PDA

View Full Version : keyless entery remote

spoonie
21st October 2013, 12:29 AM
Hi all
Just a quick question, can you get after market keyless entry remotes for the GU or can you only get new ones from Nissan aus ?

Thanks heaps guys

meh
21st October 2013, 12:54 AM
After market work but you need to hook up a few wires

krbrooking
21st October 2013, 05:35 AM
Yeh I bought one off flea bay and have had it sitting in my garage for ages now as it is a bit complicated to wire up as it is also an alarm, so I have not gotten around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

meh
21st October 2013, 07:00 AM
It's not too complicated http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes

TimE
21st October 2013, 09:44 AM
You can get the replacement remotes from Mr Minute, be ready for some price shock!

spoonie
22nd October 2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks heps guys. I'll go get a price from Nissan today. Really don't want to go a full aftermarket system just to make the doors unlock.

meh
22nd October 2013, 12:10 PM
before your go spending money which i recall to be in the $1xx region just for a remote from. Did you car come with one originally and it stopped working, if not you need to check if you have the receiver module under the glove box, if you dont then buying the remote wont work and you will have to buy an aftermarket keyless entry system and wire it in. You will also need to check if your drivers door has an actuator, if not you will also need to install one of them too.

meh
22nd October 2013, 12:13 PM
Just to add, You are just wanting to keyless entry, then for $50 you can get this kit from jaycar
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=LR8839&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=1041#5

MudRunnerTD
22nd October 2013, 01:01 PM
Note also that the factory Nissan central looking remotes are Famously Disgusting BAD!!! Shame on Nissan!!!

If you need new ones then seriously consider an alarm with new remote package as the Nissan gear is Junk!!!!

A new Nissan Fob Will Not bean Improvement! Crap! Is Crap!

Yendor
22nd October 2013, 01:16 PM
If your vehicle is a 97 model it wouldn't of come out with keyless entry. It also won't have the actuator in the drivers doors.

If your central locking is working, all you need to do is purchase a keyless entry kit and one actuator. Mount the actuator in the drivers door and wire the module to suit.

Purchasing a remote from Nissan won't work.

My Nissan remotes are nearly 10 years old and still working fine, not bad for crap hey......

MudRunnerTD
22nd October 2013, 02:36 PM
If your vehicle is a 97 model it wouldn't of come out with keyless entry. It also won't have the actuator in the drivers doors.

If your central locking is working, all you need to do is purchase a keyless entry kit and one actuator. Mount the actuator in the drivers door and wire the module to suit.

Purchasing a remote from Nissan won't work.

My Nissan remotes are nearly 10 years old and still working fine, not bad for crap hey......

Wow ! Yendor mine are rubbish mate. Rarely work beyond 3m from the car and often take 4 or 5 clicks to work. I have read heaps of threads and comments here and P4x4 about the poor performance of the Nissan Fobs and read heaps about what folks have done to try and improve them.

My wife's car will work from 40m away. Mine drives me nuts.

So can I get a new Module for the drivers door? Mine have been like this sines I have owned the car. (5 year) no better, no worse. Any improvement would be a winner.

Cheers MR

Yendor
22nd October 2013, 03:27 PM
Wow ! Yendor mine are rubbish mate. Rarely work beyond 3m from the car and often take 4 or 5 clicks to work. I have read heaps of threads and comments here and P4x4 about the poor performance of the Nissan Fobs and read heaps about what folks have done to try and improve them.

My wife's car will work from 40m away. Mine drives me nuts.

So can I get a new Module for the drivers door? Mine have been like this sines I have owned the car. (5 year) no better, no worse. Any improvement would be a winner.

Cheers MR

Yes I have read those threads. But if you think about how many vehicles that have been sold it's only a small amount that complain.

I don't think replacing the remote receiver module behind the glovebox will help. I don't believe it a problem with the vehicle, it's possible something caused by mods that have been done to the vehicle that might be blocking or interfering with the signal. Or though it would be interesting to swap the module from one vehicle that was working correctly into a vehicle that was having problems.

The other thing to remember is that remotes are delicate electronic items and should be treated as such. They should be keep away from electromagnetic fields, moisture, extreme heat and not thrown around or sat on.