I'm in for this.
PM sent

Woof
23rd October 2013, 11:04 PM
I'm in for sure, don't have paypal but still have you account detail Kallen, would that be OK?

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 11:08 PM
Sure doggy.
Thanks guys.

Clunk
24th October 2013, 03:25 AM
Sorry, just seen this post. Nice work Kallen....... I'm in for a tenner, just pm me your PayPal details and I'll send it as soon as possible bud

taslucas
24th October 2013, 07:52 AM
I'm in for sure, don't have paypal but still have you account detail Kallen, would that be OK?

I have PayPal but don't know how to pay by email address?
Can someone explain or can you trust me with your account details kallen?

Winnie
24th October 2013, 08:09 AM
That's the default way to pay mate. Go to the paypal website and choose send a payment, it will ask for the email address.

threedogs
24th October 2013, 08:48 AM
@ lucas did you figure it out ??

macca
24th October 2013, 09:32 AM
I have received an email from AB that has cleared the air a hell of a lot for me.

Please accept my apologies if my previous posting upset or influenced your participation in this fundraiser.

What happened previously should not cloud my ability to support a worthy cause like this, that is where I was wrong.

For that I am sorry.

Kallen can you send me the details, as I would like to assist you with this lovely gesture for Silva's family.

Done thanks Kallen

TPC
24th October 2013, 09:39 AM
PM me the details Kallen and I will chip in.
If you get a bit of money, maybe a gift voucher of some kind with the flowers would be a good idea.
I did not have any contact with Silver as I joined just after his passing but have read a few of his old posts from time to time and he sounded like a great bloke and obviously well respected.

taslucas
24th October 2013, 10:54 AM
@ lucas did you figure it out ??

Not yet. Some of us work! Lol

Alitis007
24th October 2013, 12:35 PM
I'm in for 10, sending pm now

BigRAWesty
24th October 2013, 05:05 PM
We have hit $100. Once the last few stragglers have come threw well be at $130ish. I have made contact with a few florists in the local area and have picked a smaller local one.

Now we can put the whole lot towards flowers and get a wicked bunch. Anyone who buys flowers will know that $100 is the New $20 these days.
But we can split it. Maybe get 2 bunches, one for the family and one for Ricks side, or a gift card for the family?? Happy to go with majority.

Will leave this open until 8am tomorrow, this will allow the florists to deliver it the same day seeing its local.
Thanks to all who have donated.
Again it shows what this forum is about..

AB
24th October 2013, 05:06 PM
Thread cleaned, just wanted to say well done to everyone who is supporting Fran for this kind gesture and thinking of our old mate Rick!

Winnie
24th October 2013, 05:19 PM
My personal vote would be to get one big bunch of flowers for Fran and the family. Imagine their faces when they get a huge bunch of flowers delivered, wish we could see it.

macca
24th October 2013, 05:34 PM
My personal vote would be to get one big bunch of flowers for Fran and the family. Imagine their faces when they get a huge bunch of flowers delivered, wish we could see it.

That sounds great to me

AB
24th October 2013, 05:49 PM
Aussie native bouquets look awesome on a table and last for ages...Did I just say that...lol...Yep, sure did!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/112.jpg

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2013, 05:51 PM
Bloody lovely mate..... now thats a very nice bouquet.

MudRunnerTD
24th October 2013, 05:54 PM
Good job Kallen, happy to chip a $10 to you too mate. Well done again NP.com.au

taslucas
24th October 2013, 06:19 PM
Aussie native bouquets look awesome on a table and last for ages...Did I just say that...lol...Yep, sure did!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/112.jpg

Everyday I learn something about you

statok
24th October 2013, 06:26 PM
Pm me details mate. Im happy to chuck in $10

Clunk
24th October 2013, 06:46 PM
All done Kallen... PM sent mate

BigRAWesty
24th October 2013, 07:13 PM
If everyone is happy with AB's idea I'll get into the florist in the morning to make it happen.

macca
24th October 2013, 07:15 PM
Looks awesome. I don't know a lady who wouldn't enjoy flowers like them.
Edit . Just showed my daughter, she said looked like her grandad's. Problem they were on his coffin. View through different eyes.

GU CAMPER
24th October 2013, 07:40 PM
A little bit late. But can you pm me the details Kallen

I'd like to contribute $10 as well

Clunk
24th October 2013, 07:40 PM
If everyone is happy with AB's idea I'll get into the florist in the morning to make it happen.

Yeah man, I'm easy they all look shite to me anyway......... Bloody hay fever causing things that they are!!!!!!!! Hahahaha

BigRAWesty
24th October 2013, 08:06 PM
A little bit late. But can you pm me the details Kallen

I'd like to contribute $10 as well

Not late at all mate. Pm coming in a minute.

Looks awesome. I don't know a lady who wouldn't enjoy flowers like them.
Edit . Just showed my daughter, she said looked like her grandad's. Problem they were on his coffin. View through different eyes.

Ow good point.. It does look a bit funeralie..

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2013, 08:59 PM
Margherita just looked at the flowers and said "yuk".........

macca
24th October 2013, 09:01 PM
I like it but she looked from a different point of view.

As I said previously, I don't buy flowers.......

Woof
24th October 2013, 09:59 PM
PM just sent Kallen

BigRAWesty
25th October 2013, 08:59 AM
Ok guys, $150.. If were happy with the floral arrangement I'll get it rolling..

AB
25th October 2013, 09:00 AM
Yep, that's great mate....I'll close this thread now so no more donations come in.

Thank you for to everyone who has participated in this, well done!

NissanGQ4.2
10th November 2013, 07:36 PM
Message from Fran & Eliza

Hi scotty ... I'm at a loss for words. I just got home from dropping off Eliza and when I got home I found the florist had been. I can't begin to thank the guys from Nissanpatrol.com (apart from the fact that I don't have everyone's contacts) for such kindness and their wonderful words of care.

Rick was a wonderful man. He was my best friend and I miss him every day.

Would you mind passing on our sincere thanks to everyone. Fran and Eliza xxx