PDA

View Full Version : Different types or ariels

RedDragon
22nd October 2013, 11:08 PM
Long time no chat!

Im getting a new stereo with the ducks nuts, one functions of it, is TV. Dont ask.
So an interesting Question is, Is there some kind of super Ariel i can get that will do CB/Radio/TV?

Or so i need to run all three?

BigRAWesty
22nd October 2013, 11:40 PM
All 3 sorry mate as they all run different frequencies.
But tv??? Got a link??

Hodge
23rd October 2013, 06:09 AM
But tv??? Got a link??

I've got a Eonon M1 unit in mine Westy and it runs a DVB-T. Uses a module just like this one.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EONON-E0770-IN-CAR-DVB-T-DIGITAL-TV-RECEIVER-BUILT-IN-USB-PORT-HD-MPEG-2-X1HY-/181200821613?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a30691d6d&_uhb=1

Drewboyaus
23rd October 2013, 06:44 AM
In theory even though different frequencies and wavelength you could probably use a combo antenna (if you can find one).
I wouldn't though as it would be a major compromise for reception of all thee signal types.
Just use 3 antenna's.,....line em up across the bar!

threedogs
23rd October 2013, 07:49 AM
I have the TV antenna on my Patrol cost is around $100 punch in "Laser Antenna" the are down Seaford way south of Melb.
I brought mine off Fleabay, a couple of styles available

RedDragon
23rd October 2013, 11:16 AM
But tv??? Got a link??

Sure .. i ended up buying this bad boy, because im sick of the standard stereo and been going out a lot more to the farm/beach ..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260782844939?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

just gotta watch this tho, some of the ones this guy has are analogue, which is a bit silly.

RedDragon
23rd October 2013, 11:17 AM
In theory even though different frequencies and wavelength you could probably use a combo antenna (if you can find one).
I wouldn't though as it would be a major compromise for reception of all thee signal types.
Just use 3 antenna's.,....line em up across the bar!

Can never have too man antenna's! :) The stereo i got comes with one, ill try that weak thing out first then upgrade depending.

RedDragon
23rd October 2013, 05:24 PM
And then there is the choice for the reversing camera .. either wire it up under the car .. or torture myself and run it through the car, oh the joys. Ill be reading peoples experiences on this and where to mount later on.