PDA

View Full Version : Hope everyone is all well with the fires!

trekster
17th October 2013, 10:10 PM
Hey all,

I hope everyone who is in the affected areas of the fires are ok! I saw the Sydney news tonight and holy hell it looks bad down there!!!! It brought back memories of about 10 years ago when it was snowing ash on Christmas day down there! Hopefully the weather calms down a fair bit and the awesome firies can get things under control!

Best thoughts and wishes to everyone!!!!

Cheers,
Eric.

Warwick89
17th October 2013, 10:15 PM
Same here, stay safe everyone

mudnut
17th October 2013, 10:25 PM
All the best to all affected. Its so early in the season.

Clunk
17th October 2013, 10:40 PM
Yeah stay safe peeps

MudRunnerTD
17th October 2013, 10:50 PM
Scwally winds all night tonight so not sure there was any respite. Just got in from a night out so have no news but the smoke this arvo was pretty intense.

gaddy
18th October 2013, 07:19 AM
Take care down there everyone

Steve

threedogs
18th October 2013, 07:24 AM
Lets hope some idiot didn't start them,
but thoughts with all affected

Alitis007
18th October 2013, 07:34 AM
Best wishes and our thoughts are with all affected. I think Todd is around that area ?? Stay safe mate!

growler2058
18th October 2013, 07:37 AM
Scwally winds all night tonight so not sure there was any respite. Just got in from a night out so have no news but the smoke this arvo was pretty intense.

I can smell it still this morning but it's cleared compared to last night

Bloodyaussie
18th October 2013, 07:43 AM
Hey all,

I hope everyone who is in the affected areas of the fires are ok! I saw the Sydney news tonight and holy hell it looks bad down there!!!! It brought back memories of about 10 years ago when it was snowing ash on Christmas day down there! Hopefully the weather calms down a fair bit and the awesome firies can get things under control!

Best thoughts and wishes to everyone!!!!

Cheers,
Eric.

Yeah I lived in Sydney during that fire... it was pretty bad.

Woke every morning to find the house full of smoke and the eyes were constantly stinging.... I was in the Sutherland shire and the fire in the Nasho were a stones throw away.

Hope you guys are ok and there is no danger to people or property (have not seen the news for weeks sorry)

AB
18th October 2013, 07:47 AM
Best of luck everyone up there and remember no heroes in a bushfire.

If you and your house are not prepared then just get out, stuff the house and cosmetic crap, look after your family....Number 1.

Hodge
18th October 2013, 08:25 AM
Yes hope everyone is safe and not much gets lost. Watching the news last day or so and it's not good. Brings back horrible memories from black sat.
Best wishes for everyone affected.

Cuppa
18th October 2013, 08:33 AM
Not a good start to the season, fingers crossed for anyone up that way.

rkinsey
18th October 2013, 11:44 AM
Todd's up in the Blue Mountains and a lot closer to the fires than me so stay safe Todd and if you need anything Im only half an hour away.

My mother is still trapped at Lake Munmora but so far the residents are safe and well as they live on the lakes edge. The fire up there came within 100m of the village she lives in.

Thinking of the fireys that risk their lives to help others. Well done lads and ladies. Your commitment to Community and your fellow man (and animals) is without a doubt the most selfless act anyone can commit.

Cheers,

Rob

NissanGQ4.2
18th October 2013, 05:17 PM
Todd's up in the Blue Mountains and a lot closer to the fires than me so stay safe Todd and if you need anything Im only half an hour away.

My mother is still trapped at Lake Munmora but so far the residents are safe and well as they live on the lakes edge. The fire up there came within 100m of the village she lives in.

Thinking of the fireys that risk their lives to help others. Well done lads and ladies. Your commitment to Community and your fellow man (and animals) is without a doubt the most selfless act anyone can commit.

Cheers,

Rob

I need a stiff scotch Rob! What time u coming around????

Wishing your mum a safe next few days

And X2 with thanking the fireys, without them donating their time and effort I would hate 2 thing how many lives and homes would be lost

taslucas
18th October 2013, 05:30 PM
I need a stiff scotch Rob! What time u coming around????

You can have some of mine.......oh wait, you already did that!!

BigRAWesty
18th October 2013, 05:41 PM
was i lit from natural causes or deliberate??

NissanGQ4.2
18th October 2013, 06:50 PM
You can have some of mine.......oh wait, you already did that!!

I actually didn't, I have been teasing you, so I will have some of yours now :)

taslucas
18th October 2013, 06:51 PM
I actually didn't, I have been teasing you, so I will have some of yours now :)

Hope ya choke!!

NissanGQ4.2
18th October 2013, 06:52 PM
was i lit from natural causes or deliberate??

Not sure, I heard something about a tree falling on 2 powerlines which may have started a fire but not sure what fire area it was in

NissanGQ4.2
18th October 2013, 06:56 PM
At this stage in the Springwood / Winmalee area, 81 properties have been destroyed, with 37 damaged.

Approximately 30 percent of the fireground has been assessed. The number of properties destroyed or damaged will rise :(:(:(

AB
18th October 2013, 07:01 PM
Bit scary at this time of the year!

trekster
18th October 2013, 07:02 PM
That is very sad indeed, I've seen that the great people at woolworths are matching donations dollar for dollar for the next two weeks! I will be donating for sure!

Woolworths supermarkets nationally are now accepting, and for the next two weeks will match dollar-for-dollar, any customer donations made through our checkouts to The Salvation Army’s Bushfire Relief Appeal.

Woolworths State Manager for New South Wales, John Eales, said our thoughts are with the people and communities who have been affected by yesterday’s fires in New South Wales.

“As a long time partner of The Salvation Army, we stand ready to help them do what they do best, and that’s supporting people in their hour of need.

“The Salvos are already on the ground providing relief to bushfire affected communities across the State and today we’re asking our customers to join us and help their work by adding a donation at the checkout of any store.

“Making a donation at your local Woolies is the easiest way to help. Simply ask a Woolworths team member to add a donation to your purchase, select the donation button at the self-serve checkout, or make a donation at woolworthsonline.com.au.

“Woolworths will match any customer donations dollar-for-dollar for the next two weeks,” said Eales.

If, for example, a customer adds a $10 donation to their grocery bill, Woolies will match it leading to a total donation of $20 to the Salvos.

All donations over $2 are tax deductible.

“I encourage everyone to dig deep and give what you can, because with Woolies matching all donations, every dollar adds up for those in need," said Eales.

Cheers,
Eric.

PMC
18th October 2013, 07:02 PM
At this stage in the Springwood / Winmalee area, 81 properties have been destroyed, with 37 damaged.

Approximately 30 percent of the fireground has been assessed. The number of properties destroyed or damaged will rise :(:(:(

Hi there folks,

Not good at all!

Regards,

RLI