PDA

View Full Version : New member from Adelaide

Craig Kean
17th January 2011, 10:20 AM
Hi my names Craig
I have just bought an 89 GQ patrol with 190 on the clock and had it checked out by my mechanic and he found no discernible problems I'll let you know how things progress i keep a look out on this site for any problems that people have had or are having.

YNOT
17th January 2011, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the forum Craig. I moved your post so people will see it. Feel free to ask any questions.
We like photos on here to, so if you wanted to you could start a build up thread in "members rides" and add photos and text as you go.

Tony

AB
17th January 2011, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the Craig and congrats on the purchase.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
17th January 2011, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Craig Kean
17th January 2011, 12:29 PM
Hi thanks for the reply.
I've been told that these 4.2 diesels have a slight problem with over heating,what have people done to try and stop this problem and has any one used an oil cooler to fix the problem.

craig

Bob
17th January 2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome Craig. Good pickup for a 89 Patrol with 190,000 K's. Enjoy and join in the conversations

Craig Kean
17th January 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi it's Craig again I live in Reynalla

Maxhead
17th January 2011, 02:20 PM
G'Day Craig, welcome to the forum mate

DX grunt
17th January 2011, 02:47 PM
G'day Craig.

Welcome to the forum. We're all gunna have a forum get together in South Oz in 2012 and you're welcome to attend.

We just have to find a place. By what's been said so far, it'll be Easter 2012

Ross
DX grunt

YNOT
17th January 2011, 03:33 PM
Hi thanks for the reply.
I've been told that these 4.2 diesels have a slight problem with over heating,what have people done to try and stop this problem and has any one used an oil cooler to fix the problem.

craig

There is a number of different things that on their own or combined can cause over heating. Radiator, thermostat, fan hub, water pump etc.
Start by looking at air flow through the radiator, if the front of the grill is covered with big spotlights and winch solenoid boxes etc, your cooling system will struggle. Make sure the radiator is sealed to the radiator support panel so that all the air entering the front of the car is forced through the radiator. Make sure the fins of the A/C condensor and radiator are not blocked with debris.
After that is when you need to start looking at the internals of the cooling system (Radiator, thermostat, fan hub, water pump etc). If your radiator does need to be replaced it would be a good idea to get an upgraded radiator, not just a standard replacement.

Tony

Sir Roofy
17th January 2011, 05:11 PM
welcome to the forum craig

roofy

wildgu6
17th January 2011, 05:33 PM
Hey Craig, Welcome aboard the Trol express,
Simply the best forum around.
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable mate.
Good to see another member from the great state.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Woof
17th January 2011, 08:33 PM
Welcome Craig, enjoy the forum mate

Finly Owner
17th January 2011, 11:41 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Craig

Tim

NUGGET
20th January 2011, 12:25 PM
Hey Craig welcome from another from Adelaide / Salisbury East enjoy.

patch697
25th January 2011, 10:18 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.