PDA

View Full Version : Tb45 Radiator replacement

rodneyb81
22nd October 2013, 12:35 AM
Hi everyone had my patrol out on the weekend driving around some tracks only about 24 outside but on my ECUTALK it was telling me the radiator was up to 100 when I started driving up hills. Thinking about a radiator replacement what radiators have people put in are there heavy duty types two my jayco outback swan so don't want heating problems note the actual gauge never moved... Should I also replace the water pump when I bought the car 6 months ago had to run water throughout radiator and car for about an hour to get all the red dirt out.... Was all running clear when I finished and put in good quality coolant but looks like it must still not be working the best.

How do I go about testing the viscous hub there are some on eBay for 100 has anyone used these.

Thanks
Rodney

NP99
22nd October 2013, 05:52 AM
The gauge is always a rough guide only. I'd replace the thermostat, water pump and radiator if it had red dirt in the system.

liftlid
22nd October 2013, 07:11 AM
Once a year Drop your car into a good radiator place to properly flush, weld cracks, pressure test, and replace, what's needed, makes a big difference long term.

rodneyb81
22nd October 2013, 03:15 PM
Just got a price on an adrad was 740 jaw still on the ground my commodore was less then 200 ? Anybody got the contacts ?

liftlid
22nd October 2013, 03:19 PM
Just got a price on an adrad was 740 jaw still on the ground my commodore was less then 200 ? Anybody got the contacts ?

Is the existing one stuffed?
What about recore existing rad?

rodneyb81
22nd October 2013, 03:55 PM
The other radiator is still alive when I bought the truck spent ages getting the red shit out but it eventually ran clear can these actually be recorded there a plastic tank ? Just got a price from Natrad they do a 32mm single core for 475 comes with a 3 year warranty.

I was told you can't rod these radiators as there to fine ??. They also said the red would have been rust ...

Rodney

liftlid
22nd October 2013, 03:58 PM
The other radiator is still alive when I bought the truck spent ages getting the red shit out but it eventually ran clear can these actually be recorded there a plastic tank ? Just got a price from Natrad they do a 32mm single core for 475 comes with a 3 year warranty.

I was told you can't rod these radiators as there to fine ??. They also said the red would have been rust ...

Rodney

It's a GU radiator then?

rodneyb81
22nd October 2013, 06:53 PM
I am assuming its a genuine one but could be wrong ....

NP99
22nd October 2013, 11:55 PM
Have a look on ebay too.